What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I look at Rudy and DM kind of like a house in the SLC market. As a seller, there’s no better time to cash in then right now if you don’t have to buy back in.

I’d much rather flip their value and come back to the table in 3-4 years with a deeper, younger team.

Whether it’s Rudy or DM, it’s not enough. Neither are going to lead you to a championship. The only way to enable that is to jettison at least one of them and pray for luck or ditch both and put together a fresh team without the drama.

And for the record, I think DM stays, Rudy goes.

How can they even free up cap-room?

Like, can they get max room for 2023 free agency if they trade for Mitchell now? Are there even players in 2023 that are max worthy?
2025... not 2023... I can just see Leon Rose pitching Dolan on "wait until you see what happens in 2025 free agency!!!!"

I look at Rudy and DM kind of like a house in the SLC market. As a seller, there’s no better time to cash in then right now if you don’t have to buy back in.

I’d much rather flip their value and come back to the table in 3-4 years with a deeper, younger team.

Whether it’s Rudy or DM, it’s not enough. Neither are going to lead you to a championship. The only way to enable that is to jettison at least one of them and pray for luck or ditch both and put together a fresh team without the drama.

And for the record, I think DM stays, Rudy goes.
Right and by splitting them up we are selling one house for a similar house and hoping to get some hidden value... its more likely some value gets eating up in the transactional costs and the market will be similar to what it is now in the best case scenario.

Again, there’s simply no legitimate reason to put the franchise, fans, or teammates through keeping Donovan here through a whole miserable season more filled with drama and rumors. He will actually ruin All Star weekend in Utah, not make it better Ryan. Dude will be nothing but a dark rain cloud of drama for 7 months and all for what.

Right and by splitting them up we are selling one house for a similar house and hoping to get some hidden value... its more likely some value gets eating up in the transactional costs and the market will be similar to what it is now in the best case scenario.

Part of my 3-4 year view is that I just don’t see Conley improving and we have other bad debt on our books that prohibit us (Royce, Gay, etc.). So building around Donovan isn’t a next year plan, it’s basically a long-term outlook with the intention he’s here and happy the rest of his contract. And if the losing sets in, he’s going to want to cut his losses and run literally anywhere else.

Structurally, I just don’t see this team competing for a top 3 spot in the West and if you aren’t confident you can do that, you punt.

Part of my 3-4 year view is that I just don’t see Conley improving and we have other bad debt on our books that prohibit us (Royce, Gay, etc.). So building around Donovan isn’t a next year plan, it’s basically a long-term outlook with the intention he’s here and happy the rest of his contract. And if the losing sets in, he’s going to want to cut his losses and run literally anywhere else.

Structurally, I just don’t see this team competing for a top 3 spot in the West and if you aren’t confident you can do that, you punt.
Agree... if you think you can spin Conley, Bogey, and Rudy into something that is win-now and gets you to the second round next year then go for it... as long as it gets you some future facing pieces... but that is a tall order and so likely to fail.

I hold on to Donovan if the offers are weak or meh... if I'm getting 100%+ of what I'd expect in a year then I'm going for it now.

Can anyone tell me why Duncan Robinson isnt playing at all?

Kind of insane he had a crazy as **** Game 1 in the first round where he was a +16, then the Heat just bench him. Was his defense really that bad?

like if the Heat said Royce/Gay for Duncan, would both sides want to do that?

Royce/Gay both seem very "Miami Heat" type players to me.

like if the Heat said Royce/Gay for Duncan, would both sides want to do that?

Royce/Gay both seem very "Miami Heat" type players to me.
I’d do it. It would have a net positive on our defense. Why? Because however bad DR is on D (haven’t paid attention) it is, at worst, status quo with the rest of our guys. The fact that we’d be trading our Royce would force us to make other moves to bolster the defense because we’d have the perception of “OMG we’re losing Mr. Defense” combined with the perception of “OMG we’re getting a bad defender,” that it would force us to be more cognizant of compensating, even if the actual defensive ability is a wash from that move alone.

As long as we have Royce on the roster, we continue to believe he’s part of the solution and it facilitates a huge blindspot.

I’d do it. It would have a net positive on our defense. Why? Because however bad DR is on D (haven’t paid attention) it is, at worst, status quo with the rest of our guys. The fact that we’d be trading our Royce would force us to make other moves to bolster the defense because we’d have the perception of “OMG we’re losing Mr. Defense” combined with the perception of “OMG we’re getting a bad defender,” that it would force us to be more cognizant of compensating, even if the actual defensive ability is a wash from that move alone.

As long as we have Royce on the roster, we continue to believe he’s part of the solution and it facilitates a huge blindspot.
Yeah, I dont think it would lmfao. The Jazz would just be even more awful on D by a pretty big margin.

I dont think Royce in any way makes the Jazz think they can ignore defense. They just ignored defense because they wanted all the best offensive players/shooters possible.

That was ki8nd of a joke, in that Eaton certainly wasn't the central figure.

However, if you want an answer to "If you can show me an offensively limited center over 30 years old worth $40 million in the history of the league", you first need to answer "If you can show me an offensively limited center under 30 years old worth $40 million in the history of the league". If we don't have a list of the latter to look from, why should we expect the former? If Gobert is truly singular, then you can't predict how he will age.

We saw it. We just explain it differently. When Gobert is actively guarding anyone, of any size, in the league he holds down their shooting percentage. No one is better than he in that.
Rudy is a very good player, but yall do some over the top over rating of the guy. Yall use Brunson as an example of a "non-elite" player who torched our guards. Well, a simple Google search of Brunson on Rudy in our series shows multiple videos where Brunson isos on Rudy, gets Rudy to the paint, toys with Rudy, then finishes.

I'm just sick and tired of watching all of the Jazz fail defensively come playoff time then gradually the narrative changes to Rudy played awesome and nothing was his fault.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Welp, the Jazz held onto Mitchell for a year too long.

Everyone knows he's just a borderline all-star who doesnt play D.

It's pretty clear the Jazz are just going to hold onto him because no one is going to offer a Godfather package.
You mean Conley right? Your boy sapped our resources and sucked a big one again.

Your boy Missing Mike. Good call Cy.

Also I swear Lopo told another poster while I was banned that he has blocked me so he doesnt have to see my post anymore, but the pathetic weasel still follows me around even though I'm not interacting with him at all.

Interesting.

Lopo when he sees I made a new post.

istockphoto-910742520-170667a.jpg

Just be honest for once. One time man. Just once.

Your little vendetta against Don should actually be against the guy you were 100% wrong about.

Just
Be
Honest

I made an entire thread called "Grade Playoff Performances" where I gave Mike Conley the lowest grade.

Please get off my jock you pathetic weasel.

I dont like Donovan MItchell. Get over it and stop crying your weasel tears to me.

There isnt a more honest poster on this forum than me. I tell you why I dont like players. I dont hide behind made up narratives like you do. I also dont make up things people have said with zero receipts then when asked to pull receipts make an excuse about how I cant, unlike the forum's weasel.

I made an entire thread called "Grade Playoff Performances" where I gave Mike Conley the lowest grade.

Please get off my jock you pathetic weasel.

I dont like Donovan MItchell. Get over it and stop crying your weasel tears to me.

There isnt a more honest poster on this forum than me. I tell you why I dont like players. I dont hide behind made up narratives like you do. I also dont make up things people have said with zero receipts then when asked to pull receipts make an excuse about how I cant, unlike the forum's weasel.
A weasel is one who won't admit mistakes. Avoids the truth. Hides behind other excuses.

Your boy Conley screwed over the Rudy era. Hold him accountable. Quit scapegoating Donovan.

But you'll still weasel away from the truth - you were wrong about the worst trade in franchise history. A team on the brink of title contention spends all assets on an over the hill PG.