What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I actually think it is more of a sellers market. With no clear cut title favorite there are a ton of teams that are all in on competing this year and that is always a great thing for sellers. The question as always though is what kind of salary a seller is willing to take back to make things match. That is what likely makes Vando the most attractive of our guys for other teams is his salary is so easy to absorb.
The lack of picks among the contenders is kind of why I think its a buyers market. Bucks, Sixers, Clips, Denver and Cleveland are all basically out of picks, Boston, Brooklyn have a few picks out so not much to offer. Some teams that would be buyers that have disappointed like Raps, Lakers, Atlanta... GS has limited contracts to offer

I think Detroit, SA, Utah, Houston all have some functional pieces for a win-now trade for someone.

Not disagreeing because we have seen zero movement on the trade market... just laying out how I see it. I think last year there were lots of teams that ended up keeping guys because they held out for FRPs and ended up not selling... Eric Gordon, Orlando with Harris/Ross... I think teams are hoping to nab these types of pieces with second round picks. I think the market is mixed but it only takes one or two moves and other teams might react.

I actually think it is more of a sellers market. With no clear cut title favorite there are a ton of teams that are all in on competing this year and that is always a great thing for sellers.
Those teams all seem to like their current rosters. That's why they're contenders. Their guys are good.

Those teams all seem to like their current rosters. That's why they're contenders. Their guys are good.
Yeah but there are teams near or below the blow up line who dont own their 2023 picks... Chicago, Minnesota and Lakers.

Also Raptors might be buyers despite being very low. Their window should be right now.

Your take on Vando might be the worst take I have ever seen. He has a massive market with his level of play and salary number.
We'll have to agree to disagree here. The numbers don't lie.

He's a bad defender who can't shoot and can't finish near the hoop if there's a defender anywhere close. This isn't "hating" on Vando, it's what I see when I watch the games. His only above average NBA skill is probably offensive rebounding, and even that number is probably inflated because teams don't pay any attention to him on offense.

Man... it really sucks... but we have 3-4 good reasons to help the ****ing lakers:

1- So we can offload vets and tank to a decent pick range.
2- To help make sure NO doesn't get an amazing pick.
3- To help them pass Minny and make that pick better.
4- Obviously to get a good future first or two.

Man... it really sucks... but we have 3-4 good reasons to help the ****ing lakers:

I'm actually okay with helping the Lakers at this point because I don't think any deal we make with them could help them enough to become legit title contenders...a solid playoff team maybe, but not title contenders.

It's honestly time to blow it up. Everyone but 'maybe' Lauri should really be on the block.
They cannot do this really. They added a lot this summer, that has not even had enough run, to know what they have yet. Once they unload vets, if they even can, it may seem like they are blowing things up. Better odds all it will be, is getting younger less proven players, not dumping vets AND unproven players, for more unproven players and unknown picks. Besides the blow up already happened smh

its not going to happen imo. far more likely Danny wants players back that help us not more picks, unless you think he could get walker

its not going to happen imo. far more likely Danny wants players back that help us not more picks, unless you think he could get walker
I think Ainge is an opportunist. I believe he'd be fine collecting more picks if he thinks the trade is in our favor and the benefits us long-term. He probably has a timeline, a list of guys on our team he wants to keep for the rebuild, and a list of guys he's 'meh' on or would trade in the right offer came along.

I think Ainge is an opportunist. I believe he'd be fine collecting more picks if he thinks the trade is in our favor and the benefits us long-term. He probably has a timeline, a list of guys on our team he wants to keep for the rebuild, and a list of guys he's 'meh' on or would trade in the right offer came along.
sure but the only trade I can think of that would interest him, would be something like JC to LAL for Walker , Nunn, Christie and the CHI 23 2nd. But I cannot see LAL giving up all 3 of them

sure but the only trade I can think of that would interest him, would be something like JC to LAL for Walker , Nunn, Christie and the CHI 23 2nd. But I cannot see LAL giving up all 3 of them

I think Ainge would be far more interested in the Lakers 27 and 29 first round picks than he would any of the players on their roster.

I gotta hear the logic here.
Sure, here's one.

We started 10-3. We are now 9-16 with loses to Detriot (dead last), Rockets, (2nd to last), and the Spurs (third to last).

That's a pretty good indicator that you aren't very good either.

Sure, here's one.

We started 10-3. We are now 9-16 with loses to Detriot (dead last), Rockets, (2nd to last), and the Spurs (third to last).

That's a pretty good indicator that you aren't very good either.
So trade everyone?

Not sarcastic, honest question.

So trade everyone?

Not sarcastic, honest question.
Nah. Trade a few. Retool. Be an opportunist in the market. Swap out some poor fits for a rehash. Test for another 15 - 20 games. If it isn't there. Go for a 1 - 19 finish to end the season.

That should be good enough for multiple lottery picks so long as Minny stays on track. Pray for balls.

Random, but I'm surprised Paschall is still sitting on his *** after the Wolves waived him. The guy should be on an NBA roster as he put up solid stats for us last season.

I think Ainge would be far more interested in the Lakers 27 and 29 first round picks than he would any of the players on their roster.
any that are available sure. No way Lakers give up all 3 of those even though Nunn is available. No way Ainge is eating any large deal from them with the picks you mention being so far out

Lakers wont trade those picks without heavy protections. Looking at age, health, depth and contracts they have.. Pelinka cannot think they will compete in 2027.

Lakers wont trade those picks without heavy protections. Looking at age, health, depth and contracts they have.. Pelinka cannot think they will compete in 2027.
I think he will trade one of them, but it wont be to the Jazz for a 6th man. Far more likely has to find a Westbrick trade, use the pick to unload him, and take back 4 players 2 whom probably are Lebron buddies, and over 35. smh