What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

he clarifies with a followup that it's non-Laker fans that will be upsent.
Let’s hope it’s not that type of trade. Jazz gave up value in the Bogey and Beverley trades. Hopefully, they can extract some real assets out of any new deals they make.

In all honesty, something is better than nothing. Only give up players and get as much back as you can. Jazz really don’t lose anything by selling at the deadline this year. I’m hoping DA works them both over. . . but it might not be the case. It’s hard to really know what everyone’s value is currently.

I feel like fans across the board are overvaluing DLo, Conley, Vando and Clarkson. I guess we’ll see what ends up shaking out soon enough.

Where are all the folks that lold about the Jazz won't tank... yada yada yada... we tanking the eff outta this B. Silver can't even bitch about it cuz we helped the Lakers... likely throws a few extra ping pong balls our way to help out.

Losing Vando (a guy with no discernible ball skills), Beasley (shooting a meh .359 from the perimeter this season on a preposterous 9 attempts per game) and Conley (one of the main culprits for our terrible point-of-attack defense) likely makes us better, not worse.

Something weird must be going on. Typically when Shams/Woj are tweeting about a deal like this, it's basically on the 1 yard line and gets pushed through within the hour.

Maybe it's like that Memphis trade, think it was even with the Lakers, where it fell through because they confused the 2 Brooks'

Dillon Brooks · MarShon Brooks

If anybody else remembers that

*editing for link*

SBNation link about how the trade fell through

Something weird must be going on. Typically when Shams/Woj are tweeting about a deal like this, it's basically on the 1 yard line and gets pushed through within the hour.

Same thing happened with the Jazz/Knicks Don deal in the summer. When Shams tweeted and wrote an article about it I figured it was a done deal...and we all know how that turned out.

Same thing happened with the Jazz/Knicks Don deal in the summer. When Shams tweeted and wrote an article about it I figured it was a done deal...and we all know how that turned out.
That one was like "they have re-engaged in talks" IIRC. This one is much more specific and seemed like it was nearly done.

Looks like my 2 hour window theory was wrong.

We're swapping the BKN/PHI pick from the Royce trade.
That's why I'm asking the "how". We are getting the "least favorable" pick out of the Nets/Rockets/Sixers. If we are able to swap that pick with the Lakers then it certainly would not be the “least favorable” out of the four. What would stop the Nets or Sixers from swapping their pick with us?

Let's say Sixers all of a sudden decide to blow it up now and tank their way to the #1 pick, does that pick go the Rockets or the Nets?

That's why I'm asking the "how". We are getting the "least favorable" pick out of the Nets/Rockets/Sixers. If we are able to swap that pick with the Lakers then it certainly would not be the “least favorable” out of the four. What would stop the Nets or Sixers from swapping their pick with us?

Let's say Sixers all of a sudden decide to blow it up now and tank their way to the #1 pick, does that pick go the Rockets or the Nets?
We only trade our rights to the pick... it doesn't affect the others.

We only trade our rights to the pick... it doesn't affect the others.
Our rights to swap the pick... nets got to swap the pick over us...

Like if we are to get the rights to swap pick with the Lakers then Lakers will get the least favorable of the four and we get the second least favorable. Meaning Lakers likely get the Sixers pick, we get the Nets pick and nets get the Lakers pick.

We get the least favorable, probably 76ers pick at 25-30. A swap with the Lakers is unrelated to the trade with Brooklyn, we'll get that pick regardless. If it's worse (very likely) than the Pelicans pick (or Lakers pick, if Pelicans collapse), we swap it with that, if not, we lost out.

The order of things is:
1) Houston can choose to swap picks with Brooklyn (not happening)
1) Pelicans can choose to swap with Lakers
2) We get the worst of 76ers and Brooklyn picks
3) We can choose to swap our pick (from step 2) with whatever the Lakers are stuck with

Our rights to swap the pick... nets got to swap the pick over us...

Like if we are to get the rights to swap pick with the Lakers then Lakers will get the least favorable of the four and we get the second least favorable. Meaning Lakers likely get the Sixers pick, we get the Nets pick and nets get the Lakers pick.
We get the worse of the Houston Brooklyn Philly pick.... Wherever that lands we can swap that with the worse of the Lakers and NO pick. Us adding a swap doesn't change Philly or Brooklyn's order.