What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

That’s crazy. I’d offer them that swap for a distant protected first rounder or a pick swap. Or all their second rounders. I honestly believe you could deal off Hayward for something else later.
Something I just learned is Charlotte owns the Jazz’s ‘23 2nd rounder. I would really like that one back since it’s basically a late 1st rounder in a supposedly loaded draft.

Flipping Westbrook for Hayward and getting more assets out of it would be wild because if there’s any half-decent veteran that deserves the pain of a tank year it’s Hayward. I also agree he could be rehabbed and flipped pretty easily.

LA has a weird situation. NOLA has the right to take their ‘24 OR ‘25 1st, so they could potentially trade a ‘26 pick, it just wouldn’t be tradable until that situation is figured out.

But your question did spark the realization that LA should be able to swap ‘26 either way, so that sparks another thought.

Jazz/Knicks: Donovan to Knicks
-‘23/‘25/‘27/‘29 super (duper?) swaps
-‘24/‘26/‘28 unprotected
-‘23 Mavs pick
-their worst salary matching players, if they get any youths then they are ammo to LA

Jazz/Lakers: whoever the Lakers want
-‘26/‘27/‘28 super swaps
-‘29 unprotected

Some **** like that. I’m ****ing crazed AF. The basic ideas here are:

-Jazz assuredly secure a pick every draft, even if they convey a pick to OKC and even if the Wolves keep their pick in ‘29
-in every year they have at least one additional unprotected pick from another team, sometimes more
-in all years but one they also get super swaps to juice the value of their picks.
Look... I say this with love... no more caffeine.

I think we end up having a stacked deck but not sure we get this wild.

Look... I say this with love... no more caffeine.

I think we end up having a stacked deck but not sure we get this wild.
Look, we gave up Rudy and currently still have DM under contract. I've been way too invested in wasting my time on Jazz forums. It's been occupying way too much of my daily time posting here since I was 17. Almost the entirety of that time is "hey we're looking toward the future!" and not enough time being contenders. If we're turning the ship around and going back into what I've already spent (wasted?) so much time doing over the years, then we better be getting all teh picks. We're going to squeeze everything. We're having a Hayward reunion and then we're pawning him off for other assets, and then we're pawning off whatever salary dump we got for Hayward for some other dude who we will then use as salary filler to re-acquire Gobert when we're starting the Twin (Eiffel) Towers.

LA has a weird situation. NOLA has the right to take their ‘24 OR ‘25 1st, so they could potentially trade a ‘26 pick, it just wouldn’t be tradable until that situation is figured out.

But your question did spark the realization that LA should be able to swap ‘26 either way, so that sparks another thought.

Jazz/Knicks: Donovan to Knicks
-‘23/‘25/‘27/‘29 super (duper?) swaps
-‘24/‘26/‘28 unprotected
-‘23 Mavs pick
-their worst salary matching players, if they get any youths then they are ammo to LA

Jazz/Lakers: whoever the Lakers want
-‘26/‘27/‘28 super swaps
-‘29 unprotected

Some **** like that. I’m ****ing crazed AF. The basic ideas here are:

-Jazz assuredly secure a pick every draft, even if they convey a pick to OKC and even if the Wolves keep their pick in ‘29
-in every year they have at least one additional unprotected pick from another team, sometimes more
-in all years but one they also get super swaps to juice the value of their picks.

Yeah, I’d have to look at the protections exactly on the years you mentioned but my thinking was AD is a UFA in 2025 (and Lebron will be three years older) so they could very well SUCK in 2025-2026.

I want a Hayward piss jersey.

To piss on? If so, how does that work? Piss on it once and then burn it? I mean, I hope you wouldn’t piss on it, wash it, and then piss on it again, in some fine red cycle. Maybe piss on it, leave it outside and let your dog sniff it and pop a leg there. Could be his go to so Hayward was always getting pissed on.

To piss on? If so, how does that work? Piss on it once and then burn it? I mean, I hope you wouldn’t piss on it, wash it, and then piss on it again, in some fine red cycle. Maybe piss on it, leave it outside and let your dog sniff it and pop a leg there. Could be his go to so Hayward was always getting pissed on.
It’s just a reference to the new jerseys. But sure.

In looking at all the crazy pick swap ideas being thrown around, I actually think there might be one team that is currently in win-now mode that would be worth offering them a quality player and/or salary dump in order to get a pick swap from them in 27’.

New Orleans has their own unprotected pick and the Bucks unprotected pick that year as well.

If the Jazz could swing A.) a trade with the Knicks or Heat for Mitchell and B.) a trade and buyout of Westbrook, they would (theoretically) have first round picks from the Jazz, T-Wolves, Knicks/Heat and Lakers to work with. Get their most favorable for Utah’s least favorable that year.

Malik Beasley has a team option for next year and the Cavs want to keep the possibility of pursuing Lebron open (or at least keep their cap sheet lean and flexible. They also need shooting and a shooting guard.

If the Jazz do the Sexton deal, Malik Beasley is the main piece we’re sending. Calling it now.

Sexton gets between $15 and $20 million per year on a four year deal (but there could be a player or team option in there).

In looking at all the crazy pick swap ideas being thrown around, I actually think there might be one team that is currently in win-now mode that would be worth offering them a quality player and/or salary dump in order to get a pick swap from them in 27’.

New Orleans has their own unprotected pick and the Bucks unprotected pick that year as well.

If the Jazz could swing A.) a trade with the Knicks or Heat for Mitchell and B.) a trade and buyout of Westbrook, they would (theoretically) have first round picks from the Jazz, T-Wolves, Knicks/Heat and Lakers to work with. Get their most favorable for Utah’s least favorable that year.
Interesting.

Interesting.
They were the only team I could find that has multiple clean picks in a future year that are also in win-now mode. Jazz could probably swing something for a 23’ pick swap like that (just like the Nets did with the Jazz.) Except that a lot of teams with multiple picks are also going to be in tank mode and want prospects to develop.

Salary wise, Conley or Bogey matches Graham, Hayes and Temple. Beasley matches up with Graham, Hayes and Temple (buyout).

I'm not sure how current this "rumor" is...

I'm not sure how current this "rumor" is...
Lmao, so basically this idiot thinks the jazz would essentially give up Beverley and Bogey for Matisse Thybulle a 29 first and a couple second rounders in 23, and 24? Wow!!!

Lmao, so basically this idiot thinks the jazz would essentially give up Beverley and Bogey for Matisse Thybulle a 29 first and a couple second rounders in 23, and 24? Wow!!!
And get the Jazz would also get Tobias Harris yes. As we are in wait and see mode on Mitchell, this is about as good of a Jazz rumor as there is.