What's new

Trump abandons Kurdish allies to Turkish invasion

Do people seriously believe that leaving 50 US troops in the contested region would have stopped Turkey from invading? Has anyone once entertained the idea that Erdogen made his intention to invade Syria very clear to Trump, US presence or not?

Yeah, I think leaving the troops there would have stopped Erdogen. What happens to countries that give the US a bloody nose?

@Ellipse

What about tax cuts for the rich, is that conservative? What about using government to enrich a certain class of people, is that conservative? What about deregulation that primarily benefits the worst polluters, is that conservative?

Does Lindsey Graham even know what he believes in anymore?

One thing Romney was right about? Russia was and still is our #1 enemy. He nailed that back in 2012.

And back to the Russians... how much Rachael Maddow do you watch?

And back to the Russians... how much Rachael Maddow do you watch?

Two questions:

#1 Why wouldn’t we circle back to the Russians? They attacked us in 2016 and our foreign policy has been geared towards their advantage ever since. Recognizing that Romney pointed out their danger even back in 2012 deserves recognition. He might’ve been wrong about other things but he nailed this.

#2 I’ve already answered your question in post 142.

Two questions:

#1 Why wouldn’t we circle back to the Russians? They attacked us in 2016 and our foreign policy has been geared towards their advantage ever since. Recognizing that Romney pointed out their danger even back in 2012 deserves recognition. He might’ve been wrong about other things but he nailed this.

#2 I’ve already answered your question in post 142.

Well your narrative sure matches those of MSNBC hosts. Nothing was ever proven about Russian interference in the 2016 election and it’s just getting old.

Well your narrative sure matches those of MSNBC hosts. Nothing was ever proven about Russian interference in the 2016 election and it’s just getting old.
I don't think this is true.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Look, unless the alternative to what's going on is a full on hot war with Turkey, these chuckleheads won't be able to defend it. These clueless takes are borne out of a necessity to go to bat for dear leader, it's just not possible that he could be making a mistake.
Before we can even consider a "full on hot war" with Turkey, we must first decommission our Turkish airbase. That means removing the nuclear weapons stored at the base and our troops. There are reports that Erdogan has already made one attempt to confiscate those nuclear weapons, but our armed troops wouldn't let him.

Maybe Erdogan is a better card player than Trump, but I don't see where the hand Trump was dealt gave him the strength to call Erdogan's bluff, if he was bluffing.

Last edited:

“Nothing was ever proven about Russian interference in the 2016 election.”

And you’re accusing me of parroting political talking points?

I don't think this is true.

It’s not. But I’m really not sure it’s worth refuting. If someone still doesn’t know that Russia attacked us in 2016, it’s because they want to believe that it didn’t happen. They’re rejecting what law enforcement and American intelligence and our allies have proven to be true for years now. People who reject this aren’t going to be persuaded by me.

I dislike Trump more than the next guy, but not for all of the reasons that are being laid out here. And I really don’t think there’s any benefit in antagonizing Russia.
I'm not talking about reasons to like or dislike him or benefits of anything.
Just saying that I'm pretty sure it was proven that Russia ****ed with our election.

Last edited:
I'm talking about reasons to look or dislike him or benefits of anything.
Just saying that I'm pretty sure it was proven that Russia ****ed with our election.

Exactly.

People who don’t know that Russia attacked us in 2016 are willingly deceiving themselves. The same goes for people who don’t know we landed on the moon, don’t know the earth is round, and don’t know that vaccines prevent disease.

No amount of evidence is going to convince people who willfully close their eyes and plug their ears.

I'm talking about reasons to look or dislike him or benefits of anything.

One thing that I’m getting tired of from both trumpers and tulsiers is this attitude that we “better stop antagonizing Russia.”

Um. Excuse me?

Russia imprisons members of the LGBT community, rigs elections, and kills journalists. They’ve worked to antagonize us throughout the Middle East and europe. They invaded an ally (Ukraine). And attacked us in 2016.

Maybe... just maybe... Russia should stop antagonizing us?

I’m getting tired of people making it sound like Putin is wonderful, Russia is misunderstood, and we’re the ones committing human rights abuses. Russia has been the world’s greatest antagonizer since the close of WWII. And no, it’s not comparable. American capitalism and democracy, while imperfect, isn’t near the scale of Soviet atrocities and now Russian crime. So I don’t want to hear people “both sides” this issue. As and as trump is, he’s a wannabe Putin. He hasn’t achieved Putin status yet

One thing that I’m getting tired of from both trumpers and tulsiers is this attitude that we “better stop antagonizing Russia.”

Um. Excuse me?

Russia imprisons members of the LGBT community, rigs elections, and kills journalists. They’ve worked to antagonize us throughout the Middle East and europe. They invaded an ally (Ukraine). And attacked us in 2016.

Maybe... just maybe... Russia should stop antagonizing us?

I’m getting tired of people making it sound like Putin is wonderful, Russia is misunderstood, and we’re the ones committing human rights abuses. Russia has been the world’s greatest antagonizer since the close of WWII. And no, it’s not comparable. American capitalism and democracy, while imperfect, isn’t near the scale of Soviet atrocities and now Russian crime. So I don’t want to hear people “both sides” this issue. As and as trump is, he’s a wannabe Putin. He hasn’t achieved Putin status yet

Yeah let’s put trumpers and tulsiers in the same bag. Let’s get Trump out of office, by any means! -You cry... But hey, not anyone cuts it, let’s make sure it’s someone who maintains the s***ty status quo of keeping that war engine up and running well.

It’s like Ellen Degenerate bragging about getting to hang out with a war criminal (George W Bush) but any time that Tulsi appears on an interview they’re all against her over having met with Assad. It would take a lifetime to unwire that messed up train of thought that you keep regurgitating on a daily basis.

Yeah let’s put trumpers and tulsiers in the same bag. Let’s get Trump out of office, by any means! -You cry... But hey, not anyone cuts it, let’s make sure it’s someone who maintains the s***ty status quo of keeping that war engine up and running well.

It’s like Ellen Degenerate bragging about getting to hang out with a war criminal (George W Bush) but any time that Tulsi appears on an interview they’re all against her over having met with Assad. It would take a lifetime to unwire that messed up train of thought that you keep regurgitating on a daily basis.

Trumpers are Tulsiers are definitely in the same bag when denying or diminishing the Russian attack on our democracy in 2016.

No, comparing Ellen and Bush to denying the Russian attack in 2016 isn’t a valid comparison at all

No, I’m accusing you of supporting a conspiracy theory that only pushes an agenda of perpetual war.

Lol. It’s only a conspiracy theory to those who want it to be one.

It’s as verifiable as Al-Qaeda attacking America on 9-11-01, Japan attacking Pearl Harbor, and vaccines preventing disease.

Trumpers are Tulsiers are definitely in the same bag when denying or diminishing the Russian attack on our democracy in 2016.

No, comparing Ellen and Bush to denying the Russian attack in 2016 isn’t a valid comparison at all

The same kind of attack that Bernie experienced within his own party?

The same kind of attack that Bernie experienced within his own party?

Huh? I’m not following

There’s a small contingent on the left and a larger contingent on the right who live denying the Russian attack on our democracy in 2016. They’re both willfully ignorant. That’s the commonality.