What's new

TWolves at Jazz Thread? Meh...7:30PM MT...whatever...

I thought it was odd too, though honestly Burks deserves more of Foye's minutes now.

Yet Foye will continue to start.

That's a fight that anyone paying attention knows can't and won't be won unless the FO does something. Foye is going to play, and it won't really matter how bad he plays.

That's a fight that anyone paying attention knows can't and won't be won unless the FO does something. Foye is going to play, and it won't really matter how bad he plays.
Trading players only to make coach adjust because he is not able to handle players ego is counter-productive in the long run. It only hurts organization and feeds bad culture. If coach is unable to keep the team under his total control get rid of him and get a new guy.

Trading players only to make coach adjust because he is not able to handle players ego is counter-productive in the long run. It only hurts organization and feeds bad culture. If coach is unable to keep the team under his total control get rid of him and get a new guy.
I don't necessarily disagree. The FO is also in charge of who's coaching and not, though.

not the thread name I would appreciate. I don't like this losing attitude. I don't like tanking. we have the best contributing bench in the league. let's enjoy it.

but it's a game thread anyway so thanks.

nice hustle game by kanter. dude is just on fire when he's fired up.

Carroll's comments bugged me. He's lucky to be in the league right now.
And he's acting like he's a rotation player in this league. It's ok to think that,
but to voice your opinion in the media just makes you look bad.

He's part of the me first thing that is going on in the team right now.
Corbin reacts to it just as he wants to, by being inserted back into the rotation.
Whine to the media get what you want.

And he's acting like he's a rotation player in this league. It's ok to think that,

Corbin reacts to it just as he wants to, by being inserted back into the rotation.

carroll seemed pretty impatient about making his statement that he deserves to be a rotation player at the start of the season and in the media day. he is a good hustle player, so I think he contributes well when needed, but he is not a part of a contender team's rotation, well at least not a sixth man.

carroll seemed pretty impatient about making his statement that he deserves to be a rotation player at the start of the season and in the media day. he is a good hustle player, so I think he contributes well when needed, but he is not a part of a contender team's rotation, well at least not a sixth man.

again you are spot on. Carroll is a nice hustle guy, and has done some good things for us. He doesn't have any consistent go to offensive moves, and isn't a defensive stud or anything.
He makes his plays on hustle on energy. Gets some steals, and can finish well on the break. He by no means has earned the right to demand to be in the rotation.

I love Carroll, he is a good defender and always plays his heart out and I think his hustle is contagious for the other players on the court. Not to mention Carroll is tough, if I recall right, last year he got slammed down on the court hard, had to get one or two teeth removed and still played the next day. He is a good energy guy off of the bench, but if I had to choose between seeing more minutes for Carroll or Burks, I choose Burks every time. Burks has more potential and is better offensively. Carroll is pretty bad when it comes to scoring decent at everything else

I love Carroll, he is a good defender and always plays his heart out and I think his hustle is contagious for the other players on the court. Not to mention Carroll is tough, if I recall right, last year he got slammed down on the court hard, had to get one or two teeth removed and still played the next day. He is a good energy guy off of the bench, but if I had to choose between seeing more minutes for Carroll or Burks, I choose Burks every time. Burks has more potential and is better offensively. Carroll is pretty bad when it comes to scoring decent at everything else

I would give Marvin's minutes to Carroll: Marv is just too invisible way too often. Start Carroll with the other guys we have, espec when Mo comes back, and let him be the D man, energy man. He is consistent at that. I would also tell him that if he shoots more than one jump shot per quarter he is coming out. He cannot shoot but he can hustle.

Favors with 16 minutes tonight. He only has 8 points, 6 rebounds and 3 blocks in that time. Bench him, that is pathetic!

And Hayward with 23 with 17 points. Tyrone is just way too vet-centric. Foye needs to go to the bench and be used more like we used Korver.

This is exactly what's wrong with the players voicing their wants/opinions to the media. Perhaps it is a lot to expect from a 26-yr old to be a pr expert when they are millionaire sports players, but the right pr move is to defer to the team/coach and let your on-court performance do the talking.

If I recall Carroll said the exact same thing when he was first signed by Jazz and playing spot minutes last year. He said it was something Tony Allen taught him. Its just his mantra.

He said something about wanting to be able to be on the court so he could audition for the rest of the teams in the league for a contract next year.

Who does Minnesota take at #2 if they get to redo the pick?

They drafted by need and with PG, PF and C spots secured on that team they had no other real choice. There was no good shooting guards available for them.

I agree; but what do you expect when Corbin names Derrick Favors the starting 4 to start last season and then caves after all of 2 games because Millsap didn't want to come off the bench?

If you're a vet and you're a squeaky wheel, you get more minutes by complaining - it's just how it is on this team.

Lol...

Also remember Harpring saying something like he got the rebound before he missed the shot. I remember thinking what the hell!

For the player who missed 20 games per season in his last 10 seasons Harp sure liked to point to AK's injuries as biggest reason he underachieved with Jazz. Matt, - it is kind of funny, when you are not picture of perfect health himself.

This game kicked ***. Didn't matter who was on the floor, they executed and were exciting to watch. Too bad Kanter racked up fouls so fast. Fun game, would watch again.