What's new

Udunka bout to get some-Today 1:00 PM

Turns out he sprained his ankle. That looked like a leg fracture to me.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I cannot believe there wasn't a fracture. It looked so bad.

Last edited:
Thank goodness! Need Doke learning THIS year. Any update on Hughes?
Hughes has a high ankle sprain and those take a long time to heal up. I doubt we will see either playing for at least a month or six weeks. They can rehab with DedEx.

That’s it? A bad ankle sprain? Why does the opponent bench look away? Why does the opponent run over and cover his foot so he doesn’t look at it. Wow, they are now flopping during injuries? Like a opera. You can’t make this **** up

A severe ankle sprain can still be awful, even career ending depending on the extent of soft tissue damage. I'll hope for the best.
Yup. I think Lonzo had a really bad one last year and it took him like 6-8 months before he was feeling normal. Sometimes a clean break is probably a "better" injury to have, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is a better injury for someone Dok's height and weight.

Yup. I think Lonzo had a really bad one last year and it took him like 6-8 months before he was feeling normal. Sometimes a clean break is probably a "better" injury to have, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is a better injury for someone Dok's height and weight.
Really just depends. I just hope this isn't borchardt or oden 2.0. Dok had a bad knee and hand injury in college. Dude seems to be hurt a lot. Hope his achilles and ligaments are not torn. Looked like a brutal sprain.

Dude that did it was awkward AF. A poor basketball play, a reason I hate playing with idiots, you'd think a g league player would know better.

After recovering from a foot injury and surgery in college I rushed back on the court (Dr. and trainer approved). First game back in summer practice a freshman did a similar thing to me (asst. coach was guarding me but freshman "helped" on d and undercut me coming down from the rim and I sprained my ankle bad after landing on his foot, partly because I was sheltering the tender ball recovering from surgery, which landed on his foot. Set me back months, thankfully no tearing.

Now I just avoid playing inside when I play pickup with people that clearly don't know what the hell they're doing (actually, with Covid I don't play at all unfortunately!)

Hope Dok can recover quickly, bit I doubt it. Looked awful

Glad there’s no break or dislocation. It looked pretty bad. Guess this might be a redshirt year for both Dok and Hughes.

THANK GOODNESS! I was afraid tendons were damaged. A sprain sucks but at least he won't require surgery/long rehab; though of course it's going to take time for this to properly heal - we don't want to see this reaggravated ever again.

THANK GOODNESS! I was afraid tendons were damaged. A sprain sucks but at least he won't require surgery/long rehab; though of course it's going to take time for this to properly heal - we don't want to see this reaggravated ever again.
A severe sprain can include torn ligaments or tendons. We simply don't know the severity.

I had one of these a couple months before leaving on my mission. It was rough. Did lots of PT and then a year of riding bikes... sprained it a couple more times but it was okay. Literally the Dr at the ER said he had good news and bad news... good news it didn't break... bad news is you likely stretched the tendons so far you will wish it had broken.

This is much better news than the compound fracture/dislocation I though it was. Even if he misses a 3 or 4 months of basketball he can get on the court to work on shooting and stand without crutches within a month or two.

I noticed JWF had a couple of nice lines for Erie in the GLeague games. Why did coach and management sour so quickly on him. He had decent stats for the Stars last year.

That’s it? A bad ankle sprain? Why does the opponent bench look away? Why does the opponent run over and cover his foot so he doesn’t look at it. Wow, they are now flopping during injuries? Like a opera. You can’t make this **** up
Probably dislocated so it looked ugly. I have seen a dislocated ankle before and it looks funky for sure. Foot all at the wrong angle and ****.

Probably dislocated so it looked ugly. I have seen a dislocated ankle before and it looks funky for sure. Foot all at the wrong angle and ****.
I noticed Tyler Bey is playing with the Stars tomorrow on loan from the Mavs. He was drafted in the 2nd round a few picks before Hughes.