Udunka bout to get some-Today 1:00 PM

//r00t 4 Jazz

Uhmm did they at least call a foul? I mean the defender had to go through his entire body to get to that back plant/landing leg of Dok. If that was on a 3pt shot that would've been a flagrant and possibly an ejection, I get post play is different and the landing rule was specifically for jump shooters. To me watching how he lands that is a more similar injury to Leonard's against GSW that essentially ended his time with the SAS.

As far as still bickering about the drafting of Dok talk... *sigh*... I totally get having your "guys" you want and sticking by who you liked in the draft and there really isn't much anybody can say or do to change these people's minds so I never really said much because it's pointless and I as well thought Bane or McDaniels would be the pick.

However just for perspective, every draft there are people who will always draft for need and people who say never draft for need, draft BPA and these are usually the more vocal saying draft BPA and worry about it later, talent is talent. If you allow yourself to think and then realize the Jazz clearly thought Dok was BPA, period point blank end of discussion and they had a plan to get a guy they liked almost as much as the wings available in the first round in Elijah Hughes. So just because the Jazz didn't do what you wanted and draft who you wanted, to me it seems there could be some acknowledgement in what I just mentioned about not drafting for need and having a plan and executing that plan (even if you may not agree with it).

If you think back to prior drafts I'm sure we all can remember Jazz making moves to get a guy out of need (PG for example) instead of getting BPA.

homeytennis

I watched a little of the Stars this morning and the announcers didn't provide an update on his injury. The Stars are awful. They shot 31% from the field and 17% from 3. They lost by over 30 to OKC's GLeague team. I think Paul White was the Stars leading scorer and he needed a bunch of shots to attain that honor.

slc

Does Udoka have to fly all way back to SLC to be diagnosed?
Sometimes they need swelling etc to subside to see how bad
Maybe he can't be transported yet

homeytennis

Does Udoka have to fly all way back to SLC to be diagnosed?
Sometimes they need swelling etc to subside to see how bad
Maybe he can't be transported yet
In this day and age of telemedicine, he could have the MRI or other tests in Orlando and have the results in the hands of the Jazz team physicians rather quickly.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
In this day and age of telemedicine, he could have the MRI or other tests in Orlando and have the results in the hands of the Jazz team physicians rather quickly.
Jazz are slow to share such info... since there is no need to in this case I expect it to come out very slow.

campaignist

I paid zero attention to our draft pick this year so I have no idea if Udoka was a bad pick or not. It made sense to me - they not only need backup for Rudy/Faves, but another big body to throw at Jokic/Lebron/AD would help. Man this sucks about the injury though

Jazz4ever

It's a gruesome injury, but as long as no nerve damage should be 100% recovery. Ask Paul George, Randle, Hayward....

Eminence

Oof, brutal. Best wishes to him with his recovery.

If we can get under the luxury line by trading him we absolutely need to do it (presumably with cash+2nd or something).