Udunka bout to get some-Today 1:00 PM

zyzz

Is this prior to the draft this info came out, or one of those after the fact “oh yeah we meant to grab Kuzma instead of TB but the Lakers took him,” or “yeah we were really high on Dort and almost drafted him”?
Before the draft Bane/McDaniels were mentioned. Especially McDaniels. After the draft they said Dok was their very clear target.

idiot

Best wishes out to Dok. Regardless of what this means for the team (and we'll have plenty of chances to discuss this in the future), this is a major tragedy in the kid's life. Hope he can heal and overcome.

homeytennis

I mean his leg melted and he’s a huge dude. A towel over the leg. If I was a betting man I’d bet he isn’t on a basketball court for 6 months on the optimistic end.
I know it looked really, really bad but an ortho friend of mine said that if the ankle was dislocated it can be popped back into place rather easily. The key will be how badly the ligaments around it were stretched or torn. So far they haven't announced what the damage was.

str8line

Contributor
2019 Award Winner
WTF?! Seriously? I can't believe it. Had high hopes that he could turn into something with that athleticism. Brutal blow for the kid.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
From what Tony Jones has said, it seems like it was down to Dok, Bane (starting and leading league in 3pt%), and McDaniels (in Minny's rotation and is showing potential, especially rim protection). But apparently their clear choice was Dok, so we just gotta hope for the best...
That’s fine, but it doesn’t help me much. When you are drafting and considering positional scarcity and knowing that Udoka is going to ride the bench I’m not sure why you wouldn’t set your sight on a higher upside project or a guy that has a chance to crack the rotation within a year.

I don’t think our management is incompetent but how you look at a guy like Bane under a microscope and then decide to draft a limited big instead is kinda mind blowing. Shooting for the moon with Jaden would have been understandable. Then you consider or offseason plans and the $200M you give to Rudy and the 30m you give to Favs... like all that stuff was in the works.

Bane hasn’t really even tapped into his playmaking yet. his shooting and IQ in our system would have been some next level ****.

It’s not just about the player you get it’s the asset you build. If the guy can get on the floor it’s improved his value tremendously... riding the pine they quickly become worthless.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
From what Tony Jones has said, it seems like it was down to Dok, Bane (starting and leading league in 3pt%), and McDaniels (in Minny's rotation and is showing potential, especially rim protection). But apparently their clear choice was Dok, so we just gotta hope for the best...
That’s fine, but it doesn’t help me much. When you are drafting and considering positional scarcity and knowing that Udoka is going to ride the bench I’m not sure why you wouldn’t set your sight on a higher upside project or a guy that has a chance to crack the rotation within a year.

I don’t think our management is incompetent but how you look at a guy like Bane under a microscope and then decide to draft a limited big instead is kinda mind blowing. Shooting for the moon with Jaden would have been understandable. Then you consider or offseason plans and the $200M you give to Rudy and the 30m you give to Favs... like all that stuff was in the works.

Bane hasn’t really even tapped into his playmaking yet. his shooting and IQ in our system would have been some next level ****.

It’s not just about the player you get it’s the asset you build. If the guy can get on the floor it’s improved his value tremendously... riding the pine they quickly become worthless.

Jazzmix

Poor kid. I read that he had already injured that same ankle in 2018, don't know how serious it was and if it may effect the recovery process now.

Laramie

You hate to see an aspiring young man open the season with an injury. Wish him the best of luck in recovery and possible rehab.