What's new

Udunka bout to get some-Today 1:00 PM

I mean his leg melted and he’s a huge dude. A towel over the leg. If I was a betting man I’d bet he isn’t on a basketball court for 6 months on the optimistic end.
I know it looked really, really bad but an ortho friend of mine said that if the ankle was dislocated it can be popped back into place rather easily. The key will be how badly the ligaments around it were stretched or torn. So far they haven't announced what the damage was.

WTF?! Seriously? I can't believe it. Had high hopes that he could turn into something with that athleticism. Brutal blow for the kid.

From what Tony Jones has said, it seems like it was down to Dok, Bane (starting and leading league in 3pt%), and McDaniels (in Minny's rotation and is showing potential, especially rim protection). But apparently their clear choice was Dok, so we just gotta hope for the best...
That’s fine, but it doesn’t help me much. When you are drafting and considering positional scarcity and knowing that Udoka is going to ride the bench I’m not sure why you wouldn’t set your sight on a higher upside project or a guy that has a chance to crack the rotation within a year.

I don’t think our management is incompetent but how you look at a guy like Bane under a microscope and then decide to draft a limited big instead is kinda mind blowing. Shooting for the moon with Jaden would have been understandable. Then you consider or offseason plans and the $200M you give to Rudy and the 30m you give to Favs... like all that stuff was in the works.

Bane hasn’t really even tapped into his playmaking yet. his shooting and IQ in our system would have been some next level ****.

It’s not just about the player you get it’s the asset you build. If the guy can get on the floor it’s improved his value tremendously... riding the pine they quickly become worthless.

From what Tony Jones has said, it seems like it was down to Dok, Bane (starting and leading league in 3pt%), and McDaniels (in Minny's rotation and is showing potential, especially rim protection). But apparently their clear choice was Dok, so we just gotta hope for the best...
That’s fine, but it doesn’t help me much. When you are drafting and considering positional scarcity and knowing that Udoka is going to ride the bench I’m not sure why you wouldn’t set your sight on a higher upside project or a guy that has a chance to crack the rotation within a year.

I don’t think our management is incompetent but how you look at a guy like Bane under a microscope and then decide to draft a limited big instead is kinda mind blowing. Shooting for the moon with Jaden would have been understandable. Then you consider or offseason plans and the $200M you give to Rudy and the 30m you give to Favs... like all that stuff was in the works.

Bane hasn’t really even tapped into his playmaking yet. his shooting and IQ in our system would have been some next level ****.

It’s not just about the player you get it’s the asset you build. If the guy can get on the floor it’s improved his value tremendously... riding the pine they quickly become worthless.

Poor kid. I read that he had already injured that same ankle in 2018, don't know how serious it was and if it may effect the recovery process now.

You hate to see an aspiring young man open the season with an injury. Wish him the best of luck in recovery and possible rehab.

Uhmm did they at least call a foul? I mean the defender had to go through his entire body to get to that back plant/landing leg of Dok. If that was on a 3pt shot that would've been a flagrant and possibly an ejection, I get post play is different and the landing rule was specifically for jump shooters. To me watching how he lands that is a more similar injury to Leonard's against GSW that essentially ended his time with the SAS.

As far as still bickering about the drafting of Dok talk... *sigh*... I totally get having your "guys" you want and sticking by who you liked in the draft and there really isn't much anybody can say or do to change these people's minds so I never really said much because it's pointless and I as well thought Bane or McDaniels would be the pick.

However just for perspective, every draft there are people who will always draft for need and people who say never draft for need, draft BPA and these are usually the more vocal saying draft BPA and worry about it later, talent is talent. If you allow yourself to think and then realize the Jazz clearly thought Dok was BPA, period point blank end of discussion and they had a plan to get a guy they liked almost as much as the wings available in the first round in Elijah Hughes. So just because the Jazz didn't do what you wanted and draft who you wanted, to me it seems there could be some acknowledgement in what I just mentioned about not drafting for need and having a plan and executing that plan (even if you may not agree with it).

If you think back to prior drafts I'm sure we all can remember Jazz making moves to get a guy out of need (PG for example) instead of getting BPA.

I watched a little of the Stars this morning and the announcers didn't provide an update on his injury. The Stars are awful. They shot 31% from the field and 17% from 3. They lost by over 30 to OKC's GLeague team. I think Paul White was the Stars leading scorer and he needed a bunch of shots to attain that honor.

Does Udoka have to fly all way back to SLC to be diagnosed?
Sometimes they need swelling etc to subside to see how bad
Maybe he can't be transported yet

Does Udoka have to fly all way back to SLC to be diagnosed?
Sometimes they need swelling etc to subside to see how bad
Maybe he can't be transported yet
In this day and age of telemedicine, he could have the MRI or other tests in Orlando and have the results in the hands of the Jazz team physicians rather quickly.

In this day and age of telemedicine, he could have the MRI or other tests in Orlando and have the results in the hands of the Jazz team physicians rather quickly.
Jazz are slow to share such info... since there is no need to in this case I expect it to come out very slow.

I paid zero attention to our draft pick this year so I have no idea if Udoka was a bad pick or not. It made sense to me - they not only need backup for Rudy/Faves, but another big body to throw at Jokic/Lebron/AD would help. Man this sucks about the injury though

It's a gruesome injury, but as long as no nerve damage should be 100% recovery. Ask Paul George, Randle, Hayward....

Oof, brutal. Best wishes to him with his recovery.

If we can get under the luxury line by trading him we absolutely need to do it (presumably with cash+2nd or something).