What's new

Udunka bout to get some-Today 1:00 PM

I still think we could have gotten McDaniels. Plus, still gotten both Dok. They over bought on Dok. It could have been because Rudy's contract was still in question.

Sent from my SM-N986U using JazzFanz mobile app
I'm fine with it as long as they don't make the same Tony Bradley mistake and pick up the last two years of his contract then end up having to give up more picks to save money. As things stand, I don't see any real minutes for Udoka on this Jazz team that has two or more centers playing ahead of him in the depth chart unless we go into a full rebuild in the next three seasons which is highly unlikely. He may still find a way to succeed somewhere, just not with the Jazz.

Last edited:
It’s gonna be tight when the Jazz hold onto Udoka too long while attaching 2nd rounders from 2030 and 2031 to dump Favors’ contract in order to keep Conley.

It’s gonna be tight when the Jazz hold onto Udoka too long while attaching 2nd rounders from 2030 and 2031 to dump Favors’ contract in order to keep Conley.
I don’t think we have second rounders in 2030 and 2031. Pretty sure we traded them.

I don’t think we have second rounders in 2030 and 2031. Pretty sure we traded them.
we do. DL gave up all of our tradeable second rounders for the next seven seasons. but starting 2028 we'll have picks available for trade again.

we do. DL gave up all of our tradeable second rounders for the next seven seasons. but starting 2028 we'll have picks available for trade again.
Seven seasons? I could have sworn it was seventy times seven.

Sometimes you swing and miss and that's what the Jazz did this year in the draft. They would have been better off just keeping the first round pick and drafting a Bane or McDaniels. Both Dok and Hughes look like they won't play the rest of the year.
Sometimes? The jazz have been horrible in the draft. Burks, Burke, hayward, Bradley, Exum, Allen, I mean the list just goes on and on and on.

Seven seasons? I could have sworn it was seventy times seven.
2021 second round draft pick to Indiana
Utah's 2021 2nd round pick to Indiana [Indiana-Utah, 6/21/2019]

2022 second round draft pick to New Orleans
Utah's 2022 2nd round pick to New Orleans [New Orleans-Utah, 11/19/2020]

2023 second round draft pick to New York
Utah's 2023 2nd round pick to New York [New York-Utah, 11/22/2020]

2024 second round draft pick to New York or Indiana
New York will receive the more favorable of Utah's 2024 2nd round pick and Cleveland's 2024 2nd round pick and Indiana will receive the less favorable of the two (via Utah's right to swap for Cleveland) [Cleveland-Sacramento-Utah, 2/8/2018; New York-Utah, 11/22/2020; Brooklyn-Cleveland-Houston-Indiana, 1/16/2021]

If Utah has not conveyed a 1st round pick to Memphis by 2024, then Utah will instead convey its 2025 2nd round pick and 2026 2nd round pick to Memphis [Memphis-Utah, 7/6/2019]

2027 second round draft pick to Cleveland
Utah's 2027 2nd round pick to Cleveland [Cleveland-Utah, 11/27/2020]

Today it was the GLeague matchup of JWF and Rayjohn Tucker. JWF's team won and Tucker won the stat battle 18 to 11 points. Both players started.

The current Stars team doesn't seem to have much in the way of quality prospects for the Jazz. I had some hopes for Trevon Scott, but he's been iffy. Not sure when Elijah Hughes is going to show up, but he's our best shot at having a rotational player come from the Stars. In other news, Tyler Bey has looked pretty good. Not a shooter, but plays hard, defends and rebounds well for a wing.

The current Stars team doesn't seem to have much in the way of quality prospects for the Jazz. I had some hopes for Trevon Scott, but he's been iffy. Not sure when Elijah Hughes is going to show up, but he's our best shot at having a rotational player come from the Stars. In other news, Tyler Bey has looked pretty good. Not a shooter, but plays hard, defends and rebounds well for a wing.
Yogi might be a piece for us and that's it. Bey belongs to the Mavs. The two Trevons have been disappointing.

This was a complete wiff on our part. Both Bane or McDaniels would be contributing or starting in the event of injury right now on the best team in the west.
I remember explaining this to you on draft night and you were dead *** serious that Udoka was gonna be our backup 5 this year. I tried to tell ya... any moron can point out mistakes with hindsight but true genius calls they shot as things are happening.

But please go on about how you can’t believe they didn’t see it.

I can’t wait to hear the reports about how we were really high on Bane and others that become good... just like the report that we really like Dort... I mean not enough to take him with one of the three second rounders we bought... but we had that prospect nailed!

I remember explaining this to you on draft night and you were dead *** serious that Udoka was gonna be our backup 5 this year. I tried to tell ya... any moron can point out mistakes with hindsight but true genius calls they shot as things are happening.

But please go on about how you can’t believe they didn’t see it.
you know what, the way Favs been playing lately, Udo might actually...nvm more morgan please

Elijah Hughes siting today. He got 20 points in 21 minutes in a rare victory for the Stars over Austin. The Stars were led by Mavs players Tyler Bey and Josh Green. Trevon Bluiett, Malcom Miller and Yogi were in double figures for the Stars.

Last edited: