What's new

Utah`s options this summer

Our options are slim as of now, but I think we should heavily scout all of the SL tournaments and sign a few of the better players (not draft picks obviously) for cheap. There are always a few guys that break through this shine in SL and we should take advantage of this and snatch them up.

Depending on what happens tonight, I would not be surprised if the following happens: Willie Reed is signed. Naz and Cavanaugh get promoted. The 2nd round pick sticks and the battle is on for the two ways. Basically these guys would be cheap, Jensen really likes Reed and he is a warhorse, I don't think Naz and Cavanaugh are long term players but they would promote team chemistry. Cavanaugh for all his warts had something like the sixth best three point percentage in the GLeague last year. Perhaps a Stanton Kidd or someone like that sneaks in.

Naz and Cavanaugh are not NBA players.

The Jazz have already spent 2 years and a few million developing Bradley - it's sink or swim time for him.

Unless they dump Favors or find a buyer for Exum, The Jazz are going to have to get very creative to fill out their roster.

Last edited:
I can pretty much guarantee that the jazz could find a better guard for exums salary.

Exum has been literally one of the worst players in the NBA in his career. And that's when he is even healthy

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Agreed - the love affair for Dante Exum exists only with a few people in Utah. And that number is dwindling.

He's trade filler at best right now.

Two players I don't want on the Jazz team at the same time is Kevin Love and Dante 'Glass man' Exum. Both are bonafide injury prones. Those two could probably become bff since they'll be spending a lot of time of the bench together if it happened. We will not be better with Kevin Love!

Agreed - the love affair for Dante Exum exists only with a few people in Utah. And that number is dwindling.

His trade value is at an all-time low right now. The Jazz may as well see what he can do and how long he'll stay healthy this upcoming season.

Unfortunately, the problem is with where all that support is concentrated. Right now there's high representation of those few amongst the most powerful.

Jeremy Lamb would be a good get.

There we go... start Royce at the 4... pay Lamb like 14M a year and bring him off the bench. Sign a backup center and more traditional 4 for when Royce ain't a good matchup.

I just think... if we can't trade Favs on his unguaranteed deal that waiving him and going a different direction could be so much better and there are a lot of ways to get there.

Sato would be the ideal addition. He can guard 1 to 3, shoot and create on pick n roll. Jack of all trades master of none but it won't matter. It's like getting a 3 in 1 package for your depth chart. Only if we can somehow acquire him at MLE...

I like Ross and lamb. I Ross more. Are they both free agents? Restricted?
Who would cost more?

I like Ross and lamb. I Ross more. Are they both free agents? Restricted?
Who would cost more?

They're both unrestricted. Not sure what they'd cost, but that's the prototype of what the Jazz should be looking for--long, athletic wings who can knock down 3s, attack close-outs and score in isolation. Playing off Mitchell, Conley and Ingles, those guys would have space to make highlight plays.

We want someone who can go for 20 points on any given night.

They're both unrestricted. Not sure what they'd cost, but that's the prototype of what the Jazz should be looking for--long, athletic wings who can knock down 3s, attack close-outs and score in isolation. Playing off off Mitchell, Conley and Ingles, those guys would have space to make highlight plays.

Agreed

Exum has been literally one of the worst players in the NBA in his career. And that's when he is even healthy
Then you must think Snyder and DL must be the dumbest coach and GM in basketball for trusting Exum because that's exactly what they gave Exum before he got hurt and said he had earned his playing time .

They're both unrestricted. Not sure what they'd cost, but that's the prototype of what the Jazz should be looking for--long, athletic wings who can knock down 3s, attack close-outs and score in isolation. Playing off Mitchell, Conley and Ingles, those guys would have space to make highlight plays.

Both are kind of space cadets... also both probably get 10-15M... both make me nervous. I prefer Lamb... Ross' defense is *** from what I hear.