What's new

Utah`s options this summer

Michael Porter coming back healthy is like getting the 1st pick in the draft ,Denver is going to be a big favorite next season to win the West.

Jazz should continue to be “big game hunters” this offseason. They already landed Mike Conley and should absolutely try to use Exum and Favors to land one more big piece. This is the time to do it. Go all in and chase a title right now.

$26.5 million salary can go a long way for the right deal. Somebody’s going to either have buyer’s remorse after free agency or need to clear out $20 million in cap space for next year’s offseason.

No matter who the Jazz can sign with space, cutting Favors would be a step back to start the season.

Royce is a bonafide wing defender. You take away his strengths by starting him at 4. Spot minutes are ok, but he's not PJ Tucker. He's a wing.

So when we play Houston he can't guard Harden still? Or he can't start on Tucker and then when they try and run pick and pop he can't switch. Having a bonafide wing defender at the 4 is ideal if they can hold up against the bigger guys... Aldridge in SA would give him trouble... Maybe Millsap... outside of that I don't see a huge issue in the western conference.

It also helps his offense imo… now a might be assigned to him and harder for them to collapse and also close out to his jumper... will be easier for him to drive past as well. I'm 1000% in on Royce at the 4 if we fill in the roster with a couple other perimeter guys.

I think we'd have enough space to get Lamb... I think I'd rather have Lamb on a 4/50-60M deal than Favs on a one year 17.6M deal... I think we could still fill in the roster. Bring Lamb off the bench but he will play closer to starter minutes. Not sure he would close with DM, Conley, Ingles, Gobert, but it might be able to work... he's a good rebounder. I think it'd cause issues for opposing defenses.

I'm really intrigued.

Jazz should continue to be “big game hunters” this offseason. They already landed Mike Conley and should absolutely try to use Exum and Favors to land one more big piece. This is the time to do it. Go all in and chase a title right now.

$26.5 million salary can go a long way for the right deal. Somebody’s going to either have buyer’s remorse after free agency or need to clear out $20 million in cap space for next year’s offseason.

No matter who the Jazz can sign with space, cutting Favors would be a step back to start the season.
Hard to do when our FO appears to view Favors and Exum themselves as being big game.

Hard to do when our FO appears to view Favors and Exum themselves as being big game.
I don’t disagree, but I’m hoping that Toronto’s success this year will make them at least consider making that next move.

Conley will help immensely, and I’m still a fan of the Favors/Gobert pairing. With that said. . . I’d trade Favors and Exum in a heartbeat if there was an opportunity to get a guy who can contribute in the playoffs more than those two can.

With DL going big and trading for Conley common sense says he's going to try and get us more upgrades.

Good post, homey. Reed has NBA experience. Will he be healthy by Oct? Is Haas a possibility?
Naz could take Neto's spot.
Cousins shot pretty well for Salt Lake. He could be in the mix.
I forgot about Cousins. I think Neto will stay because he and Rudy are buds and when healthy he's decent. I think Haas could be a sleeper. I saw some Stars games on Facebook where his height just disrupted everything and the Stars won big. But Cousins was a 2nd round draft pick so another organization thought he could play a little. Also Jairus Lyles should be in the mix too.

So when we play Houston he can't guard Harden still? Or he can't start on Tucker and then when they try and run pick and pop he can't switch. Having a bonafide wing defender at the 4 is ideal if they can hold up against the bigger guys... Aldridge in SA would give him trouble... Maybe Millsap... outside of that I don't see a huge issue in the western conference.

It also helps his offense imo… now a might be assigned to him and harder for them to collapse and also close out to his jumper... will be easier for him to drive past as well. I'm 1000% in on Royce at the 4 if we fill in the roster with a couple other perimeter guys.

Like I said, situationally he can for spot minutes. Depends what the other team puts out there. I would not want to rely on him as a starter there for the whole year, I know that.

Sato would be the ideal addition. He can guard 1 to 3, shoot and create on pick n roll. Jack of all trades master of none but it won't matter. It's like getting a 3 in 1 package for your depth chart. Only if we can somehow acquire him at MLE...
****ing lol

Royce is a bonafide wing defender. You take away his strengths by starting him at 4. Spot minutes are ok, but he's not PJ Tucker. He's a wing.
playing good D as a 4, in today's game, starts with your perimeter D skills. After that, you need to be able to bang a little in the paint. Royce can do all of these things.... AND, we may need him to do it (regardless of whether or not it's his "best" position).

Jazz gonna make a FA move...

My guess is, they were trying to be aggressive in the 2nd round because they're planning on creating a lot of space for someone and they need cheap players to take up roster spots.

Harris probably wouldnt come for 26 million a year, but Tony Jones said today on his Athletic chat that he thinks the Jazz had become his preferred destination.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jazz gonna make a FA move...

My guess is, they were trying to be aggressive in the 2nd round because they're planning on creating a lot of space for someone and they need cheap players to take up roster spots.

Harris probably wouldnt come for 26 million a year, but Tony Jones said today on his Athletic chat that he thinks the Jazz had become his preferred destination.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It could be a FA move, but we’re going to have a lot of roster spots available anyway just based on the number of players included in/jettisoned to do the Conley deal.