What's new

Utah Trade Deadline Discussion

Alright, let's talk about Biyombo.

You'd be paying $17 million annually for strictly a backup to Gobert. ******. However, I think he'd be a pretty good backup and decent insurance in situations where Gobert goes down with injury. If you land on a PF/C that is better, you either are just sitting on Biyombo or not playing whoever that player is.

But lineups with Biyombo at the 5 you can switch everything. Still a very good rebounder and shot blocker. Competent free throw shooter, doesn't attempt field goals that aren't worth attempting.

It's a ****ing steep price, but I'd seriously consider it if the Jazz keep their finances in order otherwise (which would mean Hood, Favors, and maybe Exum are gone). And yeah, I want Fournier too.

I think Udoh is better than him and it isn't close... let's say they are even on defense even though Udoh is better. Bismack effs up the offense so bad... can't catch the ball and is not a high BBall IQ guy. Udoh is a good passer, great screener, and knows where to be. His Offensive Rating is amazing for a guy that really can't score.

Basically Biyombo adds nothing. I can't see us eating that albatross.

On Stanley Johnson.... Another drawback in my mind is I worry that he'd get more PT than Royce and I think Royce will be better than him. I'd hate for Stanley to get that time just because we traded for him.

Hood's value is tough to peg, but I can't see Hood and our second not getting us a lotto protected FRP... I'd rather get that return.

Biyambo is a douche who played hard for one playoff series, got paid and has bludged since.
The next Ostertag?
On Stanley Johnson.... Another drawback in my mind is I worry that he'd get more PT than Royce and I think Royce will be better than him. I'd hate for Stanley to get that time just because we traded for him.

Hood's value is tough to peg, but I can't see Hood and our second not getting us a lotto protected FRP... I'd rather get that return.
Could JJ play the 4?

Alright, let's talk about Biyombo.

You'd be paying $17 million annually for strictly a backup to Gobert. ******. However, I think he'd be a pretty good backup and decent insurance in situations where Gobert goes down with injury.

You realize that he's the lowest ranked of all centers this year in RPM, and has terrible on-off numbers as well?

I think Udoh is better than him and it isn't close... let's say they are even on defense even though Udoh is better. Bismack effs up the offense so bad... can't catch the ball and is not a high BBall IQ guy. Udoh is a good passer, great screener, and knows where to be. His Offensive Rating is amazing for a guy that really can't score.

Basically Biyombo adds nothing. I can't see us eating that albatross.
I think Udoh is better also.

I bet Orlando's GM keeps bugging DL about trading the Alcoholic Electrician to them. We know they wanted to sign him for more money despite the later denial.

I think Udoh has a bigger impact than Favors, despite Favors often being very good for us. Getting Udoh more minutes makes us better. Could have gotten two birds with one stone by sending Favors out for a floor stretcher but whatever.

DL made his usual trade comments on the radio just a bit ago. They arent going to make a trade if one isnt there. The trade has to be the right fit blah blah blah and sometimes there just isnt a deal.

He did also say that they have not been close to making a deal yet.

He emphasized that players they go after dont need to be a certain age and there are more factors than that. He used Sef as an example of a player that they felt fit in, aged well, and had a lot to offer on the court but even more off the court with the players. He talked again about how one reason JJ came here is because of Gobert and how unique and special a player he is.

They really like this draft and their pick. He more or less said it would have to be a really good deal to trade this pick.

He reiterated that they think they are a good FA destination because they do things different and better than other teams. They have better relationships with agents than other teams and some other stuff.

What I got out of it is that we could still make a trade but that trade is not known yet if there is one. They are happy to stand pat this year and dont feel rushed to make a trade. They think they can pick up someone good in free agency this year or next and are happy with that option.