What's new

Utah vs. Boise in Las Vegas Bowl

His tweets are proof of what happened, lol. The dude was committed to Utah (as it says in his tweets). Utah pulled their offer, as it also says in his tweets.

There are other tweets too, like the picture he tweeted of him and Whitt throwing up the "U" together.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk.

I just set up my first 'twitter' account and 'tweeted' the following: "SaltyDawg is a moron hack of epic proportions. I know for a fact that he makes out with his phone and keeps it securely 'tucked between two pillows' when he sleeps at night."

Just to quote you and your logic:

His tweets are proof of what happened, lol.

Yes, laughing out loud.

I just set up my first 'twitter' account and 'tweeted' the following: "SaltyDawg is a moron hack of epic proportions. I know for a fact that he makes out with his phone and keeps it securely 'tucked between two pillows' when he sleeps at night."

Just to quote you and your logic:

Yes, laughing out loud.
I know you just admitted to being a dumb ***, but do I really need to point out that you tweeting about me is totally different than this kid tweeting that Utah pulled his offer?

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk.

i just set up my first 'twitter' account and 'tweeted' the following: "saltydawg is a moron hack of epic proportions. I know for a fact that he makes out with his phone and keeps it securely 'tucked between two pillows' when he sleeps at night."

just to quote you and your logic:

Yes, laughing out loud.
lol!

Damn. All I did was quote an blurb from an SLtrib article about Langi and I'm included in Conan's rant about trying to "spin" this and it makes me a "liar". Hell, I didn't even post an opinion on it.

For the record, let's clear up all of the Langi crap. I don't think Salty is totally wrong about BYU yanking the offer once they knew they had no chance. BOTH SCHOOLS have been known to do that since it's bad for recruiting business to lose a player to your hated in-state rival. In fact, a few years ago Bronco made the idiotic statement that BYU's recruiting goal is to NEVER lose a recruit to Utah. That's just an absurd claim that you can never live up to. Let's be 100% intellectually honest here: Langi does come with a little baggage but that has never stopped BYU before when they felt they had the inside track on a kid. I believe it was just 2 years ago BYU got a commit from a 4 star LB out of Nevada (his name escapes me at the moment). I think shortly after giving a verbal, the kid was busted for underage drinking or something similar. BYU was by far and away his first choice, so instead of pulling his offer, Bronco gave him the option of staying with BYU but sitting out his first year and spending that time proving that he was up to the standards of the program. The kid elected to stay.

Bronco painted himself into a corner when he said he "never" wants to lose a player to Utah. While I do honestly believe that BYU was concerned about Langi's problems away from the field, I also honestly believe that if they were the frontrunner for him they would have found a way to make it work. Instead, BYU knew they'd be in a dogfight with Utah and USC for the kid so they decided it wasn't worth it and pulled his offer. However, I know that BYU was still interested in Langi during the time of the 5A championship game (at least that's what they were reporting during the telecast of that game) and that was just 2 months ago so it's not as if BYU's interested had ended a long time ago.

Fans of both schools are so over-sensitve when it comes to this. In Langi's case, some BYU fans would like to act as if the school never really wanted him, and so he fell into Utah's lap. I can say for a fact as a Ute fan I've seen BYU swoop in and get some players that I would have loved to see at the U. Guess what? It happens. Get over it, quit bitching, and stop with your lame-*** rants.

I love it how JM12 can't just leave it alone.

Must.... Post.... AAAARGH!!!
Not only that but he posts these big long diatribes. Hilarious! And I like when he gets owned on his homerism that he comes back with "well both sides get a little crazy from time to time".

There are other tweets too, like the picture he tweeted of him and Whitt throwing up the "U" together.

Your post gave me this epiphany.... most people, when they "throw up", throw up in the "U".
I don't know if there is some symbolism there, but it is interesting.

By the way, what does "throwing up the U" even mean?

Your post gave me this epiphany.... most people, when they "throw up", throw up in the "U".
I don't know if there is some symbolism there, but it is interesting.

By the way, what does "throwing up the U" even mean?

It's the equivalent to, "Eating at the Y", except it's two dudes -- Utah style.

Don't get me wrong, Langi is a great talent. And it's fun to have a wow guy like that on the roster. But he is a first-class punk. I can tell you this from personal experience and from other coaches in the high school and college ranks. Geez, Peck is glad he is gone that should tell you enough. The kid is a punk on and off the field.

There was a time when BYU wanted Langi (despite what some morons are spouting I've never said otherwise) and maybe a time when they thought they could "make things work" (Langi's problems are a surprise to no one anyway). But they have plenty of decent young RBs and so can afford to let questionable characters go. Not to mention I question whether Langi would ever see a snap for them anyway given the honor code. So why waste a scholarship on a guy you really don't need who will more then likely dishonor the program anyway? I mean if Unga couldn't stay clean there's no way Langi would've. Maybe it's something with guys named Harvey.

But that's just conjecture and guessing to go along with observations of Langi and conversations within the coaching ranks. Not exactly the truth but definitely more than some of the BS you haters throw against the wall.

As I've said from the start we'll just go with the facts I guess which are that BYU dropped Langi. Haters get your spin on!

Maybe Whit and company look past that kind of stuff but I doubt it. More than likely Utah just doesn't have many options and also believe they can straighten Langi out. It's not like he'd be the first bad apple to turn it around in college.

I hope it works out I just doubt it will.

Don't get me wrong, Langi is a great talent. And it's fun to have a wow guy like that on the roster. But he is a first-class punk. I can tell you this from personal experience and from other coaches in the high school and college ranks. Geez, Peck is glad he is gone that should tell you enough. The kid is a punk on and off the field.

There was a time when they wanted Langi (despite what some morons are spouting I've never said otherwise) and maybe a time when they thought they could "make things work" (Langi's problems are a surprise to no one anyway). But they have plenty of decent young RBs and so can afford to let questionable characters go. Not to mention I question whether Langi would ever see a snap for them anyway given the honor code. So why waste a scholarship on a guy you really don't need who will more then likely dishonor the program anyway? I mean if Unga couldn't stay clean there's no way Langi would've. Maybe it's something with guys named Harvey.

But that's just conjecture and guessing to go along with observations of Langi and conversations within the coaching ranks. Not exactly the truth but definitely more than some of the BS you haters throw against the wall.

As I've said from the start we'll just go with the facts I guess which are that BYU dropped Langi. Haters get your spin on!

Perhaps your anger would be better used if you aimed it towards the local media outlets who reported BYU had offered Langi. As I said before, all I posted in regards to BYU wanting Langi was a blurb from the SLtrib and mention that media types were still reporting BYU's supposed interest in Langi at the time of the 5A championship game which wasn't all that long ago. Is the media the misinformed ones? Quite possibly. They've certainly dropped the ball before.

And for the record, you're above post as to why BYU wouldn't want Langi actually makes a lot of sense. If you could make posts like that more often, maybe you'd start to change your image considering you always seem to come across as an intolerable douche-bag.

Just sayin.

Perhaps your anger would be better used if you aimed it towards the local media outlets who reported BYU had offered Langi. As I said before, all I posted in regards to BYU wanting Langi was a blurb from the SLtrib and mention that media types were still reporting BYU's supposed interest in Langi at the time of the 5A championship game which wasn't all that long ago. Is the media the misinformed ones? Quite possibly. They've certainly dropped the ball before.
Huh? Why would I be mad at the media? What was posted that contradicts anything I said?

Last edited:
Huh? Why would I be mad at the media? What was posted that contradicts anything I said?

The post in which I quoted the SLTrib stating that Langi had an offer from BYU is the post that started you off on your "liars and spin" tantrum. For the record, I just quoted the SLTrib and didn't give any opinion on it. If you felt that was my way of spinning the argument, perhaps you should look again. The SLTrib certainly made it sound like BYU was still in play and didn't give further info that BYU was interested at one time but had pulled the offer.

And for the record, I also think BYU pulled the offer- I've never disputed that with you. I think we just differ on when and why the offer was pulled. As I said before, your last post on the topic makes a lot of sense as to why BYU pulled the offer. I just happen to think it was also a strategic move made by BYU. Bronco painted himself into a corner when he claimed he should never lose a recruiting battle to Utah. Langi was a guy BYU wasn't 100% sure they could land. Couple that with the facts that RB isn't a huge position of need right now and his questionable behavior and you have the perfect storm for BYU to get out of the running and save a little face when it came to possibly losing a in-state recruit to their hated in-state rival.

And for Ute fans, I think you can point to the Langi commit as one of the first honest-to-goodness signs that Utah's recruiting is only getting better now that they're Pac12. Had Utah still been a MWC school, I have a hard time believing that USC or Stanford wouldn't have landed him.

The SLTrib certainly made it sound like BYU was still in play and didn't give further info that BYU was interested at one time but had pulled the offer.
As usual with you and Salty, this is pure speculation on your part based on assumption (surprise surprise). You are twisting a fact into non-facts in an effort to smear me, BYU recruiting, and Bronco Mendenhall and probably anything else related (more surprises). Guess you got a lot on your plate but sorry I'm just talking about Langi here.

"Oh no! BYU dropped a kid that eventually signed with Utah! What a stain on my beloved school! I must find some way to make Utah look good here and at the same time make BYU look bad! Damn the facts!"

Wash, rinse, and repeat. We get it, Dude.

As usual with you and Salty, this is pure speculation on your part based on assumption (surprise surprise). You are twisting a fact into non-facts in an effort to smear me, BYU recruiting, and Bronco Mendenhall and probably anything else related (more surprises). Guess you got a lot on your plate but sorry I'm just talking about Langi here.

"Oh no! BYU dropped a kid that eventually signed with Utah! What a stain on my beloved school! I must find some way to make Utah look good here and at the same time make BYU look bad! Damn the facts!"

Wash, rinse, and repeat. We get it, Dude.
Utah signs the top in state recruit and you think we have to "find some way to make Utah look good here" or spin it in some way? And you yourself admitted that BYU was interested (and every media outlet also reported it, but we didn't need to read it as BYU would obviously be interested in the top in state recruit) so what is there to spin?

lol, I know you've been told this before, but you have issues.

Langi had multiple problems with Marijuana in high school.

That's why BYU didn't recruit him. That's also probably why he didn't consider BYU, Honor Code issues.

So this is a complete non-issue. Anyone trying to make this one is a complete and utter dumbass. Which is exactly why I'm not surprised Salty is spouting off about it. Anyone with problems with weed isn't going to last long at BYU.

Besides, BYU has plenty of RBs already. They need to recruit safeties, DBs, and receivers in the worst way.