What's new

WCSF Game 5: Win one for the Ricker! -- Jazz in Houston 5/8/2018 6:00 pm MST

Our big thing moving forward is probably finding a nice shooting 4 who we can pair up with Rudy, because I’m realizing that it isn’t Favors. Derrick was crucial against OKC, but he was relegated to backup duties vs Houston.

So I’ve been thinking a lot about who the other scorer could be and DeRozan comes to mind, especially because of the benching thing.

Mitchell would be the number one option/closer, but DeRozan would relieve the pressure a bit.

Who else would be a good second scorer?
Derozan is locked up until 2021 with Toronto and he kind of chokes come playoff time. Kawhi Leonard would be a good second scorer, but that's not realistic.

One other thing—

A massive l o l @ Rodney Hood, who’s being outplayed by both Alec Burks and Royce O’Neale in this postseason

Our big thing moving forward is probably finding a nice shooting 4 who we can pair up with Rudy, because I’m realizing that it isn’t Favors. Derrick was crucial against OKC, but he was relegated to backup duties vs Houston.
Rudy should have been relegated to back up duties for this series.

Really great season, shame the next one is so far away, can't wait to see what we do next year.

I hope JazzAvenues still does a thread cuz I wanna see Clutchfans losing it when Donovan hung 22 on em in the 3rd

Rudy should have been relegated to back up duties for this series.

Rudy was really good today... CP made a **** ton of shots and the refs bailed them out a ton.

If people can’t see how good Rudy was tonight then they are straight dumb. He broke up a ton of plays. He doesn’t have Harden and CP feeding him. DM is good but he’s not there yet and Neto/AB can’t get him the ball.

If they got the game we got from Jae Crowder and we got the game they got from Tucker then we win by 10... Rudy was good.

Rudy was really good today... CP made a **** ton of shots and the refs bailed them out a ton.

If people can’t see how good Rudy was tonight then they are straight dumb. He broke up a ton of plays. He doesn’t have Harden and CP feeding him. DM is good but he’s not there yet and Neto/AB can’t get him the ball.

If they got the game we got from Jae Crowder and we got the game they got from Tucker then we win by 10... Rudy was good.
No, you undervalue Favors.

I really hope Jae Crowder comes back next year and works out w/e happened this year that made his so much worse from what he was in Boston.

%#$@ no to Derozan, that would be a colossal mistake, and I can't believe someone suggested it. Perennial choker when the games matter most. We will actually be fine with who we have. Mitchell, Exum, Gobert, Rubio, Oneale, Crowder, Burks, Bradley, etc will all improve from maturity and experience. It would be nice to add a great piece, but that comes at a cost. Favors will likely not be back, even though he isn't going to get a big offer.