What's new

WCSF Game 5: Win one for the Ricker! -- Jazz in Houston 5/8/2018 6:00 pm MST

Anyone who has actually watched a few games of Jabari really think he's the answer?

I don't, for the record and jimmer still isn't either

He's 23 man. He can still improve a lot on D. You're getting on Parker's case when the Jazz had both Ingles and Crowder start, both of whom were burnt all the time. Like I said... you have to sacrifice some D when you have Rudy on the court.

players like him won't / can't really improve on D that much .. no thnx

I’d prefer an off-season deal, though.

What could we offer to get Harris? He’s on an expiring. Two picks and Burks? Tomic?

What would they take for Beverley?

I think it’d cost a 2019 1st and taking Gallo. So AB our unguranteeds and a 2019 1st for Harris and Gallo... idk maybe... I have no idea... they should just give him to us.

No to Jabari. He cant even get minutes in Milwaukee because his defense is SO BAD, hows he ever gonna see the floor under Quin?

Im coming back around to K.Love. I thought he no longer fitted our window but with the exponential development of DM he once again fits.

Saric is still the dude I really want but its unlikely so Im happy taking a shot at Mirotic or Bjelica also.

It'll always wonder what we could have done with Ricky, and Thabo. Also a healthy Donovan for that 4th QT.

Feels like we really could have won games 4 and 5(especially if the injury roles were reversed, and Houston had a couple people out).

Really proud of how we went down. We didn't get slaughtered.

We fought til the end.

Every day now Ricky, Donovan, Thabo, Exum will recover and get stronger.

Every day from here on out the Rockets window is closing, and they are getting older and more hideous.

We will overtake them soon.

Thanks for the great season, Jazz! December was brutal but the way you came together to tear it up to finish the season gave fans some legit hope and excitement going forward. I look forward to next season and what it may bring! GO JAZZ!!!

Burks had a really nice playoffs: 47% shooting from the field, 45% shooting from 3, 87% shooting from the free throw line. Passed the ball well, rebounded well and defended well. His per 36 numbers were 25 points per game, 5 assists per game, 7 rebounds per game and 2 turnovers per game. But alas, he only got 13 minutes per game (and a number of dnp's)

(in plus/minus for the playoffs he was a +4. +4 for the okc series and dead even 0 for the rockets series)

Hopefully he created some trade value.

Last edited:
Burks had a really nice playoffs: 47% shooting from the field, 45% shooting from 3, 87% shooting from the free throw line. Passed the ball well, rebounded well and defended well. His per 36 numbers were 25 points per game, 5 assists per game, 7 rebounds per game and 2 turnovers per game. But alas, he only got 13 minutes per game (and a number of dnp's)

(in plus/minus for the playoffs he was a +4. +4 for the okc series and dead even 0 for the rockets series)

His contract is going to become valuable as well. I'm not really sure it's an albatross as those contracts span multiple years. His is expiring next year and there will be teams looking to create room for the 18/19 FA season.

I really hope he gets a shot somewhere. If nothing happens, then I hope he broke through whatever Wall was between him getting on the court and he gets serious minutes starting next year.

I really hope he gets a shot somewhere. If nothing happens, then I hope he broke through whatever Wall was between him getting on the court and he gets serious minutes starting next year.
If he can consistently play like he did those last few games, he could be a weapon off the bench next year. Someone to score some quick points when the offense is sluggish. Not sure he has more value trading him right now.