What's new

What Became of Player Development?

Forrest is showing real progress these last few games. Still not a scoring threat but he is a pretty smart player who plays within the system. I like what I'm seeing.
His little floater game looks pretty good, and of course a few nice drives and dunks, but I'm pretty sure the summer will be all about getting those threes to drop. They look pretty awful.

Any GM and fanbase in this league would be elated with the draft picks of Mitchell and Gobert. That is far more than just doing their job. Same for the development of non drafted players.

I saw a blurb on the interwebs about a couple of bigger players playing in Australia that might be of interest in the off season. John Mooney that played at Notre Dame is leading that league in rebounding, is shooting a crazy number from the three point line and averages about 17.6 ppg as Bryce Cotton's teammate. Billy Donovan knows about this guy as he and Billy D's son were best friends when Money was growing up. Also Jock Landale is having a pretty good year over there and has had JIngles lobby on his behalf to the front office. Both guys are playing on one year contracts there. I could see Mooney being the Jazz next Cooley.

The interesting thing about Trent and his development is that he has not played one second with the Stars in two seasons despite being a two way player and listed on the Stars roster. Last year he and Brantley were the two players and neither one played with the Stars in the bubble. This year all of Trent's time has been with the varsity.

bump for Forrest.

where all the crows at? there better be all you can eat or else I walk
Well that is one guy and one can spin an argument any way that fits their angle right? Seems like injuries and covid protocols had a lot to do with it to me. Personally, I still question whether Doke would be seeing the kind of time he is today if it wasn’t for Alex Jensen taking over for three games.

Well that is one guy and one can spin an argument any way that fits their angle right? Seems like injuries and covid protocols had a lot to do with it to me. Personally, I still question whether Doke would be seeing the kind of time he is today if it wasn’t for Alex Jensen taking over for three games.
forrest is legit. but i'm still not quite convinced on doke. last game against GSW shows that Doke may still be a complete non-factor in playoffs.

The interesting thing about Trent and his development is that he has not played one second with the Stars in two seasons despite being a two way player and listed on the Stars roster. Last year he and Brantley were the two players and neither one played with the Stars in the bubble. This year all of Trent's time has been with the varsity.
yeah g league is a scam. if a player wanna get some real development, he will need some real nba minutes. whether he can take advantage of the minutes is another story

forrest is legit. but i'm still not quite convinced on doke. last game against GSW shows that Doke may still be a complete non-factor in playoffs.
No question that Forest is further along with his development, but Doke is no slouch. Another good stat line tonight. Still has a ways to go to dominate like Whiteside has been doing but Whiteside has been playing at his Miami level recently- when he was considered among the best in the league.

No question that Forest is further along with his development, but Doke is no slouch. Another good stat line tonight. Still has a ways to go to dominate like Whiteside has been doing but Whiteside has been playing at his Miami level recently- when he was considered among the best in the league.
yeah, quite unthinkable to win 5 straight games without Rudy. Our young guys have really turned the corner.

will need to look to upgrade 3/4 spot right now. literally the only major area of weakness. just can't continue playing Royce those crazy big minutes. he needs help
Seems like we have more options there than ever with Gay, Paschall, House, NAW and Juancho. With the right coaching I feel like we’re more equipped than ever to make a deep run this year.

Last edited:
He's got it. Paschall, House, Gay when he is able to play, etc.
none of them got enough defense though which is really what we need at the 3/4 positions. we need a high level help defender/secondary rim protector to cover the space behind Rudy when he isn't the the paint. like a forward version of "trent forrest". McDaniels or Herb Jones would've been perfect.

That’s ridiculous. I’m pretty sure Alex has never been in charge of setting the lineup. I’m sure Quin communicated all that stuff to him.