What's new

What happened to Gobert???

Would like to see Rudy at least attempt an 8-10 foot shot this preseason, the one he says he has been working on. So far, I have seen zero additions to his offense. Disappointing.

Pretty sure in that range Gobert has opted to go with a floater of sorts.

As far as jump shots, I wouldn't hold my breath. I'd just like to see him hit his FT's at a 65% or above rate.

rudy gobert ✔ @rudygobert27
Last preseason game against the @nuggets tonight! #letsgetstarted

Well Gobert hash-tagged "Lets Get Started" so it seems like Gobert is choosing to now start playing and he had not actually started prior.

Hopefully we see Rudy Gobert at the game today and not Ryan Hollins like we have been seeing so far in preseason.

I'm not sure where you get that figure from but it looked to me that both RW and KD do not subscribe to that concept of taking it easy in preseason.

The game still counted for nothing. No matter how dominant they were, no matter what kind of wake up call it was to Snyder, or the Jazz, it still won't mean anything in a week.

Hell, it means nothing now. Are the team's loins all girded up for the Nuggets as we speak? Are we going to get some legitimate effort tonight from players who have (rightfully) been on cruise control since Hawaii?

If only it mattered.

It is really hard to get into a rhythm in the preseason with the weird lineups and substitutions. obviously the Jazz are not playing to win and are still trying to figure out the composition of their bench. Rudy plays a great first quarter and then gets yanked from the rest of the game. The Jazz are featuring Hood and Burks to see what each has at this point while Gobert, Favors, and Hayward are almost afterthoughts at this point. When the time comes for Gobert to turn it on, he will turn it on. You can't play like he does every single time you get on a court or it would probably kill you. When the games count and the league is paying attention, Gobert will Hulk out just fine.

The game still counted for nothing. No matter how dominant they were, no matter what kind of wake up call it was to Snyder, or the Jazz, it still won't mean anything in a week.

Hell, it means nothing now. Are the team's loins all girded up for the Nuggets as we speak? Are we going to get some legitimate effort tonight from players who have (rightfully) been on cruise control since Hawaii?

If only it mattered.

Yeah, but it's starting off the season with momentum. If the Jazz don't win today, it will means we have lost 5 games in a row. Of course, that would ultimately mean nothing if we come out and win our opener, but if he we don't, then we have the feeling of not winning a game in 3 weeks. In the East, a slow start would be minor, but in the West it's imperative we get off to a quick start, especially when the Mavs and Pelicans are injury riddled.

It is really hard to get into a rhythm in the preseason with the weird lineups and substitutions. obviously the Jazz are not playing to win and are still trying to figure out the composition of their bench. Rudy plays a great first quarter and then gets yanked from the rest of the game. The Jazz are featuring Hood and Burks to see what each has at this point while Gobert, Favors, and Hayward are almost afterthoughts at this point. When the time comes for Gobert to turn it on, he will turn it on. You can't play like he does every single time you get on a court or it would probably kill you. When the games count and the league is paying attention, Gobert will Hulk out just fine.

We definitely played that last game to win and Quin said he was treating the game tonight as close to a regular season game as possible.

I don't think we are so much "featuring Hood and Burks", I just think, especially with Burks, he thrives in looking good while an offense stumbles because he doesn't need a flowing offense to score. Last year I'm pretty sure Burks was the only starter to score more points in losses than in wins. He just thrives in scoring when everyone else is stalled out in our offense.

Yeah, but it's starting off the season with momentum. If the Jazz don't win today, it will means we have lost 5 games in a row. Of course, that would ultimately mean nothing if we come out and win our opener, but if he we don't, then we have the feeling of not winning a game in 3 weeks. In the East, a slow start would be minor, but in the West it's imperative we get off to a quick start, especially when the Mavs and Pelicans are injury riddled.

I hear you. But I also think that Rudy is acting exactly as he should: taking the very last preseason game half-seriously. The starters shouldn't even play in more than two of these things.

Gobert gonna remind us all tonight how special he is

We definitely played that last game to win and Quin said he was treating the game tonight as close to a regular season game as possible.

I don't think we are so much "featuring Hood and Burks", I just think, especially with Burks, he thrives in looking good while an offense stumbles because he doesn't need a flowing offense to score. Last year I'm pretty sure Burks was the only starter to score more points in losses than in wins. He just thrives in scoring when everyone else is stalled out in our offense.

Overall, outside of the first quarter, the Jazz played pretty damn well against the Sonics. I expect them to drop the hammer tonight, especially in anticipation of a week gap before the next game. I have watched the games and it is pretty obvious that after Hawaii, Quinn has been taking the ball out of Hayward's hands and giving it to Burks and Hood, which was the right decision, especially considering the injuries. Burks is going to be a huge asset to this team and having a bench/floater guy like Hood getting experience is going to be tremendous. It will take a bit for all of that to click. Whereas everyone on the Sonics knows their role and have been playing together except for Kanter who is on the bench.

What happened to the Jazzfanz forum where posters realized the preseason doesn't matter, and no one thought the sky was falling when a player hasnt been playing perfectly?

Oh wait, it has always been this way. Carry on.

What happened to the Jazzfanz forum where posters realized the preseason doesn't matter, and no one thought the sky was falling when a player hasnt been playing perfectly?

Oh wait, it has always been this way. Carry on.

It isn't like it's summer league or anything. If this was summer league, we'd be ripping this ***** apart!

I agree with your point. You don't develop winning mentality snubbing preseason games. Win helps to win.

I noticed he frequently got caught too close under the rim and missed a bunch of rebounds being out of position. Not sure if it was Adams pushing him or just being a bit sloppy but he'll be fine. If anything a little challenge to his ego at this stage will be a good thing.

Also nobody is throwing him a decent lob.

That might be this dynamic duo's last shot at a title together.

I am not 100% but I am sure those two always play like that.

If only it mattered.

You're right. It absolutely did not count for anything and has no bearing in the end of season standings. I still think it's semi-conerning that the whole team is suffering from some sort of malaise but then again since it's the whole team maybe there really isn't anything to worry about.

Yes we lost that 2nd Portland game but only 2 people from that 4th quarter line up even made the team. Our starters adn bench obliterated them.

Personally I hope Snyder's public challenge fired them up and they come out full throttle and never slow down.