What's new

What type of candidate can beat Trump?

Somebody who isn't for open border would probably poll better with the majority of Americans. They're gonna wanna ditch that.
Which candidate wants open borders? I havent really seen that from anyone. I have heard Trump claim that is what Democrats want. I have seen most Democrats opposed to a silly pointless money wasting wall but not for completely open borders.

Bernie has stated multiple times he doesnt believe in open borders. But many Republicans keep claiming he is for that.

Which candidate wants open borders? I havent really seen that from anyone. I have heard Trump claim that is what Democrats want. I have seen most Democrats opposed to a silly pointless money wasting wall but not for completely open borders.

Bernie has stated multiple times he doesnt believe in open borders. But many Republicans keep claiming he is for that.

A couple tonight have said no deportation, no detaining for any illegal immigrant who crosses the border unless they have committed a serious crime. Also advocated for healthcare for non-citizens.

Call it what you want, that's open borders.

Anyone else like Andrew Yang? He's pretty likable. I'm not sure about $1K a month, but lord knows I'm not not sure of it too.
The little I have read about him makes me intrigued. I am not sure I agree with a lot of his stuff but that is going to be true regardless of who it is for me.

I would be shocked to see him make it far though.

A couple tonight have said no deportation, no detaining for any illegal immigrant who crosses the border unless they have committed a serious crime. Also advocated for healthcare for non-citizens.

Okay, just a different definition. Having borders with security checks and trying to prevent people from coming in is not an open border. It might be more relaxed than what you want but that doesnt make it open.

Okay, just a different definition. Having borders with security checks and trying to prevent people from coming in is not an open border. It might be more relaxed than what you want but that doesnt make it open.

Idk. To me saying no deportation, and no detaining means there's not much preventing going on. That's just how it sounds to me.

Why does it have to be a rich, powerful, white, man?

I don't get that at all. What counts as "power" in that statement? How rich do they have to be?
They have to be thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis rich.

Because you literally chose the one person the right hates the most. And you knew it lol. I’m sorry you want to act like a Clinton, a woman they still call for jail time for, is someone the right would ever vote for. You could probably pick anyone else.

But yup, totally shifting goal posts.

“Christians want a passionate person with intelligence...”

“Well, the devil is passionate and smart...”

Smfh lol
Have we met?

Regardless of who is nominated, the right-wing media will make sure they are detested.
That's pretty much how the media works. Out of what was a pretty decent debate the only sound bite you could find the next day was "binders full of women".

Why does it have to be a rich, powerful, white, man?

I don't get that at all. What counts as "power" in that statement? How rich do they have to be?

Hopefully I'm wrong. I'd rather have a woman as President. It's time and I've liked Harris for a while. But I think he would have more trouble denigrating a guy like Bloomberg or Cuban.

That's not open borders. Thats a liberal immigration policy. And a couple is barely any. There are over 20 candidates.

Harris destroyed Biden last night. I think she along with Warren are going to be near the finish line when all this shakes out. I don’t think the leads Bernie and Biden currently have will last.

I think Warren is becoming very interesting. She has always had the most well thought out campaign but really fumbled her opening. It’s good to see smart political people begin to take notice and she is gaining steam.

I think Warren is becoming very interesting. She has always had the most well thought out campaign but really fumbled her opening. It’s good to see smart political people begin to take notice and she is gaining steam.
She's my pick so far. Smartest candidate. Most thoroughly developed plan. Most capable of being our President today.

That's not open borders. Thats a liberal immigration policy. And a couple is barely any. There are over 20 candidates.

Open borders is the new death panels. Yet another baseless right wing attack that plays well on Fox News.

Also, undocumented immigrants will get their health care one way or another; either through treatment by insurance (much cheaper) or through the emergency room (much more expensive). If they don’t have insurance (most likely), then when they need health care they’ll go to the emergency room. When they don’t pay those exorbitant costs (it’s the ER after all), we pay for them.

Are we really cool with paying more in taxes because we don’t want to offer undocumented citizens cost effective health care, such as Medicaid?

The alternative is refusing them health care, which would be illegal. The ER cannot turn people away legally.

As a society, we seem to be fine exploiting undocumented workers to benefit our capitalism yet don’t seem concerned with the costs. Sorry, but if we are going to enjoy cheap food, restaurants, construction, etc then we need to be open to the idea of providing the workers who work the most in those cheap labor fields with health care opportunities as well.

Warren is the anti-trump to me.

She’s smart, has a plan (almost too many), and actually cares about people. The complete opposite of what trump is. She’s my favorite candidate and I think she’ll be the eventual dem nominee. She can poach Bernie’s progressive crowd (and energize the party base) but not be as loud and angry and turn off moderates.

Open borders is the new death panels. Yet another baseless right wing attack that plays well on Fox News.

Also, undocumented immigrants will get their health care one way or another; either through treatment by insurance (much cheaper) or through the emergency room (much more expensive). If they don’t have insurance (most likely), then when they need health care they’ll go to the emergency room. When they don’t pay those exorbitant costs (it’s the ER after all), we pay for them.

Are we really cool with paying more in taxes because we don’t want to offer undocumented citizens cost effective health care, such as Medicaid?

The alternative is refusing them health care, which would be illegal. The ER cannot turn people away legally.

As a society, we seem to be fine exploiting undocumented workers to benefit our capitalism yet don’t seem concerned with the costs. Sorry, but if we are going to enjoy cheap food, restaurants, construction, etc then we need to be open to the idea of providing them with health care opportunities as well.
I'm sure the people reading this who have strong feelings against illegal immigration would answer that the cheapest alternative is to leave these illegals to their own fate, hopefully on the other side of a border barrier.

Why do you make liberal arguments to conservatives?

The message is just not going in.