What's new

What upgrades are needed to make us a contender?

News flash Brown isn't extending here. Any offer we could make so could another big market team.

I would give up a first rounder that is lottery protected. Hardly draft capital, given the number of draft picks we have stashed away. Turner is a free agent this year with less teams having cap space thus the potential to extend him. Completely different situations.
Never say never. Brown has relationships with our GM and head coach and has always been a guy that moves to the beat of his own drum. He was a top 3 recruit coming out of HS and decided to play at UC Berkeley instead of a top tier program. I could see him being intrigued by the chance to play on a competitive team as the #1 guy instead of playing in Tatum's shadow. Donovan just became one of the most popular players in the league on and off the court while playing here so it's definitely in the range of outcomes for Brown too if he hypothetically landed here.

Turner wants to be in a big market, he literally just said that he wants the Lakers to come trade for him. I also don't really think he raises the ceiling of our current team by much.

I would love to see us get Jimmy Butler. Pipe dream yeah but he is having a stellar season yet Miami is underperforming now. Might be able to pick him up with some of our assets. Highly unlikely but he would be the absolute perfect fit in this team and would elevate us immediately to contender status. Someone on his level is what we need to really be a true contender, imo. We might have that guy developing on our team now, most likely Lauri. But to add a proven alpha with Butler's mind-set on both ends of the court would be devastatingly impactful and immediately elevate us. We can always dream.

I would love to see us get Jimmy Butler. Pipe dream yeah but he is having a stellar season yet Miami is underperforming now. Might be able to pick him up with some of our assets. Highly unlikely but he would be the absolute perfect fit in this team and would elevate us immediately to contender status. Someone on his level is what we need to really be a true contender, imo. We might have that guy developing on our team now, most likely Lauri. But to add a proven alpha with Butler's mind-set on both ends of the court would be devastatingly impactful and immediately elevate us. We can always dream.
This is one superstar I would love to come here. I've always been so impressed by his team mentality, leadership and spirit. But definitely a pipe dream.

So the next question; who would be a poor-man's Butler? One we could trade for.

I would love to add Gordon Hayward on this team.
He is a well rounded player that can move the ball, shoot, cut, rebound, and play a bit of defense. That is exactly what I want on this team.
I know people hate him for leaving, and his wife was not classy, and yada yada yada. He would be a good fit and the type of player that would move us up a notch (if he actually stayed healthy).

I know that you guys are just dreaming but the last thing we need to be thinking about are older players with huge contracts. It is vital to build this the right way and that is focusing on the current group of guys that could be long term pieces and if someone becomes available that fits that mold then it is worth a conversation. The last thing I want to do is suddenly change direction and build a team with only 2 year window. If we stay patient I think we have the ability to build something really special here and it can happen really quick. With our stock pile of picks we have the ability to probably target any player in the draft with the exception of Wemby who most definitely will not be traded.

I would love to add Gordon Hayward on this team.
He is a well rounded player that can move the ball, shoot, cut, rebound, and play a bit of defense. That is exactly what I want on this team.
I know people hate him for leaving, and his wife was not classy, and yada yada yada. He would be a good fit and the type of player that would move us up a notch (if he actually stayed healthy).
Since he makes $30M we'd have to part ways with some combination of Conley/Sexton/Clarkson/Kelly/Beasley.

RJ Barrett lol

Realistically though probably OG Anunoby, DeAndre Hunter, or Patrick Williams.
OG would be a nice fit. I've been banging the table for him. Maybe Ainge can find his archetype in the next draft.

I don't see the Hawks dealing Hunter as he appears to be a core piece moving forward.

Patrick Williams plays with no motor. I'd take a pass on him.

Yep. He is the one i want. haliburton, jaylen brown, jimmy butler are the ones to target for win now playoff run.

We can probably get Haliburton, we just have to give up most of picks we got for Donovan and Rudy.
What a steal that was for Indiana.

We can probably get Haliburton, we just have to give up most of picks we got for Donovan and Rudy.
What a steal that was for Indiana.
They gave up an all star to get him, but yeah it worked out for them.

Here it is -- Danny tag-teams with D-Wade to convince LeBron to endorse a trade deadline deal to come join the Jazz. BOOM!

Here it is -- Danny tag-teams with D-Wade to convince LeBron to endorse a trade deadline deal to come join the Jazz. BOOM!
We may have a chance if we also take his kid. Will make us very good for sure. Even if LBJ is declining slowly, he remain a very good player at least 25 min per game.