What's new

What would you do if one of the Jazz sits or kneels for the National Anthem ??

****n commie

It's true, I read Reader's Digest

flagg.jpg

But if you eliminate the third, fifth, and sixth letters, then it's Red's Digest, comrade.

I wouldn't care. I really wouldn't. I've never understood why it's necessary to play the anthem at every game in every pro sports league in this country in the first place.

I like that they do but I wouldn't be outraged if they stopped.

I havent read through the whole thread, but if a player on the Jazz did this I would be really disappointed. But I wouldnt hate him for it, he has the right to free speech and this is a non violent way to express yourself. I think it is incredibly disrespectful to do, the flag is pretty special to me, but everyone has freedom of speech

I have know many high ranking officials in the Air Force... They think Kaep is a joke. Don't have to place cops on a pedestal but disrespecting them with pigs socks likely doesn't help this country change. Respect is needed in both sides.

Awareness and social media conversation starting is good but doing things outside of public look at me displays will have more real affects.

Also part of this is the messenger for me... I'm sure he cares about the cause but I'm also sure he loves the attention.

He is doing more then just protesting and bringing awareness. Go back and watch his post game coments

I havent read through the whole thread, but if a player on the Jazz did this I would be really disappointed. But I wouldnt hate him for it, he has the right to free speech and this is a non violent way to express yourself. I think it is incredibly disrespectful to do, the flag is pretty special to me, but everyone has freedom of speech

Sounds like to me u are fine with the status quo. We need to change the way we think. Hate a person for killing someone. Hate a system that turns a blind eye to that act, but don't hate an act that helps to bring awareness and change in a none violent way. Praise a man for seeking to make his home a better place for all.

We are blessed to live in a society where we are free to express ourselves. This is something we sometimes take for granted. I love our flag and this country, and what's disrespectful is cops taking away another mans life for no reason and not suffering the consequence. Every time a cop un-provokingly kills a black man it's a stain on the flag. Every time a minority is treated as a lesser citizen it's a stain on the flag. IMO if u are annoyed at Kaep or one of these other athletes for protesting, good!! If u are annoyed you need to change the way you think and study the issues and what's going on.

Funny how Kaep is getting so much flack for this non-violent protest while former teammate Bruce Miller and the fact that he beat a 70 year old man and his son is getting minimal publicity.

It will be interesting to see if any NBA players protest the anthem as it is policy to stand and take part in the anthem where as its not policy in the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will be interesting to see if any NBA players protest the anthem as it is policy to stand and take part in the anthem where as its not policy in the NFL.

The Jazz seem to have done a decent job of purging themselves of boneheads. Also, isn't a majority of the tem from outside of the US? Making that statement as a Frenchman or Canadian would be completely idiotic.

I doubt NBA protests take the same form. I think it will be more along the lines of what the heat did over Trayvon Martin. We will see what happens though.

Sounds like to me u are fine with the status quo. We need to change the way we think. Hate a person for killing someone. Hate a system that turns a blind eye to that act, but don't hate an act that helps to bring awareness and change in a none violent way. Praise a man for seeking to make his home a better place for all.

We are blessed to live in a society where we are free to express ourselves. This is something we sometimes take for granted. I love our flag and this country, and what's disrespectful is cops taking away another mans life for no reason and not suffering the consequence. Every time a cop un-provokingly kills a black man it's a stain on the flag. Every time a minority is treated as a lesser citizen it's a stain on the flag. IMO if u are annoyed at Kaep or one of these other athletes for protesting, good!! If u are annoyed you need to change the way you think and study the issues and what's going on.

I think this is a key point to me. I feel that this stuff has pretty much reached peak awareness, it's not some hidden secret, there have been countless protests and even riots getting huge exposure. Nobody is in the dark about any of this, and if they are, it is willingly. So I think that's why people start to become weary of this and say "well what is he actually doing though?", because obviously trying to raise awareness doesn't hurt, but it seems like the time for raising awareness has been and the time for bringing actual change has come.

Just my thoughts on people's thoughts. Your thoughts?

It'd be cool to see this go down in the NBA too. I hope Lebron does it & Nike spots him or something

It'd be cool to see this go down in the NBA too. I hope Lebron does it & Nike spots him or something

I'm not sure Lebron's the type. On one hand, I think he is but on the other, I think his bank account means a ton to him and he wouldn't want to jeopardize that.

Carmelo might sit. Possibly Wade after what happened to his relative.

The NBA has a pretty clear hierarchy of highly intelligent and thoughtful stars and leaders such as LeBron and CP3. If they do something it will likely be coordinated among players and a protest that is respectful to military/cops, etc. If these guys lead, like I hope and expect they will, there will be less room for boneheads protesting in disrespectful and rogue ways. Football, with short careers, more players, and less clear hierarchy, is more wild west. I'd guess the NBA do something along the lines of the Seahawks protest, with player unity and a plan.

The NBA has a pretty clear hierarchy of highly intelligent and thoughtful stars and leaders such as LeBron and CP3. If they do something it will likely be coordinated among players and a protest that is respectful to military/cops, etc. If these guys lead, like I hope and expect they will, there will be less room for boneheads protesting in disrespectful and rogue ways. Football, with short careers, more players, and less clear hierarchy, is more wild west. I'd guess the NBA do something along the lines of the Seahawks protest, with player unity and a plan.

Please tell me what is soooooo disrespectful of the way they are protesting? Please.

I think the Warriors will do smth if this is still a hot topic when basketball starts up again.