What's new

What would you give up for AD?

Personal opinion, but I don't give up Mitchell for AD. AD is an amazing player, but Donovan is as well, likes Utah, and Jazz fans worship the ground he walks on. I don't know about Mitchell's potential in the end, but it's still tantalizing. Anyone not named Mitchell or Gobert would be available though and the usual picks.

So would you swap Donovan for luka

I don't have to worry about that. I'm the ultimate dreamer, but I don't like jumping down these rabbit holes of "in this scenario would you". We drafted Donovan, he loves it in Utah, and he loves his teammates. I don't trade that for anything.

So far, Donovan has....

- led us to the playoffs his rookie year
- made the All Rookie Team
- was voted the best player of the 2018 draft
- won the Dunk Contest
- competed in the Rising Stars Challenge
- led our team in scoring since he was drafted
- is one of our best two players (arguably our best)
- is currently leading us to the playoffs again
- has been a fantastic representation of our organization both on and off the court through appearances at events both in and out of the US (All Star Game, Finals, commercials, movies, etc.)

Sure, there are a few players in the NBA who might be better or have better marketability, but none of them are Utah Jazz players and none of them can promise they will love and be loved as much as Donovan. So I'm not jumping down the rabbit hole. I would not switch Donovan for anybody.

I don't have to worry about that. I'm the ultimate dreamer, but I don't like jumping down these rabbit holes of "in this scenario would you". We drafted Donovan, he loves it in Utah, and he loves his teammates. I don't trade that for anything.

So far, Donovan has....

- led us to the playoffs his rookie year
- made the All Rookie Team
- was voted the best player of the 2018 draft
- won the Dunk Contest
- competed in the Rising Stars Challenge
- led our team in scoring since he was drafted
- is one of our best two players (arguably our best)
- is currently leading us to the playoffs again
- has been a fantastic representation of our organization both on and off the court through appearances at events both in and out of the US (All Star Game, Finals, commercials, movies, etc.)

Sure, there are a few players in the NBA who might be better or have better marketability, but none of them are Utah Jazz players and none of them can promise they will love and be loved as much as Donovan. So I'm not jumping down the rabbit hole. I would not switch Donovan for anybody.

I agree with this. I'm damn sure Luka will be a great player. But Donovan is a flat cornerstone right now and I'd rather not remove it. That said, Donovan needs help on the offensive end to help remove the load. He's tremendously effective on-ball, but needs a few more long range shooters to help. Defenses zone in on him at time and can harm his efficiency. Crowder is quietly regaining some of his Boston-form stat wise, so that helps. But we need a legit second offensive threat to create their own shot consistently, facilitate, and make decisions. I'm almost convinced Donovan can run PG full-time, but I wouldn't make that transition fulltime without additional 3D at the 2 or 4. Royce/Ingles are perfectly fine at the three, or move Royce to the starting 2 or 4 (in small-ball).

Hes not better than luka.
Poor kid has lost his mind.
I do like the idea of your post, although not wanting to trade him for any player in the league is a juuuuuust a bit of a stretch budski.

You are looking at what Mitchell is now, you need to look at what he will be in 3-4 years from now. He’s special and wants to be here. He would be here longer than pretty much anyone we can trade for. If we trade Mitchell for AD the jazz would be handcuffed from adding good talent next to Gobert and AD. If you look at the teams that win titles, yes they have two or three stars, but they have deep teams around those stars. If we trade DM, we aren’t just trading him it might cost Exum Favors or any number of player combinations leaving the cupboard pretty bare. And as we’ve seen this year, AD hasn’t elevated a team that also has Niko Randle and Holiday. Yes, AD and Gobert are an intriguing pairing, but that alone isn’t winning a title. The team as presently constituted can add a lot of talent potentially and DM is only going to get a lot better. There’s nothing I’m trading Mitchell for, period!!

The fact that this is even a discussion is an embarrassment. Complete and utter idiocy the one positive is that any jazzfanzer that IMO is at least an alright poster is pro DM. But this is still a bad mark for this site.

Personal opinion, but I don't give up Mitchell for AD. AD is an amazing player, but Donovan is as well, likes Utah, and Jazz fans worship the ground he walks on. I don't know about Mitchell's potential in the end, but it's still tantalizing. Anyone not named Mitchell or Gobert would be available though and the usual picks.

More like the air he flies through. That dunk against OKC Anyone have vid?

You win a title with Mitchell and Gobert then Durrant is a lock.
No you just have to beat his team in the playoffs. Then he bolts for your team. It's his MO. Kevin "Easy Way Out" Durrant.

Kevin "Coat-tails" Durrant

Last edited:
Donovan has had a lot fewer highlight dunks this year. Also if you can trade Donovan to match up AD with Gobert, you do it. Right now. A budding might-be fringe all-star compared to a fully established super-star is a no-brainer.

Donovan has had a lot fewer highlight dunks this year. Also if you can trade Donovan to match up AD with Gobert, you do it. Right now. A budding might-be fringe all-star compared to a fully established super-star is a no-brainer.
How could you say that. What are you thinking trading Donovan for AD

They can have any package of picks/players they want that doesn't include Rudy or Donovan.

Yep. And I’m silly but I include jingles as untouchable. I’ve never loved a jazz team more and I value chemistry above all. I’m sentimental. Really that’s how I feel about any trade.

If we had AD signed for 4 years or so yes you make the trade.
But...... How long do we control DM? Like 7 more years if we give him the 5 year supermax right?

I would take DM for 7 years over AD for 1.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app