What's new

What would you give up for AD?

AD sux. he is a EMPTY BALLER.

A berkkobe sighting!

I honestly was thinking this recently. If AD is so great, why have the Pels given up a 115 a night seemingly every night for years? A defensive presence down low, like Gobert or Embiid, can make a monumental difference on d...and yet he never has. If he goes to the Lakers, won’t they still just be a sieve on defense?

A berkkobe sighting!

I honestly was thinking this recently. If AD is so great, why have the Pels given up a 115 a night seemingly every night for years? A defensive presence down low, like Gobert or Embiid, can make a monumental difference on d...and yet he never has. If he goes to the Lakers, won’t they still just be a sieve on defense?

This. There’s a big difference between getting a couple of spectacular blocks a game and playing smart positional defense that forces low % shots

I mean all Mitchell does is lead his team to the playoffs every shot he has been given. Davis? Not so much. His teams have not been bereft of talent either.

Seriously U people are ridiculous lol. I bet half of you haven't even played basketball. Lol. Really Donovan is better than AD and luka geez

Seriously U people are ridiculous lol. I bet half of you haven't even played basketball. Lol. Really Donovan is better than AD and luka geez
I don’t see Luka leading his team as a rookie to the playoffs, and AD couldn’t to it with guys like Randle Niko and Jrue. There’s a lot of talent on that team, and he hasn’t elevated that team at all. He puts up great stats, but something seems to be missing. He’s supposed to be an elite rim protector and defender, yet his team is always at or near the bottom on defense. Take Gobert off the jazz and they are probably near the bottom. Again, there’s something missing with Davis.

Donovan isn't utahs best player.... And Anthony Davis is better than gobert. So that's how much better AD is better than Donovan. Donovan is playing on a better team than luka. Luka is better than Donovan. Look at lebron his Lakers are terrible. U need players. Btw AD led his team last year to a sweep over the blazers

I don’t see Luka leading his team as a rookie to the playoffs, and AD couldn’t to it with guys like Randle Niko and Jrue. There’s a lot of talent on that team, and he hasn’t elevated that team at all. He puts up great stats, but something seems to be missing. He’s supposed to be an elite rim protector and defender, yet his team is always at or near the bottom on defense. Take Gobert off the jazz and they are probably near the bottom. Again, there’s something missing with Davis.
IMHO so far AD is just a very good player compared to the all the players who have played in the NBA. For example, similar level to Patrick Ewing, Tracy McGrady, Chris Webber and Vince Carter, but little bit lesser player compared 2009-2011 Dirk Nowitzki. I.e he is not the player who steps on the court and says "i will win no matter what are your moves" and has some kind of fear factor that Durant, Lebron and Harden have (of course, they receive also a lot of star treatment). Or maybe the rules are now benefiting players who are mainly good scorers, foul-drawers and have above average quickness?

Donovan isn't utahs best player.... And Anthony Davis is better than gobert. So that's how much better AD is better than Donovan. Donovan is playing on a better team than luka. Luka is better than Donovan. Look at lebron his Lakers are terrible. U need players. Btw AD led his team last year to a sweep over the blazers
Before Donovan had to play PG, I agree that Gobert was our most important player. Since he played so much PG, Donovan is our most important player.

Without the threat of Donovan shooting or driving, would Gobert average 10ppg? Luka is a really good player, but he hasn't elevated his team like Donovan elevated us last year. Luka had a veteran, solid lineup which was mostly healthy this year and they are still lottery bound. Donovan went from late lottery to ROTY discussion because how much he rose when Gobert was hurt and then came back from injury.

This debate could continue for years, but to me it doesn't matter - Donovan is our guy and we are lucky as hell to have him.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Just going to say it, AD puts up better stats, but doesn’t win you games or impact a game as some might think, on the other hand you see a guy like Gobert, his offensive stats aren’t as sexy on paper, but without him the jazz are a below average team, with him we are above average.

This theory that AD is this transcendent player is ridiculous!! If he was this transcendent talent, he would’ve put NO on the map much like LBJ did with Cle during his first stint there. AD may put up better stats, Gobert is the better player and the guy I want to build my team around. This is why Gobert is the best C in the league and a top 5-7 player in the league.

I love Rudy but if we knew AD would stay in SLC (which is highly unlikely) I would trade Rudy for AD. I realize it is an unpopular view but I think he is that good. The notion that he is not great because of his team is the same logic folks use against Stock and Malone. I don't buy it for a minute. Maybe he is not the once in a decade folks like MJ, Kobe, or LeBron but he is a superstar who contributes on both sides of the floor.