What's new

What's JazzFanz's stance on Marriage Equality?

You've advocating keeping parents together if they're unhappy in a marriage. In other words, faking a loving household.

No, I am advocating married people provide a real loving household...love is a verb. It's called upholding their vows. They put "through sickness and health," "for better and worse," "for richer or poorer" in there for a reason. Everyone but little girls who watch princess movies knows you ain't gonna feel "happily ever after" 24/7...but you promise to keep on loving them despite that.

No, I am advocating married people provide a real loving household...love is a verb. It's called upholding their vows. They put "through sickness and health," "for better and worse," "for richer or poorer" in there for a reason. Everyone but little girls who watch princess movies knows you ain't gonna feel "happily ever after" 24/7...but you promise to keep on loving them despite that.

One is incapable of falling out of love? Can't provide a loving household if the heart is not in it. Irreparable marriages can and do exist.

One is incapable of falling out of love? Can't provide a loving household if the heart is not in it. Irreparable marriages can and do exist.

Of course, when they stop the loving action the feelings die, but they can return...otherwise there would be no need for marriage therapists.

It ain't "can't" it is more about "don't want to."

Of course, when they stop the loving action the feelings die, but they can return...otherwise there would be no need for marriage therapists.

It ain't "can't" it is more about "don't want to."

So you think all marriages are reparable?

EDIT: You also seem to think it's easy to "love." Sounds like you could love anything, and thus marry anything.

So you think all marriages are reparable?

EDIT: You also seem to think it's easy to "love." Sounds like you could love anything, and thus marry anything.

No. Good reasons for divorce include addictions, abuse, or an affair.

My own feelings of love are based on respect and admiration. I couldn't marry someone of different religious or political beliefs.

No. Good reasons for divorce include addictions, abuse, or an affair.

My own feelings of love are based on respect and admiration. I couldn't marry someone of different religious or political beliefs.

And if the two stop liking each other? No addictions, abuse, or affair. One loses respect and/or admiration or both do. This lasts years, including their children's most formative years. That's somehow more healthy for the children for the parents to stay in the marriage rather than cut it?

And if the two stop liking each other? No addictions, abuse, or affair. One loses respect and/or admiration or both do. This lasts years, including their children's most formative years. That's somehow more healthy for the children for the parents to stay in the marriage rather than cut it?

I would say yes it is more beneficial for the children to have an intact home as long as the parents stop warring and just get along for the kids.

That's the foundation for staying together for the kids, if you've stopped liking the person you made vows with.

So you think that this relationship, one that's based on lies and fraudulence, is somehow more legitimate a marriage than any possible relationship that homosexuals can have? Only because one has a dick and one doesn't?

Being nice ain't fraud or lying.

It sure is.

The guy in the article claims he had no idea how to relate to women. A marriage based on "being nice" has the same result. There's no intimacy. There's nothing for the child to observe to learn about relationships, unless the two fake it and don't believe it, or lie to the kids and say that their relationship is peachy and great and they love one another; or you can teach the kids that marriage isn't about love, it's about one person having a dick and the other not and that the only reason they live together or are nice together is because you, the child, exist.

If Pearl wants his kids to learn that it is perfectly acceptable to be unhappy in life then by all means. I pity them for learning that and pity for Pearl thinking that is ok.