What's new

What's JazzFanz's stance on Marriage Equality?

If Pearl wants his kids to learn that it is perfectly acceptable to be unhappy in life then by all means. I pity them for learning that and pity for Pearl thinking that is ok.

The Pearl doesn't post often, but he's an excellent poster, and it's annoying and insulting that a semi-troll has her name abbreviated to "Pearl".

It sure is.

The guy in the article claims he had no idea how to relate to women. A marriage based on "being nice" has the same result. There's no intimacy. There's nothing for the child to observe to learn about relationships, unless the two fake it and don't believe it, or lie to the kids and say that their relationship is peachy and great and they love one another; or you can teach the kids that marriage isn't about love, it's about one person having a dick and the other not and that the only reason they live together or are nice together is because you, the child, exist.

Sorry, but it just doesn't make sense to try and say being nice to the person you chose to marry and have children with is somehow the same as replacing their father with a lesbian lover.

There is no need to say anything about your relationship to your kids. They can observe you being nice to each other and learn a great deal about how to treat others.

If Pearl wants his kids to learn that it is perfectly acceptable to be unhappy in life then by all means. I pity them for learning that and pity for Pearl thinking that is ok.

I have a sneaking suspicion that to this bloke unhappiness= not being able to screw other women when you feel like it.

I have a sneaking suspicion that to this bloke unhappiness= not being able to screw other women when you feel like it.

I have never before given a negative reputation to someone, but this was just too awful, too inconsiderate, too detestable. Congratulations.

Why should you love someone less because of an affair? Sounds like you don't love the other person, you just like treating their genitals as your property.

Besides the negative consequences of STDs, illegitimate kids, and alienation of affection, it is against most moral codes, and a breach of vows.

Sorry, but it just doesn't make sense to try and say being nice to the person you chose to marry and have children with is somehow the same as replacing their father with a lesbian lover.

There is no need to say anything about your relationship to your kids. They can observe you being nice to each other and learn a great deal about how to treat others.

If you don't think that a relationship is built solely on being "nice" to each other for the sole reason of faking a life for the children doesn't affect you in much the same way that bisexual man described his inability to relate to women, then you obviously have not experienced said household.

If you don't think that a relationship is built solely on being "nice" to each other for the sole reason of faking a life for the children doesn't affect you in much the same way that bisexual man described his inability to relate to women, then you obviously have not experienced said household.

Your "faking a life" is to me "providing a real in tact home" for the children.

He had no male in the household to model his behavior and social interaction after so that is the opposite of having a father in the home to model his male behavior after.

Your "faking a life" is to me "providing a real in tact home" for the children.

He had no male in the household to model his behavior and social interaction after so that is the opposite of having a father in the home to model his male behavior after.

Which is no different than single mother homes. Those children found their male role model elsewhere (or didn't, found social interaction elsewhere).

Which is no different than single mother homes. Those children found their male role model elsewhere (or didn't, found social interaction elsewhere).

Except for the lesbian lover interaction he witnessed in place of it, and a divorced or widowed mom providing an alternative (grandpa, new male love interest).

Every child does deserve a father and mother in a married in tact home.

Besides the negative consequences of STDs, illegitimate kids, and alienation of affection, it is against most moral codes, and a breach of vows.

STDs and illegitimate kids are certainly risks, which is why you should always discuss such activities with your partner. As for teh rest, not in my experience.

I'm not sure what "open" means but being nice ain't dishonest unless you're a complete *** incapable of kindness.

You either lie and say to your kids that the relationship is good and loving when it's not, or you're open and honest to them and saying we're pretending to be a loving family just because you, the child, exists.

As I'm saying again, if there's no intimacy or love, merely a "kind" relationship, which I read as no more as tolerant, a child is put into the same position as the author of those articles was in, lacking the ability to relate to the opposite sex, having social anxiety issues, and such.

You either lie and say to your kids that the relationship is good and loving when it's not, or you're open and honest to them and saying we're pretending to be a loving family just because you, the child, exists.

As I'm saying again, if there's no intimacy or love, merely a "kind" relationship, which I read as no more as tolerant, a child is put into the same position as the author of those articles was in, lacking the ability to relate to the opposite sex, having social anxiety issues, and such.

Telling them that is abusive, not honest and open. Like I said before you shouldn't talk to your kids about the state of your relationship whether it is good or bad.

They can't relate to the opposite sex if their parents are kind to each? This particular angle of yours is just getting beyond ridiculous.

Telling them that is abusive, not honest and open. Like I said before you shouldn't talk to your kids about the state of your relationship whether it is good or bad.

They can't relate to the opposite sex if their parents are kind to each? This particular angle of yours is just getting beyond ridiculous.

Is kind with respect and admiration different than kind without respect and admiration. The answer is most certainly yes. The latter rings incredibly hollow.

At 15 years old, a boy likes a girl. They become friendly enough where outsiders might consider them boyfriend and girlfriend. However, the boy has no idea how to be a boyfriend because he has never seen a relationship before because it doesn't happen in the house. Thus, the boy comes off as aloof and uncaring because the concept of flowers and kisses is completely foreign to him, and he doesn't know why this is because his parents never once told him about the nature of their relationship.