What's new

What's JazzFanz's stance on Marriage Equality?

Okay, so the Romans scripture is already way better than the frickin' Leviticus chapter. That chapter has so many 'sins' that modern day Christians commit on a daily basis, it makes me want to cut myself. But I digress... there are just so many different ways to read and interpret scripture that I just don't understand how you choose which beliefs to follow, and which beliefs you believe are truly "just history."

To be frank, the Bible itself is a translation of a translation of a translation that was edited because a certain king wanted it to say something else, which was then translated in a different language, which was translated again, yadda yadda yadda. Who knows how close the modern day Bible is to the original. They can barely translate video games from Japanese to English properly, I don't even wanna know how convoluted the Kings James Bible is. Hell, the fact that it says "King James Version" on it means "This is not the original document." I guess I just can't take anything that the world's longest game of Telephone says seriously.

Not when it affects my life in such a big way.

Lebron has his own Bible?

I have no problem with gay marriage. Im for it.
I have no problem with gay people either. Just a quick tangent though: I know a few gay people and they all tell me that they just want to be accepted and a normal part of society etc etc.

Then they have these gay pride parades and put on sex slave costumes, dress in drag, wear speedos and generally act as wierd and freaky as they possibly can. Why do they act like that? It just makes most straight people dislike gays to see them behave that way.

You're absolutely right! Its what homophobic or anti-gay people see. They need a little more "professional" representation, if you ask me. I have gay friends that would take part in such a thing. People would flip if there was a straight parade, but that would be very linear and boring as hell.

Marriage "equality" will eventually come to everyone one day.

"You can have my daughter, just give me 2 pigs and a cow."

More to it than that. Marriage helps handle things like kinship, sexual restrictions, and paternity. The fact that monotheism picked up on it and added spirituality to it doesn't mean it should be defined as such.

I'm not one of those. Homosexuality is not some 'special' sin in my book. I'm just against making it special by saying it's okay now (from a 'sin' standpoint).
I believe the key difference between most sin and homosexuality is how they are perceived by the sinner. Say I get drunk, wake up, feel like a loser and that I let God down, and atone .. praying He forgives me once again. I never asked to make being a drunk okay by Him. In my example, I knowingly sinned .. and I never said, "God, my dad was drunk, his dad was a drunk, and I believe that it's in my genes .. therefore, I ask you to make being a drunk okay for me .. because, well, I'm a drunk.

Yeah, but having no intention to stop drinking isn't any different than saying that. (not saying that's you--I really have no idea how much you drink or whatever--but it seems like lots of Christians are that way).

Okay, so the Romans scripture is already way better than the frickin' Leviticus chapter. That chapter has so many 'sins' that modern day Christians commit on a daily basis, it makes me want to cut myself. But I digress... there are just so many different ways to read and interpret scripture that I just don't understand how you choose which beliefs to follow, and which beliefs you believe are truly "just history."

To be frank, the Bible itself is a translation of a translation of a translation that was edited because a certain king wanted it to say something else, which was then translated in a different language, which was translated again, yadda yadda yadda. Who knows how close the modern day Bible is to the original. They can barely translate video games from Japanese to English properly, I don't even wanna know how convoluted the Kings James Bible is. Hell, the fact that it says "King James Version" on it means "This is not the original document." I guess I just can't take anything that the world's longest game of Telephone says seriously.

Not when it affects my life in such a big way.

I'm probably quite a bit different than most Christians on this forum. I believe that God put most of what I need to know into me at birth. The bible is very important, very .. but the translation thing never bothered me. If there is no all-powerful God, if He doesn't exist, it's moot. However, if He does exist, I'm confident He can handle this whole translation thingie and will make sure I get what I need when I seek Him.

You're absolutely right! Its what homophobic or anti-gay people see. They need a little more "professional" representation, if you ask me. I have gay friends that would take part in such a thing. People would flip if there was a straight parade, but that would be very linear and boring as hell.

Marriage "equality" will eventually come to everyone one day.

I agree with this completely, btw.

Oh Jesus..people saying it's a choice. I totally chose to be attracted to women and repulsed by the thought of being romantically involved with a man when I was born.

Here, give me a second. I'm going to choose to be attracted to men now.

I have no problem with gay marriage. Im for it.
I have no problem with gay people either. Just a quick tangent though: I know a few gay people and they all tell me that they just want to be accepted and a normal part of society etc etc.

Then they have these gay pride parades and put on sex slave costumes, dress in drag, wear speedos and generally act as wierd and freaky as they possibly can. Why do they act like that? It just makes most straight people dislike gays to see them behave that way. Seems like people get more and more accepting of the gay community and then they have one of those parades and take destroy some of that acceptance by the strange behavior.
By the way i dont think the gay pride parades are frowned upon by most straight people because the people in the parade are gay, even if it was a straight pride parade and people were acting like that it would rub me the wrong way.(no pun intended)

Pride events make a lot of sense if you put yourself in my shoes. I live in St George, Utah. Its a pretty small city if you've ever visited. From what I can tell, I see maybe one gay person a day-- if that.

When I go to Pride, though... EVERYONE is gay. I hate using the word 'normal' in this context, but whatever, I'll say it anyway-- it makes me feel NORMAL for once. I can hold hands with a guy, and no one turns their head-- well, they do, because I'm adorable-- but no one snickers, no one sneers. I can check a guy out, wink, and not get punched in the face. Its just a chance for gay people to feel alive, just once a year. Admittedly, people go overboard, wear only underwear, get too drunk, maybe trash up the place-- but such is to be expected when you only have one weekend per year to just be yourself and have a good time.

For the most part though, gay people are just that-- people that are gay. You probably pass by tons of gay dudes every day without realizing it. The only reason you associate 'flamboyant' and 'homosexual' is because those are the only homosexuals you actually notice. When you come across a non-flamboyant homosexuals like myself, your first reaction is 'normal guy'. You have no idea I'm gay when you meet me. You just see a guy who maybe pays a little too much attention to his hair.

Yeah, but having no intention to stop drinking isn't any different than saying that. (not saying that's you--I really have no idea how much you drink or whatever--but it seems like lots of Christians are that way).

My point wasn't that that makes it okay .. quite the opposite actually. My point is the moral compass seems to be more in play with the sinner on some things more than others.

Oh Jesus..people saying it's a choice. I totally chose to be attracted to women and repulsed by the thought of being romantically involved with a man when I was born.

Here, give me a second. I'm going to choose to be attracted to men now.

Call me, maybe?

If I do that to women, I get punched in the face.

Seriously, the biggest perk to being gay is the whole male attraction game is a lot less childish than the female attraction game.

And yes, I know I made a big no-no by stereotyping women as childish when dating, but whatever. I went there. Come at me, bro.

I'm on east coast time, so it's getting more early than late.

Xsy, thanks for the respectful conversation.

Cyrone - thanks for dropping by and adding a couple of totally useless jpeg's.

spycam - when I wake up I want you to be off my jock. ;)

Pride events make a lot of sense if you put yourself in my shoes. I live in St George, Utah. Its a pretty small city if you've ever visited. From what I can tell, I see maybe one gay person a day-- if that.

When I go to Pride, though... EVERYONE is gay. I hate using the word 'normal' in this context, but whatever, I'll say it anyway-- it makes me feel NORMAL for once. I can hold hands with a guy, and no one turns their head-- well, they do, because I'm adorable-- but no one snickers, no one sneers. I can check a guy out, wink, and not get punched in the face. Its just a chance for gay people to feel alive, just once a year. Admittedly, people go overboard, wear only underwear, get too drunk, maybe trash up the place-- but such is to be expected when you only have one weekend per year to just be yourself and have a good time.

For the most part though, gay people are just that-- people that are gay. You probably pass by tons of gay dudes every day without realizing it. The only reason you associate 'flamboyant' and 'homosexual' is because those are the only homosexuals you actually notice. When you come across a non-flamboyant homosexuals like myself, your first reaction is 'normal guy'. You have no idea I'm gay when you meet me. You just see a guy who maybe pays a little too much attention to his hair.

As i said in my post i know gay people and are friends with them. I think gay pride parades/festivals are a great idea, but couldn't there be gay pride parades where you get together and hold hands and have some beers, wine coolers, mixed drinks maybe dance around a bit, sing.... just not so over-the-top and as you said flamboyant. I just think that the gay community would be better serving thier cause for equality/acceptance if they toned it down a bit.

I actually have straight friends that go to pride, and maybe i would even go but there is just too much wierd **** going on.

Whatever, Cyrone's best post was definitely the LeBron Bible joke-- no jpegs included.

As i said in my post i know gay people and are friends with them. I think gay pride parades/festivals are a great idea, but couldn't there be gay pride parades where you get together and hold hands and have some beers, wine coolers, mixed drinks maybe dance around a bit, sing.... just not so over-the-top and as you said flamboyant. I just think that the gay community would be better serving thier cause for equality/acceptance if they toned it down a bit.

Yeah, not gonna happen. It's like asking Lakers fans to not riot in the streets and tip cars over and loot businesses after their team frickin' wins the championship. Its illogical that they do it, but its never going to change.

Lol I didn't mean to attack you or anything...you're just the only one on your side of the argument who is awake atm, so there was no one else to interview.

Seriously, the biggest perk to being gay is the whole male attraction game is a lot less childish than the female attraction game.

And yes, I know I made a big no-no by stereotyping women as childish when dating, but whatever. I went there. Come at me, bro.

The point I was making was that you're no different than the rest of us. Being advanced on by someone you're in no way attracted to often times elicits a negative response. I need a damn parade so that I can hit on women with no fear of rejection.

btw .. too late, but I have a pretty funny story about a hotel I bought about 15 years ago in Miami .. and I went to go meet the staff. Had no idea they were all gay, but they laughed at me hysterically as I kept trying to find the right terminology (once they let me in they were all gay). I said, 'look folks' ...wrong. I can't remember what all I said but it was actually a funny 3 or 4 hours of meetings.. until I left to never return.