What's new

What's The Last Movie You’ve Seen?

Finally got a chance to watch Mother!

Directed by Darren Anorofsky (Black Swan), and I liked Black Swan so this was intriguing to say the least. Started off VERY promising. Star studded, and it did made me think, I give it that. But the last 3/4 it just all went to custard and never recovered. It did have a message, but it was drummed so hard the whole time my ear drum nearly exploded.

If I had to sum it up in 1 phrase it would be: "It's an indulgent piece of you know what, and I wouldn't watch it again. Ever".

"The Man Who Invented Christmas"

Loved it. It was an interesting take on Charles Dickens' writing of A Christmas Carol. Recommend for anyone who is familiar with the story. It would probably be rather dull for anyone who doesn't know it well as much of it involves insider jokes/situations.

The Trailer for the Jurassic World sequel came out. It looks like a good waste of a Saturday afternoon.

The Trailer for the Jurassic World sequel came out. It looks like a good waste of a Saturday afternoon.
I was not a big fan of Jurassic World. For once, I didn't like Chris Pratt's character (he needed harassment training). But I'm a sucker for dinosaurs, so I'll probably see it anyway.

I took my son to see Coco. It was a greatest, most predictable movie I can remember. Sadly, I was forced to watch a 30 minute Frozen short movie before and had to explain to my son why we had to stay for two movies.

Star Wars - The Last Jedi

Absolutely fantastic. Bravo. Cannot fault it at all. Have to see it again.

I have also viewed the movie. It was intense, funny, surprising and a great watch, overall.

However,

There are things in this movie that are going to be picked apart to hell. It had some pacing issues at times where it felt like scenes that were inter-cut didn't mesh well timeline wise. Due to the inter-cutting, some plot set pieces that, in real-time, should have been done and over in a matter of seconds went on for minutes.

Story choices and the answers and non-answers to the questions that JJ Abrams asked in The Force Awakens are definitely going to irk some people. In fact, I can see it happening already. For me, I liked the subversion of these popular expectations. On the other hand, Some might feel, justifiably, that there were some opportunities missed or even intentionally dodged.

Brawl in Cell Block 99

Holy **** that movie is brutal. Best acting job Vince Vaughn has ever done.
Ya I watched that. Pretty good.
Gory as ****. Stomping on heads and ****

I am super stoked for "The Terror" series coming out in March. GOT fans sure remember Ciaran Hinds...I think he is an amazing actor and this short trailer looks intense as hell.

Dunkirk. Hated it. Probably partly due to watching on my phone and also i couldn't understand a lot of the dialogue (there isn't much) due to the accents.

Watching Mother now.... About halfway through and really liking it so far.

I am super stoked for "The Terror" series coming out in March. GOT fans sure remember Ciaran Hinds...I think he is an amazing actor and this short trailer looks intense as hell.

Ciaran Hinds was great in Rome as well. This looks promising.

Reactions: MVP
Dunkirk. Hated it. Probably partly due to watching on my phone and also i couldn't understand a lot of the dialogue (there isn't much) due to the accents.

Watching Mother now.... About halfway through and really liking it so far.

Yep. Dunkirk sucked. The dialogue was almost completely unintelligible due to Nolan pumping up the music. There was no backstory (other than some terribly cheesy and hollow text at the beginning) as to what exactly was going on in the war and so forth. Some of the plot made no sense to me. Like how we’re all these Allies on the beach and yet the Germans (or whomever, I forget) were shooting through that beached boat in which dudes were hiding for their lives? Where the hell were these Germans at to be able to do that without the Good guys knowing and shooting back? Also, how the hell would be a boat with all those holes in it carry out to sea that far? I’m assuming it happened in real life but who knows. Also, there was very little to show how these townspeople got together to save these dudes. An awful script and sound. I did like Murphy in it quite a bit and loved the aerial scenes as they were gorgeous and sweeping and felt original and like something cinematically original, though I’m sure they weren’t totally though I can’t think of any plane sequences in war other than Tora, Tora, Tora!

Last Jedi sounds awful pretty much by everyone. Maybe I’ll see it in a couple weeks and judge for myself.

Last Jedi sounds awful pretty much by everyone. Maybe I’ll see it in a couple weeks and judge for myself.
I have only heard good things about it but it seems people are divided. I guess they went with a original plot as opposed to Force Awakens and fans got upset over it. Well, people got upset over Force Awakens as well. Gotta see it.