What's new

Who do you side with?

I just retook this with the updated candidates. My results were 97% Clinton and 8% Trump. The others were scattered between the two with Stein coming in a close second and that Mormon guy that has gotten attention for some odd reason coming in really low at 28%.

Evan McMullin? That's who I'm currently planning to vote for. He's a good option for those of us who can't stand Trump nor Clinton, and whose views on the issues are moderate/conservative.

Evan McMullin? That's who I'm currently planning to vote for. He's a good option for those of us who can't stand Trump nor Clinton, and whose views on the issues are moderate/conservative.

Yes, that is the guy. So people are voting for him because he is extremely conservative, Mormon and not Climton/Trump? I guess I just dont see the appeal of him or why he has gotten any attention running as an independent. I just looked up and watched a few videos of him being interviewed he seemed perfectly fine and nice. He mentioned his religion and how that shapes his decisions as part of almost everyone of his decisions. Based off that I am guessing he is just popular among Mormons and no one else? Is he planning to run for a position in Utah and just getting his name out there?

Yes, that is the guy. So people are voting for him because he is extremely conservative, Mormon and not Climton/Trump?

Mormon has nothing to do with it, or at least not for me. I got interested in him before I even knew his religion, or that he had Utah ties. And I wouldn't say "extremely conservative", I'd say "moderately conservative". His stances on a number of issues (immigration, refugees, global warming, foreign policy, etc.) are more mainstream than e.g. the Tea Party movement. But yeah, the "not Clinton/Trump" thing is huge. If there were another candidate who is an alternative to Clinton & Trump I knew of, that was moderately conservative--or even moderate, period--I'd certainly give them consideration.

I guess I just dont see the appeal of him or why he has gotten any attention running as an independent. I just looked up and watched a few videos of him being interviewed he seemed perfectly fine and nice. He mentioned his religion and how that shapes his decisions as part of almost everyone of his decisions. Based off that I am guessing he is just popular among Mormons and no one else?

Last I heard he was polling at 2-3% nationwide, which is well behind Johnson but ahead of Jill Stein. So it's got to be more than just Mormons. Seems to me that he's the logical choice for all of the Republicans who for various reasons can't or won't support Trump.

Is he planning to run for a position in Utah and just getting his name out there?

Don't know what his future plans are. He's never been in politics before. From the interviews I've seen, it sounds like he himself was a "never Trump"er, who got fed up with having no good alternative, so when people approached him about a possible run he said yes.

I just did it again and was 94% Evan.

From the article, "Also, a majority of voters statewide and specifically Mormons, as well as a near majority of Republicans, say Trump should drop out of the race, according to the poll."

I've never been so proud of my adopted state.

Evan gives conservatives a choice they can be more comfortable with as he seems like a decent guy, which is sorely lacking in this election cycle. Too conservative for my tastes, since I've apparently become even more liberal than I thought, based on my new taking of the survey. Most of my family seems to be leaning toward Evan or writing in Mitt.

Jill Stein 90%
Hillary Clinton 86%
Rocky De La Fuente 71% (who?)
Gary Johnson 49%
Evan McMullin 30%
Donald Trump 15%
Darrell Castle 15% (who?)

I've been planning to vote Jill Stein, but lately I'm considering Hillary since it might actually matter in Utah for a change.

Evan gives conservatives a choice they can be more comfortable with as he seems like a decent guy, which is sorely lacking in this election cycle. Too conservative for my tastes, since I've apparently become even more liberal than I thought, based on my new taking of the survey. Most of my family seems to be leaning toward Evan or writing in Mitt.

Jill Stein 90%
Hillary Clinton 86%
Gary Johnson 49%
Evan McMullin 30%
Donald Trump 15%

I've been planning to vote Jill Stein, but lately I'm considering Hillary since it might actually matter in Utah for a change.

Cool. 15% of you agrees with the Donald.

Jill Stein 90%
Hillary Clinton 86%
Gary Johnson 49%
Evan McMullin 30%
Donald Trump 15%

Does your family realize that their write in vote of Mitt literally will not be counted?

They don't want to leave the ballot blank for President, so it will make them feel better.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using JazzFanz mobile app
I can understand the desire or need to vote for someone, but it will count the same as leaving it blank. A vote for Romney will literally not be counted, per state law.

I can understand the desire or need to vote for someone, but it will count the same as leaving it blank. A vote for Romney will literally not be counted, per state law.
I'll let them know. It shouldn't be hard to swing them in the McMillan direction. I'm tempted to vote for him if there's a chance he can carry Utah because that would be awesome.

I just looked it up to see if you were right about write in votes in Utah (I'm a skeptic). Here's what I found.

"A write-in candidate must file a declaration of candidacy no later than 30 days before the election."

So Romney has missed the deadline here, but it would have been possible. Interesting.

I got Green's Jill Stein ... LOL ... 65%

2666631760.jpg

I just looked it up to see if you were right about write in votes in Utah (I'm a skeptic). Here's what I found.

"A write-in candidate must file a declaration of candidacy no later than 30 days before the election."

So Romney has missed the deadline here, but it would have been possible. Interesting.

NEVER doubt me.