What's new

Who gets waived?

Which player(s) will be waived before the season starts?

• Butler

Votes: 31 35.2%
  • Dok

Votes: 25 28.4%
  • NAW

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Bolmaro

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • Stanley Johnson

Votes: 27 30.7%
  • Saben Lee

Votes: 53 60.2%
  • Gay

Votes: 44 50.0%

• Total voters

Jingled

2019 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
I really hope Bolmaro makes the team. I think he has a lot of potential, especially if he can become a halfway decent shooter. He has good ballhandling and passing skills for his size, and he seems to be a solid defender.

Last edited:

homeytennis

I've heard nothing at all about Saben Lee. If there's an article you've seen, would you mind posting a link?

The buzz I've heard is:
- NAW playing with confidence and shooting well.
- Beasley being the best shooter.
- Fontecchio scoring the ball in more recent practices.
- Bolmaro shooting well in drills.
- Olynyk being a good facilitator.
- Conley being solid.
- Agbaji showing high-end athleticism.
- Vanderbilt showing length and athleticism on defense.
Jazz content has done a feature on THT and appeared to be doing one on NAW. Locke has also been gassing up NAW a bit.
I can't find it at the moment but will keep looking. It stated that he was happy to be in Utah, he was looking forward to playing time and a new start, talked about his impressive GLeague stats and that he and Trent Forrest are cousins.

Jingled

2019 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
Probably not a good sign for Bolmaro, Lee and Johnson that they didn't even get on the floor in the first pre-season game. Butler also didn't do himself any favors with his poor performance.

framer

Probably not a good sign for Bolmaro, Lee and Johnson that they didn't even get on the floor in the first pre-season game. Butler also didn't do himself any favors with his poor performance.

I'd rather be in their position than Butler's. I think Dok and Butler are gone and probably Lee, I'm actually thinking Johnson might stick. . .

Coach Ellis

Give up no 2nds.
Normally, I’m with you on this one. . . but if they can make a trade like Houston/OKC did and give up a 2nd to get an expiring contract or a young reclamation project - I’d probably do it to move off of the last year of Gay’s contract.

If they can buy him out, that would be preferable, but he really does need to go.