What's new

Who is More Expendable: Clarkson or Bogey?

Who Would You Rather Trade?

• Clarkson

• Bogey

Results are only viewable after voting.
I do not like trading with the LAL but Kuzma and Clarkson contract's are pretty close to the same.

Kuzma's value might be at an all time low (yeah early in his career) and Clarkson's has never been higher.

This is hard. I wonder if we could move Bogey to bench if we traded JC since they get back equal value. Adding some defense and size to frontcourt is more urgent.

I like JC but he doesn't pressure the rim at all. It becomes easier to pick him up and force us to play through him. He is also probably the worst defender on the team alongside Mitchell.

Bogey could be staggered and match with Rudy instead of Niang for the death line-up but I don't think he would be that willing to come off the bench even if his minutes stay about the same.

Turning Bogey into Harrison Barnes interest me, but Barnes advanced defensive stats have always been bad, even when he was on the Warriors. Not sure it's really an upgrade, but he is a bit more versatile offensively and the Jazz could take his game to the next level and *possibly* (long-shot here) into Hayward levels.
They wouldn't do Barnes... they wanted the world for him at the trade deadline. He'd help on the glass and is a bit more versatile... agree.

I think if you move Bogey you might look at a guy like Rudy Gay for the mini-MLE. Depends on what you got for him.

I could see Dallas being interested either for Kleber or Richardson (they'd pack his bags). Josh has gotten so bad though... he peaked when everyone thought he was rising. Kleber makes less and can do the stretch 5 and survive at the 4 alongside Rudy... IDK its kinda hard to move any of these guys.

Clarkson for me and it's not even close. Dude uses way too many possessions. So much dribbling and shooting and so little passing. He's an inefficient chucker...took 16 shots a game this season in only 26 minutes, shot 42.5% and 34% from 3, in the playoffs he shot 40.5% and 35% from 3. He also had a net rating in the playoffs of -7.6, only Favors and Oni were worse.

He's also 3 years younger than Bogey, makes less money per year and is the reigning 6th man of the year, so I would think he has a higher trade value. To me it's a no brainer.
His trade value is at an all time high. Even though he drove me nuts during the playoffs. You can tell mentally he wasn't there and seems to miss a wide open team member more often than not. Though, I think finding someone who can come off the bench and score nearly as much as he can would be hard.

They wouldn't do Barnes... they wanted the world for him at the trade deadline. He'd help on the glass and is a bit more versatile... agree.

I think if you move Bogey you might look at a guy like Rudy Gay for the mini-MLE. Depends on what you got for him.

I could see Dallas being interested either for Kleber or Richardson (they'd pack his bags). Josh has gotten so bad though... he peaked when everyone thought he was rising. Kleber makes less and can do the stretch 5 and survive at the 4 alongside Rudy... IDK its kinda hard to move any of these guys.
Josh Richardson is a guy I would 100% buy low on

Josh Richardson is a guy I would 100% buy low on
I loved him before... please tell me why you would buy low on him.

Here's my case... In Dallas its hard to play with Luka because he always controls the ball... it was also a complete **** show this last year.

In Philly they had no shooting and were running with Embiid, Horford, and Simmons...

Maybe he gets better on a normal team that shares the ball and has some spacing?

I loved him before... please tell me why you would buy low on him.

Here's my case... In Dallas its hard to play with Luka because he always controls the ball... it was also a complete **** show this last year.

In Philly they had no shooting and were running with Embiid, Horford, and Simmons...

Maybe he gets better on a normal team that shares the ball and has some spacing?
Because the Jazz have to find value somewhere and Richardson seems like a guy who just had a down year. He fits some Jazz needs in terms of getting more athletic and defensive minded.

Our bench needs all of the fire power we can get. I love what Bojan brings but age and need would steer me towards moving him over Clarkson.

Because the Jazz have to find value somewhere and Richardson seems like a guy who just had a down year. He fits some Jazz needs in terms of getting more athletic and defensive minded.
Well I do think Dallas would do that deal... still leaves them some cap space and Bojan can fill in should Hardaway leave.

Josh Richardson? Lmao. The guy can’t play the sport.

If you’re gonna trade Bogey, you gotta get a 1st rounder out of it. Or a 3 and d guy with some size like DFS. Or both. Not a guard with a ****** handle and shot.

I think clarkson is more expendable. And he pisses me off more often.
Bogey is bigger, a better shooter, spaces the floor better and doesn't need the ball, is more efficient, and a better defender.

With all due respect, I couldn’t vote for either as they are both equally valuable IMO. It’s true to some extent that both are works in progress but they both have very strong work ethics and will only continue to get better.
Favors is the most expendable right now. Not because of any shortcomings but because we drafted Doke. Doke in my opinion is that rare prospect that needs to be developed now and not neglected.

With all due respect, I couldn’t vote for either as they are both equally valuable IMO. It’s true to some extent that both are works in progress but they both have very strong work ethics and will only continue to get better.
Favors is the most expendable right now. Not because of any shortcomings but because we drafted Doke. Doke in my opinion is that rare prospect that needs to be developed now and not neglected.

I'd like to believe that Dok could score on Reggie Jackson if he had that mismatch.

I'd like to believe that Dok could score on Reggie Jackson if he had that mismatch.
Doke can seal off the post, catch, and lay the ball in or dunk. Rudy just has never been that guy.

I didn't like the pick of Udoka... I hate it now with the Favs deal. I would like to see him at least given a chance.