What's new

Why the democratic party is in trouble

Do not use the Lord's name in vain Stoked. Just trying to save you some eternal pain. Your welcome.

Don’t support Trump. Just tying to save you from yourself. You’re* welcome.

Don’t worry, Jesus agrees with me.

What I want is an extremely streamlined process that allows in a realistic number of people who are currently entering illegally to fill jobs that otherwise would go unfilled. I want to let in people who are NOT criminals. And that's my primary criteria.

Damn near word for word what President Trump's position on immigration and border security is. He has stated many times that he wants people to come to the country and be productive but he wants them to do it legally. When you have real border security you can allow people to come legally, it's therefore a lot easier to deter criminals from passing through unchecked.

Also, just like the great republican demise under Obama, this current D “demise” is fake news. They’re doing fine.

Shouldn’t we want a battle of ideas so the cream rises to the top? Down with toeing party lines.

Damn near word for word what President Trump's position on immigration and border security is. He has stated many times that he wants people to come to the country and be productive but he wants them to do it legally. When you have real border security you can allow people to come legally, it's therefore a lot easier to deter criminals from passing through unchecked.
I want to allow A LOT MORE people in legally and I want the wait to be hours, not days, not weeks. And I think if you do that you don't need any more border security, I think you need much much less.

Aw, quit you are embarrassing me. I knew I was perfect, but I did not expect Gameface to admit it. You guy/gals are so much fun!
And Trump and the Republican Party is not -- they are not merely oblivious but absolutely clueless morons like the people who support them.

I want to allow A LOT MORE people in legally and I want the wait to be hours, not days, not weeks. And I think if you do that you don't need any more border security, I think you need much much less.

I don't disagree necessarily. I think maybe a 24-48 hour time frame is more realistic.

The wall is meant as a criminal deterrent and a way to funnel potential immigrants to the correct point of entry.

I don't disagree necessarily. I think maybe a 24-48 hour time frame is more realistic.

The wall is meant as a criminal deterrent and a way to funnel potential immigrants to the correct point of entry.
And the result will be that it will kill people. The fencing that has already been placed along the border is estimated to have contributed to over 10,000 human deaths.

But that's their own damn fault, why should we care.

If Republicans wanted a wall* they would have built one when they had full control. They want a divisive issue to stump on.

*wall being symbolic of fixing the entire border issue.

And the result will be that it will kill people. The fencing that has already been placed along the border is estimated to have contributed to over 10,000 human deaths.

But that's their own damn fault, why should we care.

Is the current entry point to come in to the country legally a secret location? So yes, it is in fact their own fault for not choosing the correct way to come into the country, just like the guy trying to swim the Rio Grande.

Border points of entry to countries all over the world are very clearly identified and recognizable.

If Republicans wanted a wall* they would have built one when they had full control. They want a divisive issue to stump on.

*wall being symbolic of fixing the entire border issue.

Divisive? The last 4 presidents have all stumped about the fact that we have major issues at the border and need to beef up security and deterrent measures to stymie that. As our old buddy Obama said, we cannot allow unchecked, undocumented people to pour in without properly vetting first.

I strongly prefer discussions with AlaskanAssassin/colton/Jazz Spazz/Jason, for example, to left-wing loonies.

I went to dinner recently with some work people and the conversation turned political. I typically refrain from talking about politics at work, but I did say that I don't think the government should have the power to tell two consenting adults that they can't get married, or to bail out insolvent banks (as examples showing that government is too large and powerful). The person proceeded to call me a "left-wing loonie".

I guess I'm so far right I'm left.

I went to dinner recently with some work people and the conversation turned political. I typically refrain from talking about politics at work, but I did say that I don't think the government should have the power to tell two consenting adults that they can't get married, or to bail out insolvent banks (as examples showing that government is too large and powerful). The person proceeded to call me a "left-wing loonie".

I guess I'm so far right I'm left.

You can support bailing out a failing banking system and regulating the hell out of them from a "right wing" perspective while still holding onto those invisible hand preferences. I do.

Divisive? The last 4 presidents have all stumped about the fact that we have major issues at the border and need to beef up security and deterrent measures to stymie that. As our old buddy Obama said, we cannot allow unchecked, undocumented people to pour in without properly vetting first.

Both parties want the issue to remain divisive. How would politicians run a campaign without having things that appear to be endlessly broken and in need of their fixing?

FWIW, I believe the Democrats have been full of **** for 30 years. They want open borders but are now just showing their true desire. They knew they could drag feet and lie long enough that it becomes more acceptable.

FWIW, I believe the Democrats have been full of **** for 30 years. They want open borders but are now just showing their true desire. They knew they could drag feet and lie long enough that it becomes more acceptable.
I actually think Obama 100% meant what he said back in 2005:
“We simply cannot allow people to pour into the United States undetected, undocumented, unchecked, and circumventing the line of people who are waiting patiently, diligently, and lawfully to become immigrants in this country.”

At the time, this seemed non-controversial and had (probably) almost universal agreement. I have no idea what changed.

“We simply cannot allow people to pour into the United States undetected, undocumented, unchecked, and circumventing the line of people who are waiting patiently, diligently, and lawfully to become immigrants in this country.”

At the time, this seemed non-controversial and had (probably) almost universal agreement. I have no idea what changed.

Really? You have no idea? I can give you three things off the top of my head.

1. Rise in Latino population
2. Political expediency
3. Trump is nothing like Obama, taking one quote by Obama and using that push back on Trumps history of noise on the issue is a bad look.

Here's what changed...

Trump basking in chants of "Build the Wall! Build the Wall! Build the Wall!" While saying extraordinary offensive things about people coming across our southern border. Like that they are the worst those countries have to offer, they are the rapists, drug dealers, murderers, and maybe possible a few of them are nice people.

He turned border security into something not really about having an orderly process for allowing people in, but about keeping latinos out because they will come here and rape our women, get our kids hooked on drugs, murder you in the streets and infest our cities with MS13 gang members.

Oh he's not racist. But man, racists sure do love the **** out of his message. For some crazy reason the things he says really resonate with actual racists. It really gets them energized and feeling legitimized. So much so that they start telling people speaking Spanish in public that we speak English here, if you want to speak Spanish then go back where you came from (unclear if they meant go and then come back, so it's hard to know if they're being racist when they say that).

That's what changed.

He probably did, considering his executive actions. Either way, Democrats running for president or not wanting to adversely effect the party nationwide in the past have had to take against illegal immigration whether they wanted to or not. I'm no longer sure that's the case and true colors can be shown.

Both parties want the issue to remain divisive. How would politicians run a campaign without having things that appear to be endlessly broken and in need of their fixing?

Fair enough. I can't dispute any of that at all and I agree with you.