What's new

Will Hayward replace Davis in the AS game?

Shouldn't Mike Conley be included in this discussion. Although he scores slightly less per game, his stats are right there with the other guys, and for those arguing that record should be a factor, he plays for the best team.

He is averaging 17.4. 3.3, 5.4 and 1.2 (46%, 41% and 86%)

WAR 3.87
RPM 2.35
PER 20.00
BPM 1.4
VORP 2.1
WS 5.2
TS% .574

Obviously as a Jazz homer I would love to see Gordon added, and I think he deserves it. But I really like the "chip on his shoulder" way Gordon has played since being left off the all star roster was announced. So I wouldn't be heart broken if he was left out this year if the Brow doesn't play.

Crazy how deep the West is team and individual talent wise this year.

Shouldn't Mike Conley be included in this discussion. Although he scores slightly less per game, his stats are right there with the other guys, and for those arguing that record should be a factor, he plays for the best team.

He is averaging 17.4. 3.3, 5.4 and 1.2 (46%, 41% and 86%)

WAR 3.87
RPM 2.35
PER 20.00
BPM 1.4
VORP 2.1
WS 5.2
TS% .574

Obviously as a Jazz homer I would love to see Gordon added, and I think he deserves it. But I really like the "chip on his shoulder" way Gordon has played since being left off the all star roster was announced. So I wouldn't be heart broken if he was left out this year if the Brow doesn't play.

Yeah, I thought of Conley as well, and he is close to these guys on a very good team. You might even throw, gulp, Randolph into the conversation. Dudes an underrated defender, monster rebounder, and pretty damn good on offense with good numbers.

Crazy how deep the West is team and individual talent wise this year.

Dwight Howard isn't even mentioned. Then you have probably 5-8 players after the players already selected who are really good, but not on a superstar level anymore/yet. Thinks Spurs, Grizzlies, Mavericks.

I don't have a problem with valuing wins before stats with regard to an event such as this. Fans of basketball should hope that the league tries to incentivize good basketball over gawdy numbers in crap situations. That's not to say that all players that produce on bad teams are themselves undeserving, but the incentive of playing winning basketball needs to win out most of the time regardless.

Hayward shouldn't get in over either of those guys. Demarcus Cousins notwithstanding.

considering that there has been no talk whatsoever about Hayward being in the mix would make me think that he's not going to make it. I'm pretty sure Cousins and Lillard were chosen due to being the next on the list from the coaches.

Everyone saw Cousins and Lillard as the two completely obvious snubs.

I don't think that the choice has any bearing on Hayward's selection.

We do not know who was the coaches third-in-line, it could have been Hayward. It would not surprise me. He gets a lot of love from coaches and has a balanced game that coaches love (versus a one- dimensional scoring machine that may be more loved by fans)

Because he's played better than them this year would be the conventional answer. The only reason they should pick those two over Hayward is team record or lifetime achievement considerations. I don't think Duncan deserved to be an AS this year, but his lifetime greatness prevailed etc.

In the last couple of weeks, Hayward has definitely been playing the best of the three.

Because he's played better than them this year would be the conventional answer. The only reason they should pick those two over Hayward is team record or lifetime achievement considerations. I don't think Duncan deserved to be an AS this year, but his lifetime greatness prevailed etc.

Since when has all-star picks been just about individual play with no regard to team record?

Hell, even without putting team record into the equation, going by stats alone it'd be hard to make a case for Hayward. And if it wasn't for the last 10 games, it would be even more difficult.

Hayward will be an all-star, but he should earn it first by either:
A) playing consistently well (like how he has in the past 10 games) for the whole season
B) have a better team record

Until then, saying Hayward should be an all-star is just homerism

Since when has all-star picks been just about individual play with no regard to team record?

Hell, even without putting team record into the equation, going by stats alone it'd be hard to make a case for Hayward. And if it wasn't for the last 10 games, it would be even more difficult.

Hayward will be an all-star, but he should earn it first by either:
A) playing consistently well (like how he has in the past 10 games) for the whole season
B) have a better team record

Until then, saying Hayward should be an all-star is just homerism

1. You seem to be trolling.
2. "The last ten" is about 20% of the games played so far.
3. You obviously haven't read any of the posts in this thread.
4. You seem to have not read the post that you quoted, where I mention team record.
5. You have spouted off platitudes that add as much substance to the conversation as a Jello-Pudding foundation would add support to a skyscraper.

In short, "what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this [forum] is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

1. You seem to be trolling.
2. "The last ten" is about 20% of the games played so far.
3. You obviously haven't read any of the posts in this thread.
4. You seem to have not read the post that you quoted, where I mention team record.
5. You have spouted off platitudes that add as much substance to the conversation as a Jello-Pudding foundation would add support to a skyscraper.

In short, "what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this [forum] is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

I'm just going to respond to the part of this quote in which you are not trolling me:

2. 20% does not equal 100%.
4. You do mention team record in your second sentence. However, in the very next sentence you say that you think other factors such as team record shouldn't decide who deserves it, using Duncan as an example.

So basically you're in denial of reality.

If you're not in denial, then you are admitting that you are a homer since you know very well that team record and other factors contribute to who deserves to be an all-star pick, which would mean a Mav's player deserves it.

Bump. AD won't participate in the All-Star game because of his shoulder injury.