What's new

You're the GM this offseason. What do you do?

It depends on how close you think they are to a chip.

Remember the 2015(?) Hawks. They won 60 games. It was the right call to blow that thing up.

The Jazz had the third best net rating this year and were essentially a 58 win team. But this hides the fact they beat up on average/below average teams by giving them hidings - which boosted their net rating.

I think someone like Kemba would consider the Jazz if he were to forgo the massive contract Hornets could offer him. If he leaves, he will do it to win. Not to go to MSG etc.

Absolutely make changes and adjustments. But blowing up the team is such stupid thought excercise.

Don't skip steps. Don't overreact. Keep moving up. Which is exactly what we're doing.

No need to blow it up... need to churn some of the roster though... we need to find another good young guy through the draft or getting a guy who has fizzled out in his current location but still has potential.

Need to find our rip-off trade or free agent diamond in the rough... can’t keep 90% of the roster again and expect different results.

No need to blow it up... need to churn some of the roster though... we need to find another good young guy through the draft or getting a guy who has fizzled out in his current location but still has potential.

Need to find our rip-off trade or free agent diamond in the rough... can’t keep 90% of the roster again and expect different results.

For me redoing the players at the 1 is the best approach. We need out of Exum. No more Rubio. Brogdon and Walker come to mind. That alone will be massive. And time for Bradley to make that jump. Sefolosha can go.

I’d like O’Neale, Neto and Ingles to stick around.

For me redoing the players at the 1 is the best approach. We need out of Exum. No more Rubio. Brogdon and Walker come to mind. That alone will be massive. And time for Bradley to make that jump. Sefolosha can go.

I’d like O’Neale, Neto and Ingles to stick around.

We need some help on the perimeter in creating... can be a 1,2,3 idc. Brogdon would be great but I’m worried they would match anything.

Bradley can make a jump or two and still not be a meaningful addition. Grayson I have some hope that year two he can be a decent rotation guy... maybe more... who knows. White for SA had a pretty anonymous rookie year and has been huge.

Blowing it up is wishful thinking. We’re not a FA destination and would have such a difficult time getting back to 50 wins let alone take the next step like we hope.

Knowing that, Gobert, Mitchell, and O’Neale (contract) are my only must keeps.

We need some help on the perimeter in creating... can be a 1,2,3 idc. Brogdon would be great but I’m worried they would match anything.

Bradley can make a jump or two and still not be a meaningful addition. Grayson I have some hope that year two he can be a decent rotation guy... maybe more... who knows. White for SA had a pretty anonymous rookie year and has been huge.

Getting another guard is huge as it means they replace Rubio on the team. I said a 1 but should have said guard.

Out:
Rubio
Exum
Korver
Crowder

None of those guys really move the needle. Rubio is all over the place sometimes, Exum can't stay healthy, Korver is good for one thing only and usually that isn't the best use of roster space, especially at 7 a year. Crowder's shooting is a reason to let go of him. He's basically Rodney Hood out there. I'd even add Ingles to this list except he's the only one who can stay healthy and on the court to run the offense.

And then throw money at talent. Klay, Kemba, etc. Whoever is willing to listen and get paid.

our prayer is that Davis gets out and we go all in on Jrue Holiday. As it stands, I think that's our only chance. He's the only one who can actually pave a path of victory for us to get through both the Warriors and the Rockets. He's learned how to play super well off the ball, and would make for a great tandem with Donovan. Imagine Jrue riding his left hip instead of Rubio.

Short of Gobert, Mitchell, and Favors, I think I would throw anything and everything at them. If it took Favors, I'd be fine with it too. Same with Ingles-- as long as it meant we kept O'Neale, I'd be fine with it.

Get Conley, Jrue or Kemba and then jettison the rest except Rudy and DM, set the oven at 350 degrees and see how that Kake tastes.

Thank you Fish. Great breakdown.

I need to start using - "not worth trading" or "bad value trade" instead of "untouchable" when describing guys like O'Neale or Ingles.

And for the record, I think O'Neale is a very, very good player who is going to get better. He could maybe should be a starter as soon as next year. And at less than $2 million, he is such a bargain for us.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app
Ok that makes way more sense, I agree O'Neale is valuable because of his contract and Ingles does a lot of things that make him valuable to the Jazz too.

There's no reason to blow it up and trade away any member of the core of this group (that core being Gobert, Mitchell and Ingles). It is the pieces around that core that need to be adjusted. Adding another piece to that core this offseason is a MUST. No more growth from within talk. This current group reached it's ceiling last season.

Because winning 50 games a year doesn't mean **** when you get swept?

You don't blow up a 50 win team. That's insane. What you do is adjust, add pieces etc. You don't sell the farm.

We're 2 years into the rebuild. It's absolutely incredible where we are at. Give us a few more years and we’ll be legit contenders.

our prayer is that Davis gets out and we go all in on Jrue Holiday. As it stands, I think that's our only chance. He's the only one who can actually pave a path of victory for us to get through both the Warriors and the Rockets. He's learned how to play super well off the ball, and would make for a great tandem with Donovan. Imagine Jrue riding his left hip instead of Rubio.

Short of Gobert, Mitchell, and Favors, I think I would throw anything and everything at them. If it took Favors, I'd be fine with it too. Same with Ingles-- as long as it meant we kept O'Neale, I'd be fine with it.
I love Jrue, but I have a strong feeling that NOLA will actually improve over any of the Anthony Davis teams when they lineup with Jrue, Jaylen Brown, Tatum and Randle next year. If they got a rim protecting center, that team could evolve into something nasty.

We have 2 games left in the season and (in my opinion) we need a big blow up. Rudy will be 27 next season and we really need to maximize him before he 'may' want to leave.

So, what do you do?

Claim "our chemistry is really solid and we need another year to get healthy." Sign a 35+ year old vet, a g-leaguer, and a draft pick to call it a season?

Do you shoot for the stars and throw contracts out there for Kemba, Tobias, etc and hopefully land one?

Let's hear it.

I'd go for Kemba and open up the market to literally everyone on our team signed the following season not named donovan or rudy.
I'd call the pistons and offer favors, jae or ingles, exum, Allen, and this years pick and next years pick for Blake (should get it done). Probably sign neto again, get another backup on the cheap and fill in the rest with some shooters.

Kemba
Donovan
Ingles/jae
Blake
Rudy

That's a great starting lineup with still royce, neto, korver coming off the bench. We can create, Blake Kemba can score, gives us great spacing

Zero chance Kemba wants to live and work in SLC.

I love Jrue, but I have a strong feeling that NOLA will actually improve over any of the Anthony Davis teams when they lineup with Jrue, Jaylen Brown, Tatum and Randle next year. If they got a rim protecting center, that team could evolve into something nasty.

to much NBA 2k for you. That's something nasty?lmao. Umm okay whatever you say