What's new

You're the GM this offseason. What do you do?

1.Try to trade Exum: Exum + 1st 2019 jazz + swap rights 1st round 2020 x Louis Williams + Thornwell.
2. Forget top free agents wasting time.
3. Dedmon as reserve center.
4. Favors team option too expensive, dont execute it.
5. Look for cheap PF with goog 3p%. Wilson Chandler for example, or better.
6. Resign Ricky Rubio. A short contract, 1+1 type.
7.Gobert must waste his summer throwing threes. If our primary play is a Mitchell iso, like Anteto-Bucks, our center must stay outside the rim. All top centers in the league shot threes, Gobert no.

I was with you up until the part about keeping Rubio and changing everything that is great about gobert.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited:
Rubio RS stats:
12,7 pts, 6.7 ast, 0.311 3P%, 1.3 stl, 2.6 tov
Rubio Playoffs stats:
16 pts, 7.5 ast, 0.333 3P%, 3 stl, 2tov.

A player who is better in playoffs always on my team.
Take Ingles stats

I would let Rubio, Ekpe and Thabo walk. Draft a point guard with the 1st round pick. Give Bradley an opportunity to play with the varsity next year. Give the Stars players an opportunity to make the team like Willie Reed, Herpes, Reyes, Lyles and Cousins. Go sign a couple of seasoned vets that won't break the bank. I know this won't be popular but live and die with Exum.

Rubio RS stats:
12,7 pts, 6.7 ast, 0.311 3P%, 1.3 stl, 2.6 tov
Rubio Playoffs stats:
16 pts, 7.5 ast, 0.333 3P%, 3 stl, 2tov.

A player who is better in playoffs always on my team.
Take Ingles stats
Rubio in regular season attempted 10.7 shots per game.
Rubio in the playoffs this year has attempted 14.0 shots per game.
Could have something to do with the rockets wanting Rubio to get open looks, shoot the ball, and have high usage cause they know that Rubio scoring more is likely to equal jazz losses.
The opponent typically wants Rubio to shoot and wants Joe not to shoot.
The rockets have executed that strategy perfectly and have bliwn the jazz out while Rubio's numbers have increased.

Offensive win shares Rubio is dead last amongst our starters.
Defensive win shares Rubio is dead last amongst our starters.
VORP Rubio is dead last amongst our starters.

None of this is surprising btw

Win shares are dependent on games played a lot. Rubio played by the least games (68). Mitchell by the way is #4 in ws among starters. Is he #4 in terms of importance on the team for you?. No ? So shut up about those win shares.

Rubio in regular season attempted 10.7 shots per game.
Rubio in the playoffs this year has attempted 14.0 shots per game.
Could have something to do with the rockets wanting Rubio to get open looks, shoot the ball, and have high usage cause they know that Rubio scoring more is likely to equal jazz losses.
The opponent typically wants Rubio to shoot and wants Joe not to shoot.
The rockets have executed that strategy perfectly and have bliwn the jazz out while Rubio's numbers have increased.

Please, Joe has played like a scared bitjch. I'm really disappointed in his approach.

Last edited:
Win shares are dependent on games played a lot. Rubio played by the least games (68). Mitchell by the way is #4 in ws among starters. Is he #4 in terms of importance on the team for you?. No ? So shut up about those win shares.
Maybe Rubio should play more games then. (Just kidding, I like winning games)
Shut up

My off season plan as GM would be to...
1) Tell Mitchell he is moving to PG, so he can spend the summer appropriately (Even if I acquire a starting PG, Mitchell will still be my backup PG).

2) Acquire players I think could be fringe all-stars next year. Specifically, I would (In order of preference):
+ A) Trade for Holiday or Conley
+ B) Sign Harris to max (3+1 player option with a no trade clause)
+ C) Trade for Gallinari
+ D) Trade for Gordon Hayward (yes, I went there)
+ E) Offer Butler 3 year max

3) If none of the above are possible, I would next try to overpay for players who I think could be starters on a championship team and compliment Mitchell:
+ A) Trade for Gary Harris
+ B) Offer near max to Brogdon (overpay because RFA status)

4) Trade for players with high upside who I think are available and can grow into fringe all-stars:
+ A) Lonzo Ball
+ B) Winslow

5) Sign offensive players with whatever space I have left (Bogdanovic, Mirotic, Jabari, Randle, Austin Rivers).

Are worried that PJ Tucker is too strong for Joe?

I think Joe or Royce would make a great PF.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app
I think Joe and Royce could play some 4 and probably should (and should have already) I was simply saying that quin doesn't play them there. Ever. iirc

1) Tell Mitchell he is moving to PG, so he can spend the summer appropriately (Even if I acquire a starting PG, Mitchell will still be my backup PG).

2) Acquire players I think could be fringe all-stars next year. Specifically, I would (In order of preference):
+ C) Trade for Gallinari

3) If none of the above are possible, I would next try to overpay for players who I think could be starters on a championship team and compliment Mitchell:

4) Trade for players with high upside who I think are available and can grow into fringe all-stars:
+ A) Lonzo Ball
+ B) Winslow

5) Sign offensive players with whatever space I have left (Bogdanovic, Mirotic, Jabari, Randle, Austin Rivers).
I think that lavine should be somewhere in this post.

+ C) Trade for Gallinari

+ A) Lonzo Ball
+ B) Winslow

1) As much as I like Rubio, his game doesn't work with Quin's limited offense. I still think Mitchell is best tasked in the 2 position. I think if, and it is a big if, Exum is healthy and still on the team, we should start Exum and Mitchell in the backcourt. Exum needs to learn to shoot off the dribble this offseason. Task Korver with remaking him. (Or transfer Korver into Exum Get Out style).
2)
a)Who are you going to trade? Holiday would be a huge cost in assets and Memphis sounds like they want an overpay for Conley.
b)Tobias Harris isn't going to sign here. Maybe HeavenHarris, but no one wants that guy around.
c) Gallinari would be a good pickup. Maybe Mirotic or Marcus Morris in this role. Gallo would be a good grab. Wish we could have nabbed him when we lost Hayward.
d) Somewhere out there is a tree, tirelessly producing oxygen so that you can breathe. I think you owe it an apology.
e) Butler ain't coming here

3)
a) Any trade with the Nuggets tends to be good. Make it happen
b) There will be a lot of competition for Brogdon. He will probably get a max offer from someone

4) No.

5) Some of these could happen.

+ C) Trade for Gallinari

+ A) Lonzo Ball
+ B) Winslow

1. concur

A) I'm down, don't think they'd be interested in sending Conley here now
B) im down
C) Hard no. fragile and expensive. plus dealing with jerry west means getting ripped off
D) i'm one of the few that would be ok with it. he's still a perfect fit here, more so with Donovan as alpha dog
E) I don't want Jimmy Butler anywhere near this team. I usually think "headache" players get a bum rap
a lot, but I think he really would be a distraction and disrupt chemistry.

A) intriguing
B) strongly consider it

4. Nope to both

5. Yep yep

+ C) Trade for Gallinari

+ A) Lonzo Ball
+ B) Winslow

Justise Winslow would be an amazing get for us. We would have to take back some really challenging contracts though.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app