What's new

You're the GM this offseason. What do you do?

How much money did IT lose? Cousins? Doesn’t have to be career ending.
Cousins will get big money this year. I’ll give you IT, but let’s face it he’s tiny, and been in the league for 8-9 years whatever it is. Some guys just run out of steam earlier than others, and IT’s physical style isn’t doing a player of his stature any favors. I don’t think Harris would have that problem.

Cousins will get big money this year. I’ll give you IT, but let’s face it he’s tiny, and been in the league for 8-9 years whatever it is. Some guys just run out of steam earlier than others, and IT’s physical style isn’t doing a player of his stature any favors. I don’t think Harris would have that problem.

Nah... Cousins won't get a ton... just watch. Tobias could slip or get hurt... He has generational changing money on the table... not gonna pass that up just to come here. Sorry guys... it. ain't. happening.

It feels like DL has done a sub par job the last 12 months tbh. I don’t believe that the deal we made for Conley wouldn’t have worked at the deadline, and I don’t believe that overpaying Exum and Favors with the intention of keeping them was smart. Those three moves are going to tie our hands from getting a star level player in free agency. Maybe he’ll turn it around, but right now it feels like there would’ve been a golden opportunity to assemble a true contender and it’s passing us by. I hope he does something to make me feel stupid about saying this.

Tobias could sign a 4 year deal making $100+ million and about $15-20 million less than other teams over 4 years. He could make a ton more if he stayed with Philly, but we aren't in the financial conversation if Philly wants him at max and he wants them.

I just don't know how many teams are really going to offer Tobias Harris $32.7 million. I guess we will see.

Tobias could sign a 4 year deal making $100+ million and about $15-20 million less than other teams over 4 years. He could make a ton more if he stayed with Philly, but we aren't in the financial conversation if Philly wants him at max and he wants them.

I just don't know how many teams are really going to offer Tobias Harris $32.7 million. I guess we will see.
It only takes one.

Jazz have to creatively move on from Favors and Exum to get Tobias Harris. I’m hoping it happens, but I’m not holding my breath.

It feels like DL has done a sub par job the last 12 months tbh. I don’t believe that the deal we made for Conley wouldn’t have worked at the deadline, and I don’t believe that overpaying Exum and Favors with the intention of keeping them was smart. Those three moves are going to tie our hands from getting a star level player in free agency. Maybe he’ll turn it around, but right now it feels like there would’ve been a golden opportunity to assemble a true contender and it’s passing us by. I hope he does something to make me feel stupid about saying this.

Even if we had both off the books we don't have max money. Would I have preferred to do the deal at the trade deadline for Ricky/Exum and the stuff we put in the deal? Hell yes... but then we could have full MLE and BAE and kept Favs, Crowder, and Korver.

He hasn't been perfect, but we are in a great position right now... he didn't make the move that truly hamstrings us either. Let's see what he ends up doing in a week.

tobias will get a 5 year max offer from Philly... he will also get 2-3 teams that would gladly give him the 4 year max... I'd be willing to be LARGE sums of money on it.

I think only a sign and trade is possible to get Tobias on the Jazz. Other options would involve a reduction in pay. Is this likely? Only if Tobias pushes for it strongly which likely will not be the case.

Lol. K

tobias will get a 5 year max offer from Philly... he will also get 2-3 teams that would gladly give him the 4 year max... I'd be willing to be LARGE sums of money on it.

Outside of Philly, let's just go through the list:

Atlanta - Nope.

New York - Nope (report said today they will "punt" on using their cap space if they don't get a top notch free agent like Kawhi or KD)

Pacers - eh, maybe. Don't see that as a great fit with Sabonis and Turner and maybe Young there.

Clippers - Probably not gonna want to go back

Kings - I think he says No

Dallas - do they have max space? Are they even after Tobias?

Utah - we can give $29 millionish

You mean if he was paralyzed? How many career injuries have you seen?
It wouldn't even have to be career ending, it would just need to be severe enough that teams decide they don't want to pay him $30+ million because they worry about his performance and/or health. And yes, such injuries happen all the time. It's not a large probability event, but it's not zero. I mean, think if either of Kevin Durant's or Klay Thompson's injuries were to happen to Conley during this coming year's playoffs. How much money do you think he would get next summer?

Atlanta - Nope.

New York - Nope (report said today they will "punt" on using their cap space if they don't get a top notch free agent like Kawhi or KD)

Pacers - eh, maybe. Don't see that as a great fit with Sabonis and Turner and maybe Young there.

Brooklyn, Philly, and us. If KD goes to Brooklyn, I think you might be able to work out a three way sign and trade with Philly.

Atlanta - Nope.

I love when you do these because they are always very dismissive of real options. Pacers, Dallas, Kings all legit options... if you are going to assume we are able to clear 10M plus of bad salary so we can offer under $28M then don't you have to assume a handful of other teams could too?

Boston also can have max space by renouncing Rozier... Brooklyn may be the spot too. Clips might be legit too... they could still bring in Kawhi next year if they signed Tobi I believe... Gallo comes off the books. They moved Harris because they weren't sure they could offer him the max day one because of the Kawhi pursuit... not sure they think or don't think he's worth it... if Russell is considering going back to the Lakers why wouldn't Tobias consider going back to an old team.

Only takes one *******.

Tony Jones said today on the Bill Riley show that Mirotic, Bobby Portis, Danny Green, Rudy Gay and Trevor Ariza are all guy's the Jazz are interested in if they let Favors go. He said they're now evaluating if it makes more sense to sign one or two of those guys or to keep Favors.
I'd rather have Favors than any two of those guys outside of a combination of Mirotic/Portis/Green. I have no interest in Ariza or Gay. Ariza 3-5 years ago, sure. Never liked Rudy Gay.