What's new

You're the GM this offseason. What do you do?

As of today 6/25, I think our remaining off-season will be...

- keep Neto
- keep Favors
- sign Carroll or Green (Room MLE)
- keep Thabo

We will probably sign some other minimum contract type guy. Deng, Jerekbo, Caruso, somebody.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

- keep Neto
- keep Favors
- keep Thabo

We will probably sign some other minimum contract type guy. Deng, Jerekbo, Caruso, somebody.

Favors isn't a lock, per Tony Jones. I figure the Jazz can generate close to $26m by releasing Neto, Thabo, and Favors if I'm understanding the situation right. It literally depends on if the Jazz can find players in FA that will come in a team friendly contract that are better.

Favors isn't a lock, per Tony Jones. I figure the Jazz can generate close to $26m by releasing Neto, Thabo, and Favors if I'm understanding the situation right. It literally depends on if the Jazz can find players in FA that will come in a team friendly contract that are better.
I understand. I was just making my prediction as of today.

If we waive Neto, Favors, Rubio, Thabo, and Udoh, we have around $18 million after the Conley trade.

I understand. I was just making my prediction as of today.

If we waive Neto, Favors, Rubio, Thabo, and Udoh, we have around $18 million after the Conley trade.

Favors accounts for 17m of that and I think Udoh and Thabo have larger cap holds than what's accounted for there. The Jazz are telling Rubio to take a hike to make the numbers by work for Conley.

16-19m is basically the max we can get if we release everyone and trade Bradley into space.

Favors accounts for 17m of that and I think Udoh and Thabo have larger cap holds than what's accounted for there. The Jazz are telling Rubio to take a hike to make the numbers by work for Conley.

Not how it works.

The jazz should have done a sign and trade with Rubio for Sabonis and a pick. We could have gotten some key pieces if we did that with Rubio! And save a ton of money!

Really.... so why does Indiana do that when they can keep those valuable assets and just sign Rubio outright. Also how could we have signed and traded Rubio when free agency hasn’t started?

Udoh and Thabo have to be released as well as Rubio to make room for Conley. You also have to factor in that every empty spot is a salary cap hold for the min salary amount.

- keep Neto
- keep Favors
- keep Thabo

That would go a long way towards shore long up the Jazz bench/depth. How good of a shooter is Carroll now a-days? He’s always been a Utah and Snyder fan.

I dont see Jerebko coming back. I also dont think Thabo is coming back and that has been indicated already by TJ.

I have no idea where we will go with the Favors thing. This is 50/50. If we keep him I think we will try and grab a stretch 4 for cheap and one more wing for cheap. Then fill in a couple spots with vets that are older or were not in the league last year and trying to get back.

We can’t pay Favors 18million with our bench completely dismantled we lost our two main players and scorers off the bench in Crowder and Korver. I’m not 100% sold O’Neale can fill that role as bench scorer. Favors can’t sap our cap to play 21 min a game, and he and Gobert still shouldn’t play together.

I dont see Jerebko coming back. I also dont think Thabo is coming back and that has been indicated already by TJ.

I have no idea where we will go with the Favors thing. This is 50/50. If we keep him I think we will try and grab a stretch 4 for cheap and one more wing for cheap. Then fill in a couple spots with vets that are older or were not in the league last year and trying to get back.
Gotcha. If Thabo and Jerekbo don't want back, then so be it. I would rather have Luol Deng than either of them anyway.

I wonder if Conley's history as a teammate with Jeff Green and Jamychal Green might help us with either or both.

Gotcha. If Thabo and Jerekbo don't want back, then so be it. I would rather have Luol Deng than either of them anyway.

I wonder if Conley's history as a teammate with Jeff Green and Jamychal Green might help us with either or both.

JaMychal would be perfect but I think he is out of our price range if we keep Favors. Luol Deng could be good if he has anything left in the tank. He has not really played in 2 years though. Jeff could be a decent pickup if he is cheap. Although he isnt much of a 3 point shooter.

I think Mike Scott could be picked up for cheap and could be a good fit. Tolliver is a decent fill as well. I wonder if Mirotic value is going to be really cheap after getting beat out for minutes by Ersan (should have picked him up last year). He might be willing to do a cheap 1+1 deal and hope he plays well for Utah in a system that might fit him. I would like Danuel House if he goes for cheap. Same with Caruso, Mike Muscala, Hernangomez, and Wilson Chandler.

I also think someone big will get traded closer to the deadline and holding onto Favors and Exum until then might be smart. They also might play really well for us and we will want to keep them. I could see Blake Griffin, Aaron Gordon getting traded and I would love either of them. There might be others as well depending on how teams do.

The elephant in the living room here is that the Jazz could open a max slot by declining Favors' option and finding a taker for Joe Ingles (which I don't think would be too difficult). The only question is whether it's worth it for a guy like Tobias Harris.

The elephant in the living room here is that the Jazz could open a max slot by declining Favors' option and finding a taker for Joe Ingles (which I don't think would be too difficult). The only question is whether it's worth it for a guy like Tobias Harris.
No, Harris is not better than Both Favors(or what we could acquire for his salary) and Ingles. That makes our team worse in my opinion, and stats would agree with that.

JaMychal would be perfect but I think he is out of our price range if we keep Favors. Luol Deng could be good if he has anything left in the tank. He has not really played in 2 years though. Jeff could be a decent pickup if he is cheap. Although he isnt much of a 3 point shooter.

I think Mike Scott could be picked up for cheap and could be a good fit. Tolliver is a decent fill as well. I wonder if Mirotic value is going to be really cheap after getting beat out for minutes by Ersan (should have picked him up last year). He might be willing to do a cheap 1+1 deal and hope he plays well for Utah in a system that might fit him. I would like Danuel House if he goes for cheap. Same with Caruso, Mike Muscala, Hernangomez, and Wilson Chandler.

I also think someone big will get traded closer to the deadline and holding onto Favors and Exum until then might be smart. They also might play really well for us and we will want to keep them. I could see Blake Griffin, Aaron Gordon getting traded and I would love either of them. There might be others as well depending on how teams do.
Good points. There are a lot of imperfect but good rotation players who are probably in conversations.

I think Deng is a minimum contract diamond in the rough. Check out his 20 game stretch this last season. He played really well at times with a lot of minutes. https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/denglu01/gamelog/2019/

A sore Achilles and a terrible Wolves team ended his season off. But I still think he has a role as a versatile decent depth player.