What's new

You're the GM this offseason. What do you do?

Plus who here wants a championship without Ingles? Come on.

No way. **** that ****.

Ingles is part of this team's heart and soul. If Harris wants to kill it next year on a team that is a perfect fit for him, then he can sign with us for less than the max. If Harris can't make it work without the extra $$$$, then he should re-sign with Philly and get the most he can get.

I think we are in a good position to say "Hey Niko, you wanted to come here... we'd love to have you at $11-13M a year for 3-4 years... we'd have a starting role for you... you in???" and if he says no we can just roll with Favs. I think he'd be a good fit and value at that price... you can use the other space to improve depth or get a really good backup center.. maybe even a good young long term backup like Zubac.

Niko would give you the option to go 5 out and play him at center for 4-5 minutes in spots where the matchup dictates it.

I get that... I really do... I am not sure the defense improves (as in Favs is a better defender than Rudy) but going against bench units he is quite productive. The issue is that is 12-14 minutes a night... it would be less in the playoffs. So if you can replace 75-80% of his production is that a meaningful difference if you improve in other areas. Having Favs also prevents us from getting a long term backup if we want... It's also tough to say that his numbers would be sustainable over 36 minutes going against starting units.

Because Favs is good I think we could move him on his one year deal to a cap space team for some assets... if he really is a top 10-12 center he should have a fair amount of trade value on that contract no?
No because we tanked his value. First we played him injured for a full year with an injury that's similar to what took Kawhi out for the entire season, and then we've been playing him out of position for the last 4 years for half of his minutes and behind Gobert for the other half. There is no way he would have super high value while he's on the Jazz. But I do think some very lucky team would thank their lucky star for the bargain they get from him if we waive him.

Just an example - I think he's better than Steven Adams in pretty much anything to do with playing basketball on an NBA court. I think he's probably better than Capela too. But if you asked the general public and fans noone would say that. Simply because they either don't watch the Jazz or watch him play out of position for most of his minutes and in bench unit for the rest of it. Favors was integral part of 2 playoff wins against LAC (playing against DAJ) and against OKC(playing against Adams and their other bigs) two years in a roll. I firmly believe he's that good.

Also, I don't think he's better defender than Gobert and I do think that him playing against bench units at C is part of the reason we have better defensive rating with him on the floor than with Gobert on the floor but the stat is correct - our DRat with just Gobert last year was 102.5 and with just Favors it was 100.6. He's damn good defender.

Last edited:
Justin Zanik said the Jazz are going to have open roster spots this year for rookies and FAs to fill. The Jazz just paid $2M to acquire the 58th pick in the draft (which is pretty uncharacteristic for them) so they could draft Miye Oni. Not to read too much into it, but it sounds like the Jazz are preparing a consolidation move.

The Conley trade. Rubio, Crowder, Korver, Allen, Sefolosha, Udoh and either Neto or Bradley are gone. Conley replaces Rubio but it still leaves 6 open spots after that.

Maybe the FO wants to try and wait until next offseason to make a FA splash? Seems like there's some guys next year that we'd be pretty interested in. With the cap going up another $9 million, we could pretty easily have max space with an expiring Favors. Maybe Conley opts out to sign a longer-term deal with us and his cap number goes down? It could be interesting.

Guys my balls have been tingling all morning. After that NBA awards show with Conley and Rudes swagging on everyone Tobias has decided to *** to Utah. Get ready folks.

Is it possible to renounce the rights to Sefolosha and Udoh and then after the Conley trade re-sign them to like the vet minimum? Sefolosha shot the ball really well last year and would provide good depth on the wing. Udoh has played really well in spot minutes. I have trouble seeing Reed or Bradley producing as well in those minutes.

Is Harris = or > than Favors/Ingles? I like that deal personally, but it's possible I have homer colored glasses right now.

In a vacuum, Harris is pretty equal value with Favors/Ingles. However, the ability to put three players on the floor who can each go for 30+ points on any given night (Conley/Mitchell/Harris) puts the Jazz in an entirely different category. A team with Conley/Mitchell/O'Neale/Harris/Gobert with Exum and a couple rotation guys off the bench is a 58 or 60-win team that's top 2 in the west next year. That's a top 5 defensive team and a top 5 - 7 offensive team.

If the Jazz make that pitch to Tobias in free agency, it will be pretty compelling.

Guys my balls have been tingling all morning. After that NBA awards show with Conley and Rudes swagging on everyone Tobias has decided to *** to Utah. Get ready folks.

Are you sure the tingling is due to the pending arrival of Tobias? Or something else?

Are you sure the tingling is due to the pending arrival of Tobias? Or something else?
I only get this feeling is very unique circumstances and i basically grow third eye clairvoyance. It definitely means Tobias is cumming to Utah. Trust me dudes.

No because we tanked his value. First we played him injured for a full year with an injury that's similar to what took Kawhi out for the entire season, and then we've been playing him out of position for the last 4 years for half of his minutes and behind Gobert for the other half. There is no way he would have super high value while he's on the Jazz. But I do think some very lucky team would thank their lucky star for the bargain they get from him if we waive him.

Just an example - I think he's better than Steven Adams in pretty much anything to do with playing basketball on an NBA court. I think he's probably better than Capela too. But if you asked the general public and fans noone would say that. Simply because they either don't watch the Jazz or watch him play out of position for most of his minutes and in bench unit for the rest of it. Favors was integral part of 2 playoff wins against LAC (playing against DAJ) and against OKC(playing against Adams and their other bigs) two years in a roll.

I would think nba front offices are more astute than the general public and fans. They have access to the information that we do and a ton more that we don't. Wouldn't they know the per36 stuff and that he's playing out of position? I think he is absolutely on par with those guys and that smart front offices would know that too. We are getting his "tanked" value because of our roster construct.

I only get this feeling is very unique circumstances and i basically grow third eye clairvoyance. It definitely means Tobias is cumming to Utah. Trust me dudes.

I value you as a poster, but I do not trust yo balls... sorry bud.

The elephant in the living room here is that the Jazz could open a max slot by declining Favors' option and finding a taker for Joe Ingles (which I don't think would be too difficult). The only question is whether it's worth it for a guy like Tobias Harris.

Rude dude. My balls are teeming with guttural integrity and instinct. Ready to flow forth the seed of knowledge and truth.

I don't trust any balls... not even mine... they have lead me astray so many times. If I were to believe in ********* I would believe in yours doe.

If you love Tobias at the max... ask yourself why? Then say okay if I could get 80% of that for 12-14M a year would I do it?

That’s awkward. Can we settle for him signing to play here instead?