What's new

You're the GM this offseason. What do you do?

I think this roster needs a bit of a re-do, but not a rebuild. This post assumes neither Harris nor Kemba will end up here, cause duh, they won’t.

My untouchable guys: (1) Donovan; (2) Rudy; (3) Royce; and (4) Niang. Our two stars, and two best value guys. Everyone else is potentially on the block for the right deal.

I see our biggest needs as upgrades to the PG position and PF positions. I would be EXTREMELY agressive in trying to get one of those two holes filled before FA with a trade on draft night or otherwise. Ingles, Crowder, and our picks would absolutely be on the table. The plan would be to get someone “great” at the PG or PF spot before FA, and then get someone “good” using the MLE. If we can get a PG via trade, I think you bring back Favors but also get a stretchier option at the 4 with the MLE.

If I couldn’t get a trade for a star PG or PF done before the deadline, I’d probably rethink my strategy. I think Bogdonavic is probably the most realistic FA that would actually come here and could actually help the team, so I’d prioritize him and plan on Donovan playing some PG. I’d try to add the best young PG I could find with whatever cap room or exception I had left. I’d probally bring back Fav, but drop Korver, Thabo, and Rubio (maybe Neto) and fill their roster spots with younger guys using whatever exceptions/cap room we have left (or our pick if we dont trade it).

I’d consider waiving Bradley to free up his roster spot. I would try to trade Exum, but that wouldn’t work.

In short—it would totally depend on whether I could pull off a trade to fill one of the major two needs before FA.

I think this roster needs a bit of a re-do, but not a rebuild. This post assumes neither Harris nor Kemba will end up here, cause duh, they won’t.

My untouchable guys: (1) Donovan; (2) Rudy; (3) Royce; and (4) Niang. Our two stars, and two best value guys. Everyone else is potentially on the block for the right deal.

I see our biggest needs as upgrades to the PG position and PF positions. I would be EXTREMELY agressive in trying to get one of those two holes filled before FA with a trade on draft night or otherwise. Ingles, Crowder, and our picks would absolutely be on the table. The plan would be to get someone “great” at the PG or PF spot before FA, and then get someone “good” using the MLE. If we can get a PG via trade, I think you bring back Favors but also get a stretchier option at the 4 with the MLE.

If I couldn’t get a trade for a star PG or PF done before the deadline, I’d probably rethink my strategy. I think Bogdonavic is probably the most realistic FA that would actually come here and could actually help the team, so I’d prioritize him and plan on Donovan playing some PG. I’d try to add the best young PG I could find with whatever cap room or exception I had left. I’d probally bring back Fav, but drop Korver, Thabo, and Rubio (maybe Neto) and fill their roster spots with younger guys using whatever exceptions/cap room we have left (or our pick if we dont trade it).

I’d consider waiving Bradley to free up his roster spot. I would try to trade Exum, but that wouldn’t work.

In short—it would totally depend on whether I could pull off a trade to fill one of the major two needs before FA.
No idea!

Niang is untouchable? Good gawd...the guy is a scrub.
Next you'll be saying Bradley is a value guy.

I'd trade Royce in a heartbeat if Jazz could get a better wing for him and a 1st round pick. But I do agree he's a good value guy right now. Not sold on him as a starter, but he's improving his game and should be a solid rotation player.

Just make sure the team isn’t on the same side of the playoff bracket as Houston and Golden State. Good shot at WCF if so.

LOL Houston? Houston wasn’t exactly Superman this year. Had they played portland or Denver they’d be out on vacation too. And Paul is only getting older and slower.

Here’s a better idea, let’s try getting better than our opponents, shall we? I know it’s radical and may sound extreme, but let’s like actually sign and draft players this summer that improve our team rather than sit with the same roster. I think that might pay dividends in the playoffs next year.

Niang is untouchable? Good gawd...the guy is a scrub.
Next you'll be saying Bradley is a value guy.

I'd trade Royce in a heartbeat if Jazz could get a better wing for him and a 1st round pick. But I do agree he's a good value guy right now. Not sold on him as a starter, but he's improving his game and should be a solid rotation player.

I don’t know where this is coming from. I’ve seen posters in this thread say this a few times now. Replacements for Niang and Royce could easily be had in any draft, any summer camp, and any g league. People are making it sound like these guys are something more than fringe nba players.

The only things I know about you are based on the stupid **** you write on this site. So, if you write stupid ****, then I'm going to conclude you're as stupid as you appear. This isn't difficult. Nor is it a stretch to think you care about that issue, since it would pretty much be on-par with your company-line ********.

Goddamn you are stupid. Put me on your ignore list.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Is there any scenario where we could grab Looney and Harris? A rotation of Looney, Harris, and Gobert would provide a lot versatility against a variety of offenses.

Starting to wonder if you’re Kinkkkkk... Here’s what I know.

He went to Thailand. They have a ton of “surgeries.” He’s been MIA. You appear a few months after he disappeared. Those who have sexual reassignment surgery sadly oftentimes struggle being mentally stable. You struggle with being mentally stable.

Just sayin’. It all adds up.

Well, I guess I'll do that. As a JFC historian, I was kinda thinking I'd watch your train wreck for awhile longer. It's turning out to be a noteworthy wreck. But now I'm reminding myself that I don't have time for your ****.

I don’t know where this is coming from. I’ve seen posters in this thread say this a few times now. Replacements for Niang and Royce could easily be had in any draft, any summer camp, and any g league. People are making it sound like these guys are something more than fringe nba players.
Royce O'Neale is a really good player. His defense is top notch and he shot really well from 3 this year. The guy is a major part of the rotation going forward.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

So, if Philly beats Tor and gets to at least the ECF how much does that increase the likelihood of Harris staying on the Sixers?

I stopped reading at Niang was untouchable what the hell lol

So, if Philly beats Tor and gets to at least the ECF how much does that increase the likelihood of Harris staying on the Sixers?

A lot imo. Even if he loses, he’s staying most likely imo.

They made it a round further than us and to game 7. We lost in five games. I doubt he or butler leave. Philly is going to want to see what they can do with a whole season of that core together.

Niang yes, Royce no. He isn't so easy to replace, he got some skills and a high ceiling.

LOL Houston? Houston wasn’t exactly Superman this year. Had they played portland or Denver they’d be out on vacation too. And Paul is only getting older and slower.

Here’s a better idea, let’s try getting better than our opponents, shall we? I know it’s radical and may sound extreme, but let’s like actually sign and draft players this summer that improve our team rather than sit with the same roster. I think that might pay dividends in the playoffs next year.

I agree that we need to make some moves and try to upgrade the roster. I don't agree that Portland or Denver would have beaten Houston in a 7 game series. Houston was by far the second best team in the west, there's a reason Denver rested players to try and get a second round matchup with Portland instead of Houston.

I regret listing Niang as an untouchable. My thought process with Niang was that we’re unlikely to find better bang for the buck at his roster spot.

I stand by listing Royce. I fully expect he’ll overtake Ingles as a starter this year at some point, which is why I think we should try to cash in on Ingles while he still has value.

I honestly think we’re going to be ****ed and will be doing some form of running it back, signing third-tier FAs (or doing some hybrid of those two) if we can’t swing a trade.

I regret listing Niang as an untouchable. My thought process with Niang was that we’re unlikely to find better bang for the buck at his roster spot.

I stand by listing Royce. I fully expect he’ll overtake Ingles as a starter this year at some point, which is why I think we should try to cash in on Ingles while he still has value.

I honestly think we’re going to be ****ed and will be doing some form of running it back, signing third-tier FAs (or doing some hybrid of those two) if we can’t swing a trade.
We are most certainly ****ed because we put all of our eggs in one basket.