What's new

2020 Free Agency Thread

The 5 team trade with OKC NOP etc. hurts my brain but I think OKC will add like 7 more first rounders when the dust settles.

He’s right, though. He may contribute somewhere, but he wouldn’t here. Each guy ahead of him would have to utterly fail 4-5 times

He should become the heckler from Happy Gilmore.
A Robin Lavar social media fight would be fantastic.

From your posts it actually looks like you guys believe we are bringing Rudy back. Dokey Kong is our future. There's no other explanation for drafting him.

I just feel like people aren’t paying attention. It is dumb that posters on this site would have made a better pick but it’s just true. It’s one of the dumber things I’ve ever seen to make the mistake you made three years ago while simultaneously trying to use seconds to clean it up. There are exactly ZERO rational arguments for the Udoka pick... none.

There's no rational argument that you will accept. That is an entirely different thing.

I get overly dramatic when people get overly dense... sorry.

Wingspan is one of many components that make up a basketball player. While it is nice I like to pay attention to how good that player is at basketball. When they shoot all the ***** out of the ball and are great at passing and defensive rotations it shows that they are smart at basketball things. I like players who are smart at basketball things.

The idea with Udoka is that he has a rare combination of size and athleticism that literally rivals Shaq. The Jazz think they can mold that the way they did with Rudy, and in that sense, Udoka has some All Star potential. When Rudy came into the league, he was a young kid with size and a condor-like wingspan, combined with a bit of footspeed and the competitive desire to be great. The Jazz must see those same things in Udoka.

If wingspan athleticism are the be-all attributes, wait until people find out about Robert Woodard And Tyler Bey.

Wingspan and athleticism are be-all attributes of defensive centers. Defensive wings, too, but the Jazz like wings who can shoot.

For those of you keeping score at home, while Trey Lyles had outstanding balance, and Grayson Allen had remarkable handpads, Udoka apparently has some kind of amazing 'power index.' It sounds like a rating that would be given to a heavy-weight boxer.

I love the fact Haywood's journey to Boston was a complete failure. Now, he runs off to Charlotte, believing he could still be that main guy for them. I thought he wanted to win a title in the east? What happened to that? lol

Just a year ago we had a stunning perimeter defender that was making midlevel money. Every single person on this board hated his guts. Everyone has a bias to wings who shoot the damn rock once the games start being played.

You want a strong perimeter defender that also has an offensive game? Those guys pretty much start at 20 million, or you need top 10 pick, a couple of years, and some luck. If you are trying to manufacture something like that out of nothing, you are just as liable to go the d-league bargain bin as finding them in the late part of the draft.

The idea with Udoka is that he has a rare combination of size and athleticism that literally rivals Shaq. The Jazz think they can mold that the way they did with Rudy, and in that sense, Udoka has some All Star potential. When Rudy came into the league, he was a young kid with size and a condor-like wingspan, combined with a bit of footspeed and the competitive desire to be great. The Jazz must see those same things in Udoka.
Udoka also has incredible good hands
Gobert still does not
If Udoka can get his hands on the ball he's not giving it up
That is what will make him very very good
Not many seven footers have vise like hands