What's new

2021 All-Time NBA Draft Round 1: NUMBERICA vs JoelHodgeJr

Which team would win in a best of 7 playoff series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Elizah Huge

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
2024 Award Winner
Team NUMBERICA:

PG - Steve Nash (06-07) / Joe Dumars (92-93)
SG - James Harden (18-19) / Jerry Sloan (68-69)
SF - Paul George (18-19) / Ron Artest (08-09)
PF - Draymond Green (15-16) / Shawn Kemp (93-94)
C - Hakeem Olajuwon (93-94) / Marc Gasol (16-17)

Team JoelHodgeJr:

PG - Isiah Thomas (84-85) / Jerry West (65‐66)
SG - Vince Carter (00-01) / Sidney Moncrief (83-84)
SF - Luka Doncic (20-21) / John Havlicek (70-71)
PF - Chris Bosh (12-13) / Kevin McHale (86-87)
C - Wilt Chamberlain (59-60) / Ben Wallace (01-02)

Team NUMBERICA write-up:

Nash ('06-'07) // Dumars ('92-'93)
Harden ('18-'19) // (Sloan ['68-'69])
George ('18-'19) // Artest ('08-09)
Draymond ('15-'16) // Kemp ('93-'94)
Hakeem ('93-'94) // Gasol ('16-17)
(click links above for more info if you want.)

All regular lineups feature two legit defensive anchors and four strong 3-point shooters. 5-out, twin towers, and other specialty lineups are also possible. The idea was to have an answer to any conceivable scenario.

Offense is "7 Seconds or Dream". Defense is having 8 All Defensive Team players, 4 DPOYs, and 4 defensive anchors of good defensive teams, though strategy hinges on opponent. Both are built around Hakeem. I'll be early-subbing Nash and George for Dumars and Artest to even out the offense and defense between the starters and reserves. They sub back in to play with the bench which will feature Nash and Kemp in a fierce PnR and transition attack flanked by Gasol as a trailer/spacer/playmaker and George as a spacer/dunker (the other player will be situational).

Gameplan is to let Wilt catch, then swarm (since Wilt killed his teams by being a blackhole until later in his career when Russell was gone and he learned to pass), especially off of Bosh who for most of his career just did not shoot enough 3s to worry about. Otherwise, generally stay home and throw my best perimeter defense at Luka.

This is a tough one. Numberica in 6 games.

I think it would be a really good series but I have Joel in 7

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Team NUMBERICA write-up:

Nash ('06-'07) // Dumars ('92-'93)
Harden ('18-'19) // (Sloan ['68-'69])
George ('18-'19) // Artest ('08-09)
Draymond ('15-'16) // Kemp ('93-'94)
Hakeem ('93-'94) // Gasol ('16-17)
(click links above for more info if you want.)

All regular lineups feature two legit defensive anchors and four strong 3-point shooters. 5-out, twin towers, and other specialty lineups are also possible. The idea was to have an answer to any conceivable scenario.

Offense is "7 Seconds or Dream". Defense is having 8 All Defensive Team players, 4 DPOYs, and 4 defensive anchors of good defensive teams, though strategy hinges on opponent. Both are built around Hakeem. I'll be early-subbing Nash and George for Dumars and Artest to even out the offense and defense between the starters and reserves. They sub back in to play with the bench which will feature Nash and Kemp in a fierce PnR and transition attack flanked by Gasol as a trailer/spacer/playmaker and George as a spacer/dunker (the other player will be situational).

Gameplan is to let Wilt catch, then swarm (since Wilt killed his teams by being a blackhole until later in his career when Russell was gone and he learned to pass), especially off of Bosh who for most of his career just did not shoot enough 3s to worry about. Otherwise, generally stay home and throw my best perimeter defense at Luka.
Just put Sloan on Doncic, tell him to tell you what flavor gum he is. By the end of the game he'll tell you he just buried him in the back 40. Done and done.

My team is based around wilt being able to dominate inside the post. He is also surrounded with shooters including Chris Bosh as the stretch four in his championship year.
Luka and Isiah are my iso outlets when things break down and Vince is a transition, slashing 3pt shooter.

My bench is focused on defense with both Ben and Sydney being two historicly great defenders. The offense will stem from McHale and West.

I also have the ability to go elite small ball with Ben at the 5, Luka at the 4, Vince at the 3, Havlickek at the 2 and West or Isaih at the 1.

No matter how I care to arrange my team I always have elite defense, shooting, playmaking and rebounding with unmatched athleticism. Team ODGER for the win.

Is there a reason Jerry West is on the bench?
JoelHodge choosing one of Bosh’s later years when he was a more effective 3pt shooter, and showing he can fin into a big three system and sacrifice his stardom for the betterment of his team helped me to think Hodge’s team was better even though I came to this conclusion after I voted for Numb. Lol. If I could CJange my vote, I would, sorry JoelHodge.

JoelHodge choosing one of Bosh’s later years when he was a more effective 3pt shooter, and showing he can fin into a big three system and sacrifice his stardom for the betterment of his team helped me to think Hodge’s team was better even though I came to this conclusion after I voted for Numb. Lol. If I could CJange my vote, I would, sorry JoelHodge.
I still don't see that you have made a vote I think you forgot to post it

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

My team is based around wilt being able to dominate inside the post. He is also surrounded with shooters including Chris Bosh as the stretch four in his championship year.
Fact check: Thomas and Bosh shot 26% and 28% from 3 respectively, both on ~1 attempt per game.

I am aware there are shots that aren't 3s, but they are worth 50% more than (long) 2s that are worth less (and are the worst shot in basketball). So if the shooting you're talking about are long 2s, I'm not gonna lose sleep over them.

Fact check: Thomas and Bosh shot 26% and 28% from 3 respectively, both on ~1 attempt per game.

I am aware there are shots that aren't 3s, but they are worth 50% more than (long) 2s that are worth less (and are the worst shot in basketball). So if the shooting you're talking about are long 2s, I'm not gonna lose sleep over them.
I’d still rather Bosh play outside than trying to do nothing but get his inside making things harder for Kareem IMO.