What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

KqWIN

For anyone on Wemby watch, I found these links the most useful and most reliable to track his numbers:

proballers.com/basketball/player/180211/victor-wembanyama/games

Two games in, very productive. 24/13/3/3 per36.....but still rocking that terrible efficiency. Only 47% TS.

KqWIN

I am very interested to see the wings play. Wings are at such a premium these days…even if someone like Scoot is a better prospect it might be worth it to take a wing anyways. I know you’re always supposed to draft BPA, but having a good wing is much more important than having a good PG or C imo.

It’ll be good to look at a group of guys instead of one guy we have at best a small chance of getting.

Speaking of that one guy….Watched full Wemby highlights from his second game….it looked like an overdose of all the good and bad things again. He’s incredibly unique and talented, but he really shouldn’t be talking the worst shots on the court.

Elizah Huge

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
Odds are low for us to get the #1 pick as they are for every team. Here’s a look at a few guys drafted outside the top-2 in the lottery the last 7 years:

Evan Mobley
Scottie Barnes
Josh Giddey
Franz Wagner
LaMelo Ball
Tyrese Haliburton
RJ Barrett
Darius Garland
Tyler Herro
Luka Doncic
Jaren Jackson Jr.
Trae Young
Collin Sexton
Mikal Bridges
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
Jayson Tatum
De’Aaron Fox
Donovan Mitchell
Bam Adebayo
Jaylen Brown
Jamal Murray
Devin Booker

There will be impact players available wherever we draft we just have to hit on our pick. It’s not the end of the world if we don’t end up with a top-2 pick ESPECIALLY in this draft.

Eddie Zero

Most drafts look insane until they are not. I think the days of tanking for most teams, including this one after the blow up and one season of it are pretty unattractive. I can see Jazz focus on developing a few young players this season, like Vander and Och as they try to win, not try to lose. I expect they could get a lucky and land a top pick from the back half of the lottery ,but sans another injury, Sexton is not going to let this team lose if he has the keys, nearly as many games as he did in his first few seasons in Cleveland.Now if they are true to tank he wont be running the offense he will be shoved into the same tank mode role Cleveland had him in.

HeatCheck

Most drafts look insane until they are not. I think the days of tanking for most teams, including this one after the blow up and one season of it are pretty unattractive. I can see Jazz focus on developing a few young players this season, like Vander and Och as they try to win, not try to lose. I expect they could get a lucky and land a top pick from the back half of the lottery ,but sans another injury, Sexton is not going to let this team lose if he has the keys, nearly as many games as he did in his first few seasons in Cleveland.Now if they are true to tank he wont be running the offense he will be shoved into the same tank mode role Cleveland had him in.
OKC always seems to find a way to tank with SGA on their roster. Funny how those little "injuries" seem to strike them after the all star game every season.

Saint Cy of JFC

Odds are low for us to get the #1 pick as they are for every team. Here’s a look at a few guys drafted outside the top-2 in the lottery the last 7 years:

Evan Mobley
Scottie Barnes
Josh Giddey
Franz Wagner
LaMelo Ball
Tyrese Haliburton
RJ Barrett
Darius Garland
Tyler Herro
Luka Doncic
Jaren Jackson Jr.
Trae Young
Collin Sexton
Mikal Bridges
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
Jayson Tatum
De’Aaron Fox
Donovan Mitchell
Bam Adebayo
Jaylen Brown
Jamal Murray
Devin Booker

There will be impact players available wherever we draft we just have to hit on our pick. It’s not the end of the world if we don’t end up with a top-2 pick ESPECIALLY in this draft.
Woah, there are good players who aren't drafted 1 st overall? Thanks for the breaking news.

Ferguson_Mellochill

2019 Prediction Contest Winner

So far, 6 guys are standing out for me as potential-franchise building pieces: Wemby, Scoot, Amen, GG, plus maybe Ausar and Anthony Black. Jazz really need to get one of them.

If they can't do that, then there are several guys who could be #2 option types: Keyonte George (could be similar to Beal or Booker), Cam Whitmore (could be similar to Jaylen Brown), Baba Miller (could be similar the Jaren Jackson Jr.), and Jordan Walsh (could be a Hayward-type glue guy). Nick Smith is an interesting 2-way guard too. It's possible that he could turn out a bit comparable to SGA. He could end up in the first group. His talent level is very high.

If the Jazz can get one of the top-6 prospects, plus either Walsh or Baba with a later pick, that would be a great draft.

Last edited: