What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Spence went super hard in his opening rant today. Basically said he is doing this rant to send a message to his friends at the Utah Jazz to trade everyone and go all in on Wemby....

Now I think Vic might be a bust... cancel teh tanks.
I'm going the other way: If Goebbels says that the sky is blue, it doesn't mean it isn't.

In other words, the merits of tanking this year are so ****ing obvious that only the most delusional don't see it.

Scoot doesn’t impress me and the odds of getting Wenby is 14% for the bottom three teams and gets progressively worse from there. The odds of Wemby then suffering a season ending injury have to be considered as well as he is only 14-19 pounds heavier than Chet Holmgren and three inches taller.

You can't tell what a players future injury record might be
Look at Zion Williamson
He's built like a tank and he gets injured every year

Scoot doesn’t impress me and the odds of getting Wenby is 14% for the bottom three teams and gets progressively worse from there. The odds of Wemby then suffering a season ending injury have to be considered as well as he is only 14-19 pounds heavier than Chet Holmgren and three inches taller.
Even if you don’t like them getting the 3/4 picks would be huge… lots of great wings available but 2 or 3 will undoubtedly rise to the top. You want your first choice in that tier… don’t want to be left with “well this is the last guy in this tier and we don’t like his warts much but here we go… yolo!!!”

Shocker: extremely tall teenagers are skinny
His frame and movements are so unique I have concerns… but I do see some potential for him to be wiry strong like KD and not Shawn Bradley with a jumper. His frame has improved and when he hits his 20s he will fill out. I think he might even be more Rudy with how his frame could fill out… people forget how skinny he was… and he moved really well too but it wasn’t the same with the ball obviously. My biggest concerns are hidden issues that might come with that hyper growth or imbalances and stress he might put on his joints. You just have to take him though. Even guys with the most sturdy looking frames like Justise Winslow can have injuries.

I’m all in on Wemby or Scoot… if we don’t land too 2 I want Danny to have his first choice of the other prospects.

His frame and movements are so unique I have concerns… but I do see some potential for him to be wiry strong like KD and not Shawn Bradley with a jumper. His frame has improved and when he hits his 20s he will fill out. I think he might even be more Rudy with how his frame could fill out… people forget how skinny he was… and he moved really well too but it wasn’t the same with the ball obviously. My biggest concerns are hidden issues that might come with that hyper growth or imbalances and stress he might put on his joints. You just have to take him though. Even guys with the most sturdy looking frames like Justise Winslow can have injuries.

I’m all in on Wemby or Scoot… if we don’t land too 2 I want Danny to have his first choice of the other prospects.
Just keep him as a 4 and avoid unnecessary contact that comes with being a 5. He's going to fill out somewhat, really hard to predict how much. He isn't *that* skinny and it's more an allusion because of his extreme length

I honestly don't really think injuries are that size based. Some dudes are just injury prone and some aren't. Is there any solid numbers based evidence that bigger or taller players experience more injuries?