What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

I hope you are right since I have a feeling the Jazz will be drafting him.

Let's see where the Jazz end up drafting. I think Black and Wallace are probably both in play. George could be too, but it's a question of what type of PG the Jazz want.

Update on a guy I would like the Jazz to give a free agent deal to Joel Scott of Black Hills State. He's 6'7" 220 lbs averaged 23 points and 9.3 rebounds and ended up being the all time leading scorer in Division 2 history. Shot .400 from three and is from the Denver area. I know D-2 guys generally don't play in the NBA but this kid looks like he would be worthy on a summer league shot. His team just lost by 5 points in the D-2 final four but he had 30 points, 13 boards and 2 blocks in the game.
Please never change Homey.

How about Danny Sprinkle, huh? He’s changing things at MSU!

So... a Redraft of 2020 would look something like this, no?

1 Anthony Edwards
2 Tyrese Haliburton
3 Lamelo Ball
4 Desmond Bane
5 Tyrese Maxey
6 Jaden McDaniels
7 Immanuel Quickley
8 Saddiq Bey
9 Devin Vassell
10 Onyeka Okongwu / Deni Avdija

I'd like to see UCLA put Jacquez on Timme. With Adem Bona out it looks like UCLA has walkons as the only other bigs.

Black's defense is really really good, just nervous he can't dribble and pass well enough to run a team, and can't shoot well enough to play off ball. Obviously a high upside pick if his shot comes around.

UCLA’s bigs are so bad lol. They got away with it by forcing turnovers in the first have. But now it’s just a slaughter. Nobody to stop Timme or get a rebound.

So... a Redraft of 2020 would look something like this, no?

1 Anthony Edwards
2 Tyrese Haliburton
3 Lamelo Ball
4 Desmond Bane
5 Tyrese Maxey
6 Jaden McDaniels
7 Immanuel Quickley
8 Saddiq Bey
9 Devin Vassell
10 Onyeka Okongwu / Deni Avdija
1 Anthony Edwards (picked #1)
2 Tyrese Haliburton (picked #12)
3 Lamelo Ball (picked #3)
4 Desmond Bane (picked #30)
5 Tyrese Maxey (picked #21)
6 Jaden McDaniels (picked #28)
7 Immanuel Quickley (picked #25)
8 Saddiq Bey (picked #19)
9 Devin Vassell (picked #11)
10 Onyeka Okongwu (picked #6)
11 Deni Avdija (picked #9)

Of those 11 players, four would be out of reach if the Jazz had the picks they hold this year back then (Edwards, Ball, Okongwu & Avdija). Two would be available with their 11th pick (Haliburton & Vassell). Three would be available with their 17th pick (Maxey, Quickley & Bey) and two would have somehow been available with their 28th pick (McDaniels & Bane).

Every draft pick a littered with guys like this - now the Jazz just have to identify them and draft them when they are on the clock.