What's new

5 minutes playing time for enes kanter deserves its own thread

When Enes, Favors and Burks leaves, I won't have any ties to this organization except this forum. I will cheer for their new teams though.

If something like that happens, if not 3 but even 2 players from the above stated are pushed away from this team, I will abandon all hope on the Utah Jazz's chances of contending.

Kanter getting more than 5 minutes was the reason for the blowout. Well, to be fair, it wasn't just him. Favors got 27 minutes and Burks got 26. Fortunately we have a perceptive and teachable coach and he views it as a lesson learned for so callously throwing big minutes at kids not mature enough to handle them.

I thought it's called "garbage time" for a reason. And I am pretty sure that Al Jefferson could not possibly score against Ömer Aşık in the first quarter. But Corbin's system is only based on his post scoring, so the inevitable happened. This is only one reason among many of course.

ooh really?
kosta is an all star. the games i have seen him play this year showed he was an all star

and since Jazz traded above mentioned all star for Jeferson you should have no hope of Kanter playing over Jeferson;)

4:47 to be exact against a 14-31 New Orleans pelicans.
this is epic.
discuss

Al, Paul, & Derrick all got their usual amount of minutes.
Marvin too the additional 10 minutes Enes gets because...
a) he went to guard Anderson
b) maybe they're trying t build his confidence back up to better his game & for trade value
c) Enes cant guard Ryan Anderson

This is an example of Corbin's in-game & game-to-game adjustments.

Enes made a mistake guarding a player from the Hornets, took it slow and allowed the dunk.

Corbin was extremely furious with him and yelled at him when he was running by back to the offense. Enes did not even turned back and looked.

Until a few weeks before, Corbin would ignore easy mistakes and gently warn him. This time he looked under stress. Looked like he has no more patience.

Other than conflicting with their past communicado, it looked like any moment but this might also mean Corbin is under a great deal of stress.

Starters make absolutely unbelievable mistakes but Corbin acts like his hands are tied against them, and take it out on the youngsters. I don't like the looks of it.

Bill Oram @tribjazz about 40 minutes ago
Corbin said he is not planning on moving to a 3-man big man rotation. Sat Kanter based on matchups.Thanks for asking the question tribjazz.

Corbin said he is not planning on moving to a 3-man big man rotation. Sat Kanter based on matchups.Thanks for asking the question tribjazz.

Well that explains last night.

I wonder why kanter hasn't been getting the minutes he should be getting for the previous 80 or so game..... probably due to matchups

Could someone please block me from entering this site? I can`t stay away, but I really can`t cope with reading all the **** from the idiot from Holland.

I find it funny that Corbin said the reason Kanter didn't play in the 2nd half is he was playing the match ups. Well, Millsap and Jefferson did have a very good offensive second second half, but they were getting eaten up defensively. That allowed at least giving Kanter another 5 minutes at some point.

Please stop making such threads. It makes me feel annoyed and distressed.

I find it funny that Corbin said the reason Kanter didn't play in the 2nd half is he was playing the match ups. Well, Millsap and Jefferson did have a very good offensive second second half, but they were getting eaten up defensively. That allowed at least giving Kanter another 5 minutes at some point.

it is jsut baloney.

last few games kanter hanst been getting playing time in 2nd half.

every little mistake kanter makes he gets eaten alive by corbin.

next game when you see the bench watch kanter's face/body language. then go back to begining of season and watch the same.
we are witnessing the destruction fo kanters enthusiasm,fire and killer instinct.
he is turning into big soft al

the thing that really gets me mad, is that kanter somehow, even when he gets less and less minutes all the time, he still shows steady improvement in almost all areas. we have had him for a year and a half and his potential is still limitless as far as i'm concerned. yet our coach has no interest in what might be.

Laughable. Do all matchups favor Al? He gets his 34 minutes in all non-blowouts.