What's new

AK watch

yet he played 41 min and produced 14pts,6reb,5ast,3blk. and Wolves won. K.Love was monster with 23/24 game.
Rebounding is up a bit, but I'm not all that surprised by his 13/8/3 average. What is a bit surprising is his shooting percentage. Expect that to come down a bit. And let's see how many games he misses. AK is a decent player, just not worth $10M/per.

AK out tonight with back spasms.

It's here!

...it's here...

*sob*

Interesting tweet from Locke on this. He said this is about the same pattern that AK had with the Jazz for the last 3 years he was here. Playing about 15-16 games around 30 MPG then go down with back spazims.

Locke probably underplayed that a bit in this case. For the last ten games, he's averaged 38.8 MPG, which is probably team-high.

Not to say it isn't concerning, but after a few games of playing 44MPG or so, I was expecting him to sit one out at some point. Just don't see that that often in the league any more...well, unless you're the Trailblazers.

Should be missing third and fourth games in a row this week.

Oh, the turmoil of AK Fandom.

How many free passes are you going to give this guy? 5?

Get it? "Free pass"? Heh.

Bordy saith unto Moog, I say not unto thee, Until five times: but, Until five x five.

yeah that is AK at his best. To bad game was a blowout he could have really had 5x5.

Rebounding is up a bit, but I'm not all that surprised by his 13/8/3 average. What is a bit surprising is his shooting percentage. Expect that to come down a bit. And let's see how many games he misses. AK is a decent player, just not worth $10M/per.

Did you see AK tonight. 18 points and 4 steals, but the stats don't show the whole story. A bunch of crucial game-saving plays in the fourth quarter. He was worth every bit of his ten million tonight and then some. He's playing very much under control and as well as I've ever seen him play.

Lots of commentary on Kevin Love recently.

My take: there's more similarities to the situation with Chris Bosh in Toronto than Kevin Garnett in Minnesota.

Lots of commentary on Kevin Love recently.

My take: there's more similarities to the situation with Chris Bosh in Toronto than Kevin Garnett in Minnesota.

I think it will be pretty simple with Love when contract is up. If they are a contender at that point he will stay if not he is probably as good as gone. If TWolves made some better draft picks they might be contenders right now.

By the way if anybody has something they want to say to John Hollinger let me know as I will probably see him around town.

Think Love's gone even if they're a decent team by then (which I doubt). Love is actively seeking the spotlight like Bosh/Howard (doing quirky videos on the side, trying to increase visibility while on Olympic Team, etc.). Get sense he's already setting Minny up for the fall.

And like Bosh/Howard/Deron, not sure he's so good that you need to alter your plans to suit him.

Great double double by AK in winning game on the road - 21/11/2/1/1, 10-16 FG, only 1TO. I would like for that AK hater who said that M.Williams will have greater impact on Jazz then AK on Wolves to come out of the closet and eat some crow. Who was it? Thriller? Wes Mantooth? Come out! I think it was the same dude who said that Hayward is already 100 times better player then AK... what a moron, Hayward will never, ever be as good as AK, period.