What's new

August 25: Enes Kanter & Turkey match is starting now.>Turkey - Montenegro < LIVE MATCH HERE:)

Jumping in in the middle of a conversation always makes you look like a dip ****. If you had taken the time to read this thread you would have seen i admitted i was wrong and changed my assesment. Your 2 cents means **** on on this topic. I saidmi think he is more horford than malome and this moron aybars goes on the defensive. 2 cents, actually i would love to see your arguement as to why kanter is more malone than horford because that ismhow this started.

You know what Verlin? I can jump in wherever I want. I don't need your approval.

I read the thread. I also read the thread where you argued with everyone about what a bust he was after watching the first 2 games. Now you've watched 5 games and you think he might be closer to Al Horford. That's great, you're entitled to think whatever you want. But you go from bust to Horford in 3 games and I sound like a dip****? I don't know what kind of a player Kanter is going to be. I'm very encouraged by what I've seen but will wait to actually watch him play a few games in the NBA before I form an opinion on his ceiling. My point was the Turks are justifiably entitled to be enthusiastic about Kanter. I get that aybars was a bit defensive but this is how you responded.

Let me guess...you being a Turk think he is either the next coming of Duncan or Howard, right? Give me a break.

Are you seeing the trend?

You know what Verlin? I can jump in wherever I want. I don't need your approval.

I read the thread. I also read the thread where you argued with everyone about what a bust he was after watching the first 2 games. Now you've watched 5 games and you think he might be closer to Al Horford. That's great, you're entitled to think whatever you want. But you go from bust to Horford in 3 games and I sound like a dip****? I don't know what kind of a player Kanter is going to be. I'm very encouraged by what I've seen but will wait to actually watch him play a few games in the NBA before I form an opinion on his ceiling. My point was the Turks are justifiably entitled to be enthusiastic about Kanter. I get that aybars was a bit defensive but this is how you responded.

Repped

all i said was;

enes has not played ball for 2 years and he needed playing-time,than i said he came from 0-0 to 14-6 in five games,and i thought it was anfair to compare him with anyone when he is in this kind of condition,and what did our friend responded to that?calling me moron,idiot,Turkish BURN...all his replies were full with aggression.so i had to answer him the same way.

anyway i apologies for my language to him and other jazzfans,and im not going to reply his comments from now on.

all i said was;

enes has not played ball for 2 years and he needed playing-time,than i said he came from 0-0 to 14-6 in five games,and i thought it was anfair to compare him with anyone when he is in this kind of condition,and what did our friend responded to that?calling me moron,idiot,Turkish BURN...all his replies were full with aggression.so i had to answer him the same way.

anyway i apologies for my language to him and other jazzfans,and im not going to reply his comments from now on.

Good call. Waste of time anyway.

Last edited:
...calling me moron,idiot,Turkish BURN...

I'm not defending him in any way, but he actually didn't call you a Turkish burn. He was asking if the comment about his shoe size was a Turkish burn. "Burn" in this context means "insult".

Good luck with this one, Verlin.

I'm not defending him in any way, but he actually didn't call you a Turkish burn. He was asking if the comment about his shoe size was a Turkish burn. "Burn" in this context means "insult".

i know,i just got mad the way he brought up my natioanlty into the arguement twice.and saying turkish is not a race(LOL),i take that as an insult,anyway man,i did apologize to him on my earlier post.

You've apologized twice. I think that's enough, he didn't deserve the first one, imo. I doubt he'd consider doing the same.

You've apologized twice. I think that's enough, he didn't deserve the first one, imo. I doubt he'd consider doing the same.

old saying:An apology is a good way to have the last word.

as i said before;im not going to reply his comments anymore,so he deserves an apology.

P.S i would apologize him 100 times more,if that would help him to stop BS'ing

this is just in; semih erden is cut from the NT because of an injury,that means more playing time for Enes

Wow. So there was a reason Semih was playing like hot trash...

Yeah, he is normally a very good player, he has allstar potential, but he has questionable mental ability, he isnt very consistent, he was very good last summer in world cup though.

I was actually going to start a thread about it, it is very important because that means, Enes will be getting major mins. It will be a big experience for him after not playing 2 yrs and we all will see how well he can respond to the expectations at his young age.

At the first game against Ukraine, i was thinking he may not even make the team but right now he seems like the best choice along with Omer Asik in the post. Thats a pretty good improvement in the training period for me.

so we got harris, favors and kanter for deron who's contract was soon to be over. what a great deal! it will be even better in two or three years. what a steal, thanks koc! it's really exciting to be a jazz fan :)

You forgot about Burks since we probably would have made the playoffs (maybe the 8th seed) had we kept Deron.

Yeah, he is normally a very good player, he has allstar potential, but he has questionable mental ability, he isnt very consistent, he was very good last summer in world cup though.

I was actually going to start a thread about it, it is very important because that means, Enes will be getting major mins. It will be a big experience for him after not playing 2 yrs and we all will see how well he can respond to the expectations at his young age.

At the first game against Ukraine, i was thinking he may not even make the team but right now he seems like the best choice along with Omer Asik in the post. Thats a pretty good improvement in the training period for me.

enes kanter is the best player on the turkish roster along with omer asik, imo. i would even take him over omer asik. hedo had one good game in eight games and ilyasova has been a disappointment so far, but he still has shown some improvement over the last two games. i expect this two guys two become better in the tournament, otherwise turkey can not advance further in the tournament. tunceri has also played solid in the last two games, finding his rythm and form back again. even the rather bad guard ender arslan has improved. right now, it's a good situation for enes, he will get at least his 20 minutes per game with semih out. i also have high expectations referring to enes kanter. like 12 points and 8 boards is what i'm expecting from him in the tournament.

semih is more of an energy guy with no real offensive game, average defense and he is rather a bad rebounder for his size and athleticizm. he is quick, long, has solid size and is quite athletic. he moves well for a player his size and that's it. he can pass the ball a little bit, too. he does everything a little bit but there is not one particular thing in which he is really good at it. i don't see the all-star potential in him. he will be the third or second center, coming from the bench to play like 10-15 mins per game, or maybe 20 minutes for his team. that's pretty decent for a guy who was selected as the 59th or 60th pick in the draft, i don't remember. i don't expect him to become a starter in this league, he is way to inconsistent and if you don't get consistent rebounding numbers from your big man, he does not deserve more playing time. all in all, he has some skills, but lacks the concentration, focus to become a starter and does not seem to have improved much over the last couple of years, imo... but the tools are there, definitely...

Yeah, Aybars. Don't you know that since you pointed out that Kanter improved since his first game that means you were implying that his statistical output would double every two years all the way out to infinity? Way to see right through him, Verlin. And as for that crack he made about your shoe size, it's at least double your IQ so don't worry, nobody else around this place is going to mistake one number for the other.
Thanks for the neg rep Verlin.