What's new

Can the Al Jefferson experiment please end?

Not a good shot. But why did he get it in the first place? I have to rewatch, but my take on it was he got handed a shot he felt he had to rush with the time crunch when Hayward should have taken it.

Frickin' Hayward. How many more times do we need to watch him drive the lane, get to the basket, and then pass it? Usually to someone 20+ feet from the basket. Can the Gordon Hayward of April please return?

Both of these. I am sure AJ was surprised to see the ball come at him right then. I am positive he expected Hayward to take it to the hole and shoot it. When it came to him he knew time was short and had to just throw it up. Hayward got right to the rim and should have taken it right up the chest of the shot blockers with momentum and would have either gotten a layup or a foul the way he was moving. But he chickened out and passed it off at a very bad time.

Reactions: MVP
Here is a quote I must add from a good friend of mine, who won't come here because he thinks Jazzfanz is infested by idiots (My words, no his)

Hating on Jefferson already? Jeez, it’s a brand new team. It’s not like Jefferson’s the difference between a championship and an early playoffs exit. Good grief.
You're good friends with Sloanfield? Tell him we don't miss him, even though I do agree with what he's saying here.

That last Jefferson shot...from my vantage point looked Charmin Ultra-soft to me. Am I wrong?

Huh? How do you make that shot "un-soft?" Given the time left and the way he got the ball, there was no way for him to do anything but go up and AB was already on top of him. This is making something up.

I dont know why do we even argue about Jefferson. It is pretty obvious he is not gonna suddenly become a Tim Duncan after 7 yrs in the league like many people were dreaming in the off season. He is just what he is. Is he talented? Yes , but who the hell cares if he cant use half of his skills, thinking he is Ray Allen and shooting whereever he gets the ball. He is good in the paint, makes some tough shots but that doesnt compensate his defensive failures.
To sum up, right now he has to play because if we sit our vet guy and play the rookie Kanter, we cant find a market to trade him, but we should look for the best possibility to trade him and get something better than rubbish in return.

P.S. So few players in nba, plays this game so stupidly having paid same as Big Al.

Really, reps mean nothing. It's not like I can trade in my rep points for cash.
Actually, I'm not even sure if negs actually take any points away.

But I'll tell you what. I am going to make sure that I can neg you every day, since you seem to think it matters.

I'm sure you could create a black market to sell your neg repping power now that reps aren't anonymous.

And what was your refute to my post that YOU negged? I don't have to hate Al Jefferson just because you do
Maybe you should be banned.

Most people have her on ignore. Please don't quote her so I have no chance of ever reading her.

Jefferson was forcing shot after shot in the 4th quarter and overtime. Favors and Kanter both had better defense against the bigs of the Lakers. I would have seriously looked at a line up with Millsap, Kanter and Favors. The problem is who do you leave off the floor? Bell was playing good defense against Kobe, Howard was effective and Harris was the best ball handler on the floor.

Really, reps mean nothing. It's not like I can trade in my rep points for cash.
Actually, I'm not even sure if negs actually take any points away.

But I'll tell you what. I am going to make sure that I can neg you every day, since you seem to think it matters.

I am with you on this one.

Frickin' Hayward. How many more times do we need to watch him drive the lane, get to the basket, and then pass it? Usually to someone 20+ feet from the basket. Can the Gordon Hayward of April please return?

yes, he will return when Jazz will be out of playoffs and games won't matter.

Last nights lost wasn't Al's fault it was Corbins for not realizing that Al was struggling against AB and replacing him with Derek or Enes

craig2112 said:
TroutBum said:
craig2112 said:
what the hell is wrong with people on Jazzfanz.
That dickhead (and others) was telling me off left and right because I didn't share his hate of Al Jefferson. So I gave it back to them

and now I am a troll?

This board is full of idiots.

Didn't call you a troll, actually. You are trolling though, which you've pretty much admitted to, and you suck at it. Like I said, there are good trolls and bad ones, yours are bad. At least be funny or clever with your responses, ffs. Or not, since you don't seem to care about it. (hence your repeated posts, PM's, and overall crying)

You're 100% right about the board being full of idiots though.

Dude, I honsetly don't know what you are talking about. I don't know where I admitted to trolling. Like I said, a couple of dingbats got mad at me because I defended Jefferson. They came after me, telling me to shut up and leave the boards. I stood up to them. They came at me more, I stood up to them more.

This kind of crap always happens on messageboards because it's easy to be a jerk when you don't face people in person.

But I am being called a troll by a lot of people. Seriously, if that is how people on Jazzfanz are, then I really should find something on a bit of a higher level than the local sewer.

You say that you agree that the board is full of idiots, but you tell me off for trolling (which I still don't understand). Guys send me messages telling me all sorts of crap, but I am a troll?)

I contribute a lot to the board lately. I am the one who posted all the post game quotes. I get a lot of comments from people who like what I have to say.
But a couple of angry dickheads go crazy and I am a troll?

If defending jazz players from ridiculous hate is going to put me on everyone's craplist, then I'm outahere.

I just thought that this series of PM's was worthy of a post on here. Way to "not care" about what a bunch of "angry dickheads" say and do, followed by a, "I'm taking my ball and going home -- you guys are meanies!". Farewell, you thin-skinned, turd encrusted, woogeteer. I promise you, nobody is going to miss your awesome insights and posts.

I just thought that this series of PM's was worthy of a post on here. Way to "not care" about what a bunch of "angry dickheads" say and do, followed by a, "I'm taking my ball and going home -- you guys are meanies!". Farewell, you thin-skinned, turd encrusted, woogeteer. I promise you, nobody is going to miss your awesome insights and posts.

Wow. I have to laugh.
So many people telling me to leave the boards last night, as if it matters.

Oh, I really care if nobody here will miss me.

I'll tell you one thing: Jazzfanz has quite a bad reputation for being a place full of morons. Most people I know (both in person and online) think this place is crap and refuse to ever come here.

Funny, you can ridicule me, but you couldn't tell me why I am a supposed "troll"

Wow. I have to laugh.
So many people telling me to leave the boards last night, as if it matters.

Oh, I really care if nobody here will miss me.

I'll tell you one thing: Jazzfanz has quite a bad reputation for being a place full of morons. Most people I know (both in person and online) think this place is crap and refuse to ever come here.

Funny, you can ridicule me, but you couldn't tell me why I am a supposed "troll"

It's SOOOO CRAPPY that you can't walk away. Keep talking there big guy.

And i just wasted a perfectly good positive on one of your other posts.

People that hate JazzFanz can't or know they can't hack it here. Or they don't like how wildly emotional the posts in general are (after a win "BEST TEAM EVER", after a loss "TRADE EVERYONE OMG").

It's SOOOO CRAPPY that you can't walk away. Keep talking there big guy.

oh gee, am I annoying you?

I will say, I really do enjoy being annoying when people get annoyed by me.
You think you can say "It's SOOOO CRAPPY that you can't walk away" and I'll feel silly and walk away?

Oh, and wouldn't it be terrible if I did leave and nobody missed me. How could I go on?

If I get some entertainment here, then it's good for me. What are you gonna do about it?

People that hate JazzFanz can't or know they can't hack it here. Or they don't like how wildly emotional the posts in general are (after a win "BEST TEAM EVER", after a loss "TRADE EVERYONE OMG").

What is there to hack? It's just stupid. Eventually, it just isn't worth any time spent on it.

Most people enjoy good discussions. If the discussion sucks, then they don't participate anymore.

Most of you really do suck

And for all you Jefferson haters.
Here is some reality for you: Jazz are obviously committed to him being a major part of the offense. In fact, he is our leading scorer and will be our leading scorer at the end of the year.
A trade seems very unlikely.
I will enjoy watching him play all year. You won't

Picture0003.jpg