What's new

CHICAGO BULLS v. UTAH JAZZ 7:00 MST 09 February 2010

Well, the Jazz are at home and the Bulls are in the middle of a 5-game road trip, so overall it's still saying Chicago is 3-4 points better on a neutral floor. Can't argue with that.

I'm going to this game which means a big loss! Since every game I go to we lose!

I am optimistic about this team getting back to where we were (and better), but the last time we beat a team with a record as good as or better than Chicago was Nov 26 vs the Lakers. We are not playing on the level that we were back then.

Please oh please can I eat crow!

Boozers bad defense is being overrated in this topic. I was reading this board earlier today and somebody wrote that long players don't give Jefferson problems like they did to Boozer. Did you see what Andray Blatche and Brook Lopez did to Jefferson last month? The only players that really gave Boozer big problems were Pau Gasol and Kevin Garnett (a few times). Jefferson still gets smoked on the boards by longer players.

Again, people just talking out of their ***.

Then some of you clowns, 'just give the ball to Millsap and he will score every time.' Well, no, he won't. Every time he misses Carlos will get the rebound. You could however, turn around and say to give the ball to Carlos and he will score on Millsap every time. He won't either, but it works out in Boozers favor.

Unfortunately I think the Bulls will win. They just have more weapons than us, we are still struggling having won like 4 out of 12 or something, and CJ is playing horrible lately. We need a huge game from Deron to win.

The only players that really gave Boozer big problems were Pau Gasol and Kevin Garnett (a few times).

I'm not sure "big" is the right adjective for Boozer's problems with Gasol. C'mon assclown, you can think of something more accurate.

And Marcus Camby, Javale McGee, and 40-year-old Dikembe Mutombo.

But I agree that he was a phenomenal offensive player. From a skills standpoint, he has/had a flawless skill-set for his position on offense (even if he wasn't blessed with the greatest height, length, or athleticism).

Just listened to Korver talking about what it's like playing in Chicago. What stood out was this, "...we run defensive plays over and over, probably the most I've ever done in my eight years in the league. We also continually watch a lot of game tape."

#1 defensive team in the league with players that we used to have who were considered non-defensive guys. I think it's safe to say that coaching is probably to blame for the lack of defense. Billyshelby said it best, "folksy sayings like 'we need to protect our house' wont get it done." Utah plays man and that's about it. Some zone once in a while, but really, the focus is on offense and the defense is predicated on how well the offense is ran.

Boozers bad defense is being overrated in this topic. I was reading this board earlier today and somebody wrote that long players don't give Jefferson problems like they did to Boozer. Did you see what Andray Blatche and Brook Lopez did to Jefferson last month? The only players that really gave Boozer big problems were Pau Gasol and Kevin Garnett (a few times). Jefferson still gets smoked on the boards by longer players.

Again, people just talking out of their ***.

Then some of you clowns, 'just give the ball to Millsap and he will score every time.' Well, no, he won't. Every time he misses Carlos will get the rebound. You could however, turn around and say to give the ball to Carlos and he will score on Millsap every time. He won't either, but it works out in Boozers favor.

Unfortunately I think the Bulls will win. They just have more weapons than us, we are still struggling having won like 4 out of 12 or something, and CJ is playing horrible lately. We need a huge game from Deron to win.

I like you Sloanfeld, but you really do swing from Booz' nuts WAY too much. Booz was great for us. He wasn't much when he entered the league. He wasn't much when Utah picked him up. I remember the controversy and flack that LHM received for picking Booz up for the price he did, but Larry insisted that Booz would be a 20/10 guy based on Larry's "batting average". Booz basically grew up here in Utah and turned into the player he is today.

In regard to Jefferson, he'll be fine here. He's a very talented big with amazing post moves. I suspect it will take him until next season to really get acclimated.

My point is, Booz was NOT amazing right from the start. He took time to develop too. Jefferson is in the same boat, in fact Jefferson is starting to come a long nicely. I think Jefferson's biggest issue is he's more of a PF than a C. I also think Sloan should adjust to Jefferson' game more. Malone used to post up all the time and the ball would often "stick". IMO Jefferson is more of that type of player than a "pick & pop" player like Booz.

Of course Booz has a better offensive game than Jefferson RIGHT NOW, but Jefferson will be a force on this team and in the west after a season under his belt.

Korver's defense is underrated. He played well defensively his first 1.5 seasons here, and sucked last season due to his knee injury. This is why CJ got so many minutes. It's unfortunate that Korver gets such a bad rap on defense because fans don't seem to get this.

1) Boozer got blasted by Aldridge on monday...
2) Boozer is considered even by chicago fans to be an absoltuely absymal pick and roll defender
3) Boozer is 4 years older than AlGeoff and has way more experience playing structured winning-basketball (several years at duke + 6 years within the jazz offense plus some years at Cleveland) Whereas Al went straight from highschool onto losing teams and terrible Tims-triangle offense for his first 6 proffesional years. Jefferson > Boozer 2 years down the road easy.

There's more to defense than good and bad. For example, Korver was a fantastic team/help defender, but isolated against a threat he was a nightmare. In contrast, Bell's team/help D is lacking, and he is or used to be a fantastic man-to-man defender.

1) Boozer got blasted by Aldridge on monday...
2) Boozer is considered even by chicago fans to be an absoltuely absymal pick and roll defender
3) Boozer is 4 years older than AlGeoff and has way more experience playing structured winning-basketball (several years at duke + 6 years within the jazz offense plus some years at Cleveland) Whereas Al went straight from highschool onto losing teams and terrible Tims-triangle offense for his first 6 proffesional years. Jefferson > Boozer 2 years down the road easy.

You didn't watch that game. I read on the Bulls board on realgm that Thomas and Gibson were guarding LA a lot of the game. LA never went off against Boozer like that when he was with Utah, he does against Millsap.