What's new

CHICAGO BULLS v. UTAH JAZZ 7:00 MST 09 February 2010

He wasn't much when he entered the league. He wasn't much when Utah picked him up. I remember the controversy and flack that LHM received for picking Booz up for the price he did, but Larry insisted that Booz would be a 20/10 guy based on Larry's "batting average". Booz basically grew up here in Utah and turned into the player he is today.

In regard to Jefferson, he'll be fine here. He's a very talented big with amazing post moves. I suspect it will take him until next season to really get acclimated.

My point is, Booz was NOT amazing right from the start. He took time to develop too.
I agree we haven't seen Al's best days in Jazz basketball, but I disagree about the Jazz totally making Boozer the player his was. 2nd-rnd pick yes, but if Curtis Borchardt hadn't fallen to the Jazz, Utah was prepared to select Boozer 18th overall. Not only was Booze one of the better bigs in college basketball, Boozer came to Utah at 23 after 2 seasons in the league in which he got better and better with the Cavs - to the point he did show he could be a 20&10 player when LeBron was out w/an ankle injury (remember that 32 point effort in SLC?). Boozer would've been a bigtime PF anywhere he went, but I will agree Utah was probably one of the better fits for him. Up until 2007, Boozer substantially improved his game each year - but he was pretty good when he got here too. He couldn't stay healthy his first 2 years and he didn't have a solid PG until his 3rd year in SLC.

One other difference between Al/Booze is, Boozer was a high-percentage shooter (52%+) everywhere he played (Duke, Cavs, Uta). Al was a 48-51%. Jefferson isn't the amazingly proficient scorer Boozer is, but if he keeps working he can provide the low-post scoring that Boozer wasn't able to against taller frontlines.

Boozers bad defense is being overrated in this topic. I was reading this board earlier today and somebody wrote that long players don't give Jefferson problems like they did to Boozer. Did you see what Andray Blatche and Brook Lopez did to Jefferson last month? The only players that really gave Boozer big problems were Pau Gasol and Kevin Garnett (a few times). Jefferson still gets smoked on the boards by longer players.

Again, people just talking out of their ***.

Then some of you clowns, 'just give the ball to Millsap and he will score every time.' Well, no, he won't. Every time he misses Carlos will get the rebound. You could however, turn around and say to give the ball to Carlos and he will score on Millsap every time. He won't either, but it works out in Boozers favor.

Unfortunately I think the Bulls will win. They just have more weapons than us, we are still struggling having won like 4 out of 12 or something, and CJ is playing horrible lately. We need a huge game from Deron to win.

Well Sloanfeld, the Jazz just exposed Boozer time and time again on the pick and roll... When they brought in the bench guy, things started bottling up inside... Go figure...

Also... I'm pleased to see that Milsap is exposing Boozers ONLY weakness on offense and that's his ability to hold onto the ball in traffic...

Yes... Boozer is an offensive weapon at his position but again on defense he's lazy and late... As always...

Well Sloanfeld, the Jazz just exposed Boozer time and time again on the pick and roll... When they brought in the bench guy, things started bottling up inside... Go figure...

Also... I'm pleased to see that Milsap is exposing Boozers ONLY weakness on offense and that's his ability to hold onto the ball in traffic...

Yes... Boozer is an offensive weapon at his position but again on defense he's lazy and late... As always...

And we're still losing.

Boozer is getting easy looks just missing ones he would usually make. It's unlikely that he struggles in the second half and that does not bode well for us.

Boozer is getting easy looks just missing ones he would usually make. It's unlikely that he struggles in the second half and that does not bode well for us.

It looks like the Jazz have Boozer's number, at least tonight. They just look like they are one step ahead of him. As good of a shooter as he is, I think it's a win every time he settles for the 16 foot fade away jumper.

Bozzer doing his matador defense again. Millsap going off with easy layups, dunks and jumpers. Lulz... haven't seen that a million times.

And we're still losing.

Well, we're now up by 1 after your typical Boozer defense... Watching as Milsap cuts to the basket on the fast break and dunks the basketball...

Now that is the Boozer that I remember... Thanks Booz... Geez, If I were coaching the Bulls I would sit him on the bench because when he's out of the game, we're out of the paint...

LOL!

Well, we're now up by 1 after your typical Boozer defense... Watching as Milsap cuts to the basket on the fast break and dunks the basketball...

Now that is the Boozer that I remember... Thanks Booz... Geez, If I were coaching the Bulls I would sit him on the bench because when he's out of the game, we're out of the paint...

LOL!

You know... It's funny... When Boozer comes in the Jazz go on a run and get the lead... But when he goes out with Brewer and Gibson coming in... We fall behind again...

You know... Watching this game, I would say that the Bulls are winning because of Rose much more than Boozer... Because that kid is unstoppable!!

Maybe Boozer's prediction of Rose becoming the best PG in the NBA, that everyone laughed at him in pre-season for, is not so far-fetched after all.

Maybe Boozer's prediction of Rose becoming the best PG in the NBA, that everyone laughed at him in pre-season for, is not so far-fetched after all.

Oh... I see... When we can't say anything about his play, we find other things to reach for to put him on a pedastool... Like his psychic ability...

Gotta give you credit for finding something there Sloany... Because your man isn't doing much of anything else...

Maybe he can get a job with Miss Cleo or something... Make a career change... LOL

Oh... I see... When we can't say anything about his play, we find other things to reach for to put him on a pedastool... Like his psychic ability...

Gotta give you credit for finding something there Sloany... Because your man isn't doing much of anything else...

Maybe he can get a job with Miss Cleo or something... Make a career change... LOL

He is their second leading scorer tonight. And this IS a game thread, not a Boozer thread.

He is their second leading scorer tonight. And this IS a game thread, not a Boozer thread.

And another thing... Every time I try to post outside of the gameday thread, I get a bunch of "failed" posts from you guys... (whatever the hell that means)...

Well, I guess the rules in this forum are like the rules in the NBA... Convoluded and inconsistent... Oh well..

Jeffersuck couldn't handle the pass, got scared. That was D-Will and Boozer's breadn and butter play in the clutch.